Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2018, 08:54 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
I am suspicious that Sessions wants out of his position and is giving the president the issue to fire him on. No one... no one but some stupid 90 year old redneck in Alabama is excited about this.

Mr. President... time to demand Sessions' resignation.
Why would he?

Quote:
Marijuana policy of the Donald Trump administration

Marijuana (cannabis) and the rights of individual states to legalize recreational and medical marijuana was an issue of President Donald Trump's presidential campaign, and he formally stated during his campaign that he believed states should have the right to manage their own policies with regard to medical and recreational marijuana. Following his election, he reversed his position on recreational marijuana and stated he believed medical marijuana should be allowed but stated the federal government may seek legal resolutions for those states which regulate the growth and sale of recreational marijuana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 09:00 AM

1,285 posts, read 591,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I don't like your misleading attention-grabbing subject line.

Yes, the memos will be rescinded. But that doesn't mean "crack down". I believe Trump and/or his advisers knows how big of a hot potato this issue is and hopefully won't act recklessly. From the article your cited:
Well gosh.
Currently states have been able to legalize marijuana as a result of these Cole memo's.
Federal police hands were tied.

Trump administration is rescinding those memos, and have not announced anything else.

So rescinding means that federal police no longer have their hands tied and can and are tasked with implementing federal law, superceding State law.
SO yes, that's a going to be a crackdown.

If the Trump admin have something else planned, well it's up to them to say it.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:01 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why would he?
Exactly. This will excite the Trump base and that's exactly the intention.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Trump doesn't even oppose marijuana, but as head of the executive branch, it is his job to enforce federal laws. I can't believe people try to trash him for doing the job that he was actually elected to do. Unlike Obama.

Ever consider that this is the first step to push for federal legalization of marijuana?
Well if that was their position then it is really up them to say so.
All the noise hereto, has been to stamp on States rights to decide.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:04 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,755,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Trump doesn't even oppose marijuana, but as head of the executive branch, it is his job to enforce federal laws. I can't believe people try to trash him for doing the job that he was actually elected to do. Unlike Obama.

Ever consider that this is the first step to push for federal legalization of marijuana?
You mean to tell me that by allowing the will of state voters to happen, ie recreational MJ, Obama was not doing what he was elected to do?

Honey, I have some news for you. Most of the recreational MJ states became recreational MJ states through the ballot box.

But again, its tRump that is following the will of the voters.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:06 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
This is going to backfire spectacularly. No way in hell they're getting that genie back in the bottle.
Understatement of the day. Kind of surprised Trump wants this.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:07 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
This is a major miscalculation.

I know a few trump voters, blue collar guys that work on my FL home...good ole boys. We never talk trump, but we did talk pot back when FL had referendum on medical marijuana (which passed). All these fellows, 40s and 50s, told me the smoke pot on weekends.

I think these guys are NOT going to be happy with a crackdown on pot; they were all looking forward to legalization in FL now that medical pot is legal.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:10 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post

I know a few trump voters, blue collar guys that work on my FL home...good ole boys. We never talk trump, but we did talk pot back when FL had referendum on medical marijuana (which passed). All these fellows, 40s and 50s, told me the smoke pot on weekends.

I think these guys are NOT going to be happy with a crackdown on pot; they were all looking forward to legalization in FL now that medical pot is legal.
It is not legal in FL, so those boys wont be affected. They were criminals before this, and will be criminals after it.

Old 01-04-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not legal in FL, so those boys wont be affected. They were criminals before this, and will be criminals after it.
Unless they have a 'green card' (for mm)

Thing is, the Trump admin hasn't said they would allow medical.
So couldn't the impending federal crackdown be across the board, recreational and medical?

Old 01-04-2018, 09:13 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post

I doubt this will be a make or break issue for them though. Will they vote Democrat because of this issue? Every state that has legalized recreational is a blue state so this will have no effect on red states. Meanwhile, the evangelicals are going to be energized about this because Trump is bringing "Bible morality" back to America one step at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies