Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2017, 07:41 AM

15,932 posts, read 12,194,660 times

Advertisements

There's no other thing in america that turns otherwise nonviolent law abiding citizens with no criminal record into criminals than marijuana use.

When you compare it to alcohol use, it doesn't cause metabolic syndrome, buildup of fat in the liver, GERD and gastritis, or have any calories that contribute to weight gain in general.

There are no hangovers. You smoke it, achieve the altered state of consciousness, and then it wears off.. no fuss, no muss. It should be legalized nationwide. It's no more or less addicting than food, sex, or any other vice. I'd imagine it could get expensive though at the levels some people claim they smoke it. An ounce would last me 6 months, as I'm a cheapskate and I'm not going to spend more than $50/month on mind altering substances.

I suspect it's not just the prison industrial complex and the religious right that want to keep it illegal, I'd imagine there's pressure from the alcohol industry as it would most definitely cut into alcohol sales. I would stop using alcohol for the most part (aside from perhaps craft beers) if I had access to high quality strains.

For people who like fine wines, fine cheeses, craft beers, and great cigars, marijuana would fit in perfectly. It's a very sophisticated drug for people who appreciate the finer things in life, simply because of the variety of strains and the subtle differences in tastes, effects, and the like.

I have cops tell me they'd rather deal with people stoned versus people drunk. Though I've never driven stoned, I've been told it's far easier to do so than while drunk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2017, 07:48 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,072,121 times
Well folks, this is it. Jeff Sessions has a chance to either stand up for what he's always believed in, or to make a fool of himself.

Jeff Sessions, for decades, has been a major supporter of state's rights and for the federal gov't to stay out of state business.

Well, the state of Colorado voted for the legalization of marijuana in 2012. Will Jeff Sessions contradict his "leave states alone" message that he pounded for over 20 years and go against his word by having the federal gov't interfere with state business!?

We'll have to wait and see.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:53 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,714,601 times
This is why I never liked Sessions as the choice for AG. He has proven to be uncharacteristically timid in his approach to his job on most issues, but with marijuana the old pit bull returns. There are some social conservatives that have "reefer madness" etched in to their brains and there's nothing you can do to get them to shake it. Sessions is one of them. He is turning American citizens in to criminals for doing nothing worse than what anyone who watches a football game with a beer in his hand has done.

Old 12-11-2017, 07:56 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,714,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
There's no other thing in america that turns otherwise nonviolent law abiding citizens with no criminal record into criminals than marijuana use.

When you compare it to alcohol use, it doesn't cause metabolic syndrome, buildup of fat in the liver, GERD and gastritis, or have any calories that contribute to weight gain in general.

There are no hangovers. You smoke it, achieve the altered state of consciousness, and then it wears off.. no fuss, no muss. It should be legalized nationwide. It's no more or less addicting than food, sex, or any other vice. I'd imagine it could get expensive though at the levels some people claim they smoke it. An ounce would last me 6 months, as I'm a cheapskate and I'm not going to spend more than $50/month on mind altering substances.

I suspect it's not just the prison industrial complex and the religious right that want to keep it illegal, I'd imagine there's pressure from the alcohol industry as it would most definitely cut into alcohol sales. I would stop using alcohol for the most part (aside from perhaps craft beers) if I had access to high quality strains.

For people who like fine wines, fine cheeses, craft beers, and great cigars, marijuana would fit in perfectly. It's a very sophisticated drug for people who appreciate the finer things in life, simply because of the variety of strains and the subtle differences in tastes, effects, and the like.

I have cops tell me they'd rather deal with people stoned versus people drunk. Though I've never driven stoned, I've been told it's far easier to do so than while drunk.
Not a single word in that post that I don't agree with entirely.

Old 12-11-2017, 08:17 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,164,905 times
The more likely reason Sessions will back off is because this not just an issue that affects liberals. Republicans are investing in the marijuana industry, too, and have no desire to enrich the Mexican cartels and not themselves.

Most Americans now realize weed isn't the harmful substance that some have demonized.

And, oh yeah--an unregulated free market supplying something in great demand doesn't hurt.$$$$

https://www.wealthdaily.com/articles...-cannabis/8758

https://herb.co/2017/10/31/republica...-legalization/

Old 12-11-2017, 09:48 AM

Quote:

Hech of a post.

I'm anxious to see if any anti-weed people would argue with anything you just said.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:28 PM

79,902 posts, read 43,907,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Hech of a post.

I'm anxious to see if any anti-weed people would argue with anything you just said.
I'm pro legalization and while the post doesn't quite go there, one should never try in any way shape or form defend driving while stoned.

It's not as bad as driving drunk should never be noted. We should be adamant that one never drives after participating.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:37 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,554,293 times
I predict the feds won't do anything about recreational pot. In 5 to 10 years it will be legal in the majority of states and the federal government will soon follow. They should just give the power to the states on whether to allow or not. A state like Oklahoma will most likely never legalize it because they (politicians and the church) love to control their citizens.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:39 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,554,293 times
Quote:

/thread.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm pro legalization and while the post doesn't quite go there, one should never try in any way shape or form defend driving while stoned.

It's not as bad as driving drunk should never be noted. We should be adamant that one never drives after participating.
Good lord no LOL.

My wife and I smoke sometimes on weekends (I'm in Colorado, it's legal here), and we always make sure we're in the house for the evening when we light up. Never, ever drive under the influence.

Safety first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies