Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 01:31 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,855,774 times

Advertisements

Senile he is NOT...

[/b]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
He's a senile old man also, nevertheless, here you guys are three weeks left in the year and still defending Trump & Co. B-list blacks that think they're helping need to keep their distance when it comes to a Civil Rights icon. They only damage Trump more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 01:58 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,658,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
No, “he” didn’t. Sheriff Clarke is the one who said it and he clarified in the same moment that it was a commentary on his current irrelevance, not that he was unaware of Lewis’s background.

How classless and petty of him.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:02 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times
Lewis is one of those idiotic democrat icons. You know...like Conyers, Franken, Barney Frank, etc.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:04 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I guess Nancy would call John Lewis an "Icon". Nancy and her "Icons" (with a lot of help from The Obama) have reduced the seats the Democratic Party holds by over 1,000 seats in a decade.

John Lewis has been a CongressCritter for 30 YEARS ....... and what has he accomplished in 30 YEARS?

He has sponsored 14 Bills that became Law ...... 14 in 30 YEARS.
I will say that the John Lewis record beats the Ron Paul record - so he can call that his claim to fame.
John Lewis Congressional Record |US Congress.gov

1. H.R.3811 — 100th Congress (1987-1988)
A bill to designate the Federal building located at 50 Spring Street, Southwest, Atlanta, Georgia, as the "Martin Luther King, Jr. Federal Building".

2. H.R.801 — 101st Congress (1989-1990)
To designate the United States Court of Appeals Building at 56 Forsyth Street in Atlanta, Georgia, as the "Elbert P. Tuttle Court of Appeals Building".

3. H.R.4488 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)
Gold Medal Technical Corrections Act of 2014

4. H.R.4275 — 111th Congress (2009-2010)
To designate the annex building under construction for the Elbert P. Tuttle United States Court of Appeals Building in Atlanta, Georgia, as the "John C. Godbold Federal Building".

5. H.R.1616 — 108th Congress (2003-2004)
Martin Luther King, Junior, National Historic Site Land Exchange Act

6. H.R.3442 — 107th Congress (2001-2002)
National Museum of African American History and Culture Plan for Action Presidential Commission Act of 2001

7. H.R.904 — 102nd Congress (1991-1992)
African American History Landmark Theme Study Act

8. H.R.3834 — 101st Congress (1989-1990)
Selma to Montgomery National Trail Study Act of 1989

9. H.R.690 — 102nd Congress (1991-1992)
To authorize the National Park Service to acquire and manage the Mary McLeod Bethune Council House National Historic Site, and for other purposes.

10. H.R.3491 — 108th Congress (2003-2004)
National Museum of African American History and Culture Act

11. H.R.923 — 110th Congress (2007-2008)
Emmett Till Unsolved Civil Rights Crime Act of 2007

12. H.R.1933 — 103rd Congress (1993-1994)
King Holiday and Service Act of 1994

13. H.R.2040 — 110th Congress (2007-2008)
Civil Rights Act of 1964 Commemorative Coin Act

14. H.R.4994 — 111th Congress (2009-2010)
Medicare and Medicaid Extenders Act of 2010

Think about what this man could have done in 30 years & what he could still do today, if he wasn't such a whiner - instead he has put forward fluff Legislation that hasn't done a darn thing for those that blindly re-elect him every 2 years. Perhaps his constituents appreciate and support his Disrespect of the President of the United States, perhaps they appreciate his Disregard of the Voters who put that President in office - perhaps people like John Lewis are a part of the reason that Congress has a low rating, part of the reason of those Lost 1,000 seats and a BIG part of the divisiveness in this Nation.

I lost respect for John Lewis many years ago - I actually saw the live footage of those protestors on that bridge - it was a big reason that I marched for Civil Rights. He has wasted his opportunities and that's just SAD.
Like I said earlier and NUMEROUS times before, Lewis has done next to nothing and accomplished even less. What a WASTE of tax payer money 30 years he should have been fighting for his district and lifting his constituents up by helping them make a better live for themselves. Instead he didn't do a damn thing. Lewis is not busting down any lazy blackman stero types at all. I am curious to see what the balance in hos bank accounyt(s) is and, what type of assetts he has accumulated in the 30 years an ans elected offical while the people in his district live in crime ridden squaler and can barely read and write.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:17 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
All President Trump said is John Lewis does not have much influence today. Lewis continues to trade on his rep from 40 years ago, upon which he has added little. The sad fact.

Whereas, President Carter, for example, whether you agree with his politics, or not, has built upon his tenure as President.

Old 12-10-2017, 03:56 PM

12,958 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Not many people left who can say I put my life on the line for what I believed in. America has a much better standing in the world due to people like John Lewis making a conscious decision to die for the cause. His critics today forget how many of his fellow soldiers died on the battlefield. Sad people expect more out of him.

Old 12-10-2017, 04:48 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
He said John who? because he's a senile old man who really can't remember a guy who has been in politics and on the news for 40 years.

LOL...

A.Trump didn't say it.
B.John Clarke said it, a black man if you unaware.
C.It was a sarcastic comment.
D.This thread is prime example of people making wild assumptions based on headline.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:09 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,372,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Time View Post
Trump ally dismisses Rep. John Lewis:

I guess we are supposed to be outraged about this...apparently John Lewis is someone we are supposed to fall down before on our knees. But I'd never heard of him either until now.
Given your above post actually proves the scuttlebutt I was told back in the early '60's.. that "Canadians get taught far more about American Politics and Racial history ( i.e. Civil War and Slavery) .. so I guess YOU are a typical example if educational ignorance by your schools!! It really should be an embarrassment that foreign Counties Know and were ED-U-Cated about YOUR history!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Just goes to show that Trump, his allies, his supporters are so out of touch with what has happened in history and the civil rights movement. I wouldn't expect your ilk to be outraged. Too dumb for that.

Lewis was one of the "Big Six" leaders of groups who organized the 1963 March on Washington, played many key roles in the Civil Rights Movement and its actions to end legalized racial segregation in the United States.
Even I know that and I did NOT grow up in USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohmixer View Post
Don't hold your breath that Trumper's will even bother to read your link.. They wallow in Ignorance in order to maintain their Trolling experience!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
I'm not at all surprised that anyone associated with or supportive of Trump has such little knowledge of history.
YOU can take this to the BANK!!

[quote=Mellowmike;50361477]

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I both voted and agree with Trump on this....

John Lewis attempted to show him up by saying that he refused to go to the Civil Rights Museum because Trump was gonna be there...

Fine...his right....and Trump has every right not to acknowledge who he is or invite him to the white house for anything while he is President...

John Lewis made his bed on this one...

btw...I personally love it when Trump counter punches[/quote]
It's no wonder you love it as it shows his immaturity. With trump's record in civil rights, John Lewis can't be faulted for not attending trump's reading of a script at the level of a 5th grader.
BTW~~ DJT has zero educational ability to grasp historical FACTS.. as, just look at all the "Faux Paws" he pulls almost weekly when doing some " POTUS Duties" i.e. RECOGNITION of the " Navajo Code Talkers" !!

Maybe I shouldn't bother to post this??.. as I realize Trump Troller's will not bother to read it

At a Navajo veterans' event, Trump makes 'Pocahontas' crack - CNNPolitics

Quote:
Looking on as Trump derided Warren and heralded the three Navajo World War II heroes was a portrait of Andrew Jackson, a former president who signed the Indian Removal Act of 1830.
The act allowed the federal government to remove Native Americans from their land. Among the results was the "Trail of Tears," when roughly 17,000 Cherokees were forced out of Georgia at gun point and moved to present-day Oklahoma. Thousands of Cherokees died on the journey.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:37 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Given your above post actually proves the scuttlebutt I was told back in the early '60's.. that "Canadians get taught far more about American Politics and Racial history...
It's unfortunate that Canadian education didn't teach you to not make wild assumptions based on a headline. LOL

To reiterate, the comment was made by John Clarke, a black man and he was being sarcastic.

Old 12-10-2017, 06:10 PM

12,958 posts, read 13,673,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It's unfortunate that Canadian education didn't teach you to not make wild assumptions based on a headline. LOL

To reiterate, the comment was made by John Clarke, a black man and he was being sarcastic.
Clarke argued during his Fox News appearance that Trump "is winning hearts and minds quietly and slowly throughout black America,

He is a senile old man or a Trump boot licker. That statement is patently untrue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies