Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did anyone really NOT expect Republicans to try to stop the Russia Investigation?
Of course I expected them to interfere! 51 75.00%
No,I expected them to allow the invetigation to be completed. 17 25.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 09:58 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
We know that at least three of the members investigating are not "clean" at all. We also saw the judge mysteriously recuse himself this week.

Why wouldn't Trump want to clear his name? It's like asking why OJ wouldn't want Mark Furman to investigate him so he could clear his name? It appears (we will soon know for sure) that the entire Mueller investigation is based on false evidence, massive conflicts of interests and the goal of finding a crime, not investigating one.

The GOP has finally figured it out. Back Trump and win. Oppose him and lose. There's absolutely no chance of the GOP approving impeachment. It's coo-coo talk. Also, you've been wrong about people voting for Trump every step of the way. My money is on you being wrong...again. I don't know a single Trump voter, or Independent that will be voting D come the 2018 midterms. The GOP will crush the Dems again, and the party of the elites will still scratch their heads and wonder how it could have happened.
I disagree about the midterms. Right now, the Dems have higher approval polls.

You know how the Trump cult keeps laughing at angry liberals? Angry people are the most motivated to vote. Those who are not enthusiastic don't vote in the midterms. What has the GOP in Congress done to enthuse the voters?

The tax plan is not popular among the middle class. No health insurance plan on the horizon. Talk of Medicare and SS cuts. Who votes in midterms? Angry motivated voters. Who is angry? Many voters who are not part of the Trump cult.

People don't like having a GOP president and Congress--not enough balance.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:00 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
It does seem that more Republicans are getting behind Trump, that's because the Mueller investigation is falling apart despite all the efforts to stonewall congress's calls to turn over documents, and even ignore subpoenas.

After the threat of being held in contempt of congress, all hell was starting to break lose as FBI director was read the riot act by members of the House the other day.

It's looking more likely that Mueller will be forced to shut down his investigation as more evidence comes out about the FISA warrant, and Russian dossier. The clock could be running out sooner rather than later on Mueller, and his band of anti-Trump minions.
Me think you have taken one too many sips from the Faux new quack pot punch bowl.........

Old 12-10-2017, 10:00 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Want investigations into what? Normally investigations involve a crime. i.e. X happens, so they investigate to see who did it. In this case there's no crime, what they're doing is looking for one. When have you heard of that before?

If the roles were reversed and Hillary was under investigation would you feel comfortable with Jeff Sessions, Rudy Giuliani, Steve Bannon & a team of "lock her up!", Trump donors investigating her?
Like the investigations into Clinton? There's no crimes in this one? Then why have four people been busted for crimes so far?

They obviously had reason to investigate. Even if trump is clean, he decided to get in bed with people he received warnings about. That's on him. Everyone crying about a witch hunt are delusional. It'll be a fair investigation, and whoever goes down goes down.

firing mueller won't stop the investigation, especially after nabbing the four people.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:27 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Trump has the power to declassify the FISA Warrants for the Judiciary Committee, which Trump's appointee was questioned about in the hearings this week, and would not disclose. Why hasn't Trump declassified the warrants if it would prove Mueller guilty of something?
If that's true (?), it would certainly give the appearance of inserting himself into the investigation and have people like you howling about obstruction of justice. Better to have congress pressure the FBI into turning over their FISA application.

Would you agree that if (and it's just speculation, I know) the FBI used the unverified "dossier" to acquire the FISA warrant, that the whole case is over?

Old 12-10-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Why would any testimony, plea deals, etc. be inadmissible and/or invalid? It's not like the FBI obtained this information illegally. There was no illegal search or seizure involved. This is no "fruit of the poisoned tree" situation.

FBI was given this information, apparently by the person who compiled it. But even if Clinton handed it over to the FBI, that's what you are supposed to do with such information.

It is the job of the FBI/Intelligence Community to verify accuracy of tips they receive. Which apparently, they have been working on.
The bar to get a FISA warrant is set extremely high. Only a small % of applications are ever approved. Prior FBI applications to get one on Trump were rejected. The evidence must be extremely strong. The "dossier" was unverified. It could not legally have been the basis for the FISA warrant.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I disagree about the midterms. Right now, the Dems have higher approval polls.

You know how the Trump cult keeps laughing at angry liberals? Angry people are the most motivated to vote. Those who are not enthusiastic don't vote in the midterms. What has the GOP in Congress done to enthuse the voters?

The tax plan is not popular among the middle class. No health insurance plan on the horizon. Talk of Medicare and SS cuts. Who votes in midterms? Angry motivated voters. Who is angry? Many voters who are not part of the Trump cult.

People don't like having a GOP president and Congress--not enough balance.
What you're saying is exactly what people said prior to the 2016 election.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:31 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
You are correct. These other issues have been brought up on this forum. And I can almost guarantee they were threads started by Republicans. Just like most threads about Trump are started by Democrats. What I asked for is for you and others to actually see these threads about people you consider "on your team" and go into them and not simply start defending. You may see these threads, but most simply tow their party line, and defend those on their team. I'm talking about Republicans here too. I'm not just picking on Democrats. That's what I'm calling on you to end. Recognize and acknowledge the wrong doing inside your own party. If evidence ever surfaces that actually proves Trump did something treasonous or illegal, I will stand with you in calling for his impeachment/imprisonment/etc. I am asking you to do the same. Most people will not do this. But I for one will not defend a criminal when there is absolute proof of wrong doing. No matter what side of the political aisle they happen to sit on.

Two thumbs up for you for putting country first. Out country needs more people who think this way.

What if Mueller is fired? Will it stop the investigation? I sincerely doubt it and I think it would add to the obstruction of justice charge. It's also not that easy for Mueller to be fired. First Jeff Sessions would have to be fired and we already saw where that went. Then Rosenstein would have to go because he hired Mueller after Sessions recused himself. Rosenstein already said no to firing Mueller. Then there has to be a finding of genuine misconduct. None of that unless you believe the far right hysteria.

You can believe the right wing spin doctors trying to drum up a case, or you can trust Mueller's stellar reputation and respect across the isle. That means that there are still a lot of Republican's behind Mueller as well. Then there are the convictions and flips. Those are bottom line facts.

I've been watching Fox and the right wing spin doctors try to destroy the credibility of Mueller and the FBI. All I see is desperation as the noose tightens.

Has MSM made errors in reporting? Yes. There is no such thing as perfection. Mueller subpoenas Deitsche Bank records about Trump's financial dealings and the spin doctors go crazy calling it fake news. How about splitting hairs and calling it subpoenas for Trump entities? Okay, but does that mean that Trump entities are shell companies or LLC's, or corporations owned by Trump? My guess would be yes.

Mueller or not, the cat is too far out of the bag to crawl back in. I agree that it is getting more difficult to keep an open mind about Trump. Most of us believe what we want to believe and justify anything despicable to keep our beliefs alive. It's human nature, but it's gone too far on both sides.

The truth will come out, one way or another. Lets put country first.

Old 12-10-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Like the investigations into Clinton? There's no crimes in this one? Then why have four people been busted for crimes so far?

They obviously had reason to investigate. Even if trump is clean, he decided to get in bed with people he received warnings about. That's on him. Everyone crying about a witch hunt are delusional. It'll be a fair investigation, and whoever goes down goes down.

firing mueller won't stop the investigation, especially after nabbing the four people.
As I said, normally there's an investigation into a crime. i.e. John Doe was murdered, so they investigate the crime. In this case, they're investigating to see if they can find a crime. You don't see the difference?

Old 12-10-2017, 10:58 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Thought about setting up a poll on this question but I really hate those things. Better to throw the question up here for open discussion.

It's simply a matter of time before Trump fires Mueller. It's his only chance to stay in office through 2018. In doing so of course he will destroy any chance of re-election, but he really doesn't care about that at this point; he wants to avoid the ultimate humiliation of being impeached from office, which is the likely outcome if he lets the Mueller investigation continue.

We hear talk about a Constitutional crisis if this were to occur, and the Democrats think that Republicans will join in an impeachment - but not sure I buy it. The likely result is that Republicans will give it a lot of lip service and patriotic grandstanding but in the end, they will stand behind their dictator. Maybe he will wait until Moore is elected, because Roy would surely be a powerful ally when he decides to fire Mueller. If he's lucky, McCain's health will continue to fail, because the old man will surely be a thorn in his side. Don't worry, Trump will retain his hardcore base - sure it will shrink, but he will still retain enough of them to fill his rally halls. That will be enough to survive through his first term.

Here are some speculative articles on this:

What if Trump fires Mueller?

What Will Congress Do If Trump Tries to Fire Mueller? - Rolling Stone

Even Republicans Would Back Trump
Wonder if trump will fire Mueller before or after he presses the red button and elopes with Hillary?

Old 12-10-2017, 10:59 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Me think you have taken one too many sips from the Faux new quack pot punch bowl.........

Faux news like these?

https://www.axios.com/the-medias-rus...515978886.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies