Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did anyone really NOT expect Republicans to try to stop the Russia Investigation?
Of course I expected them to interfere! 51 75.00%
No,I expected them to allow the invetigation to be completed. 17 25.00%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 12:17 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,162,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Can you guys just let Mueller do his job. He's a republican after all.
That's what I'm saying.

I don't think some people know that patriotism isn't just a bumper sticker, or a ball cap.

If you want what's BEST for the country, you let the investigation do whit it is supposed to do.

Investigations of this level don't happen because of "Fake News". People don't plead guilty because of "Fake News". People don't resign over "Fake News". If TRUMP wanted this to be done with, he would be transparent. For a bunch of innocent people, they sure do act sketchy AF and seem to pride themselves on deception. Why?

This is purely speculation, but it would make sense with this recent "Fire Mueller" rhetoric...guess who else was part of the Trump transition team?

Rep. Devin Nunes
House Intelligence (Chair)

Rep. Trey Gowdy
House Oversight (Chair)
House Intelligence
House Judiciary

Rep Cynthia Lummis
House Oversight

Rep. Tom Marino
House Judiciary

Rep. Dennis Ross
Sen. Tim Scott
Rep Marsha Blackburn
Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers
Rep. Tom Reed
Rep. Lou Barletta
Rep. Chris Collins
Rep. Sean Duffy

Maybe they've realized that Mueller's investigation has followed the trail. Maybe they are afraid of being questioned next.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:18 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,548,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Fire Mueller? Why, he isn't doing anything. Just quit paying for nothing. How long does it take to admit nothing is wrong? He wasn't needed and still is not needed.
He isn't doing anything? I guess Flynn is a nothing.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:19 AM

2,818 posts, read 1,536,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Fire Mueller? Why, he isn't doing anything. Just quit paying for nothing. How long does it take to admit nothing is wrong? He wasn't needed and still is not needed.
Sounds like you're talking about yourself.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:26 AM

38,604 posts, read 26,223,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I really don't think you understand the implications of what this article is saying.

The twist: The sources say that transition officials assumed that Mueller would come calling, and had sifted through the emails and separated the ones they considered privileged. But the sources said that was for naught, since Mueller has the complete cache from the dozen accounts.

This means, that he knew everything heading into the prior interviews, he knows what coming up in upcoming interviews, he knows who will be lying and who isn't.

They thought by handing over what they thought would appease the Investigators, that they were helping and cooperating. Not if they were hiding emails.

Mueller doesn't get a Fourth Amendment free pass just because you don't like last year's election results.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Mueller could be legitimately fired at any time.
What is called the Mueller Investigation has been from the start nothing but a Political Inquisition in search of a crime. Anti-Trump and democrats don't like history but are the first to take us back to the middle ages.
How do you know any of this?

No, it's you who doesn't like (or learn from) history--and you apparently support the rule of law only when it benefits your political ideology and candidate; otherwise, not so much.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:28 AM

6,004 posts, read 3,707,143 times
Trump and the GOP continue to be the most corrupt legislative force in American history. Can't wait to begin the process of getting them all out of office next year.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:29 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,162,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Mueller doesn't get a Fourth Amendment free pass just because you don't like last year's election results.
I am not a Hillary supporter, so thanks for nothing, I guess.

Trump supporters need to get over the idea that the only possible reason someone might not like Trump is partisan bias or sour grapes over losing the election. When you have so many of the US population, and really the world, that think someone sucks, maybe it has less to do with them being biased and more with him actually sucking.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:39 AM

1,896 posts, read 804,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Yea... I am sure the nation's top white collar criminal prosecutors illegally obtained government emails.....

Old 12-17-2017, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Yea... I am sure the nation's top white collar criminal prosecutors illegally obtained government emails.....
But this is the story FOX is peddling--and they don't question FOX. On anything.

Old 12-17-2017, 01:15 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,636,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I was 20 years old when Watergate happened, and my number in the draft lottery was 4. We would have been out of Viet Nam before then if Tricky Dick hadn't wanted to save his political hide. I remember that sonofabitch Nixon, well, and read everything I could find at the time pertaining to Watergate.

He committed a crime, fired Archibald Cox, and was due to be impeached because of the evidence he was the one who had orchestrated the whole thing. The republicans, back when they still had a sense of honor, went to him and told him to resign or his fanny was grass and they were going to be the lawn mower. That bastard Ford pardoned him before he could go to prison. Both of them are dead now, and much improved by it.
dont hold back, tell us ho you really feel. first off nixon had nothing to do with the break in at watergate, that was a john dean operation. dean lied through his teeth about nixons involvement. nixon however did, upon finding out what happened, cover up and did obstruct justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies