Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 02:24 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,381,475 times

Advertisements

This is a wet dream for conservatives. Make the US like Alabama. A third world hell hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2017, 02:24 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,638,996 times
I wonder why the states that receive far more Federal spending than they send to Washington in Federal taxes are also have the least developed economies. What causes this? Where does the Federal spending go? Who benefits? Is all that spending being collected by the descendants of the Old South slaveholders?

Note: Before the Civil Rights movement the Democratic Party had been plagued by the racist politicians that were dedicated to any and all the anti-Black laws they could make part of their Jim Crow society. After the Federal Government started enforcing civil rights in voting and education these politicians took their pestilence to the Republicans. The Republicans welcomed them because they are the ignorant voters they needed to control the government and even more of the economy. So long as these white fools can feel that they are better off than any black they will vote for their masters and wait for the great rapture that relieve them of all the pain of their voluntary slavery to their betters.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,021,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Oh, look! Another Trumpster who can't see the forest from the trees.
It's a valid point. I do NOT support Trump but the problems we face are problems neither party has addressed and I will argue have only made worse.

Is Trump continuing the trend? He is, but he is only continuing what we have done for decades.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:29 PM

10,822 posts, read 14,891,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
They are too busy MAGA-ing to address all those issues! That and supporting hebephiles! MAGA indeed!
Mississippi is poor because all the uneducated rednecks vote MAGA but missed in all this racism is the simple fact the population of Mississippi is 37.7% black as compared to a nationwide percentage of 13% black.

This red state business left wingers so often spew about is mostly states dominated by a black population and if left wing democratic rule is so super great what happened to Detroit and Baltimore in the north?

Old 12-10-2017, 02:31 PM

46,197 posts, read 26,953,582 times
Glad he has an opinion....like everyone else has a ass hole....

I Wonder if he's been to the UN Plaza in San Francisco?

Quote:
From the UN Plaza to the Mission District, Market Street to Polk
Streets of San Francisco drenched in urine - SFGate

I dare anyone to come close to finding anything like this is Alabama...

Quote:
Unfortunately, it's a part of urban living that people will relieve themselves in less than ideal places."

I'll wait...

Old 12-10-2017, 02:31 PM

The Donald would be fine with more of the US living at the same level as the poorer places in the poorest countries on the planet so long as he was living at the same level as the Saudi Princes. I mean he saw all their gold and was completely enthralled. Do you think that Trump will ever play golf at some dusty course in the Villages instead of Mira Largo? He and the Republican elites that have fooled him into doing their greedy bidding, contrary to his campaign promises, could care less about Alabama or any other part of our country. They only care about their wealth down to the obsessive last penny.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:33 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,811,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
The infrastructure in all the rural states has been falling apart for decades. Currently many states have roads that are worse than in third world countries. This isn't just my opinion, I have talked to many who have recently been to poor third world and made this same comparison. One recently traveled to rural Siberia and said that.

Another reason I am against the stupid wall. Americans don't have decent roads to drive on! When are we REALLY going to put Americans first? One of my friends took a vacation in Mexico this summer and said most of the roads are better there than in rural states.
Totally agree with most of what you've said, but it's not just a problem in rural states. As (I assume) a Motown native, you must know that. I lived in Metro Detroit, so I've experienced the roads firsthand. And, no, it's not because Michigan is a winter state, as native Michiganders often insisted. I'm from a winter country, but I'd never experienced roads as poor as those in Michigan.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
This is a wet dream for conservatives. Make the US like Alabama. A third world hell hole.
Sorry, your lord and savior has been out of office now for about a year...

Old 12-10-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Oh, look! Another Trumpster who can't see the forest from the trees.
So what has happened, happened in the last year?

Where is that Forrest again?

Old 12-10-2017, 02:37 PM

What happened to the cities of the North was the auto executives were forced by the economic gods of Wall Street to favor GREED over community.

This is what forced American factories to move overseas as well. The mantra was Greed and Profit for the Sacred few and poverty for all those left behind.

The failure is that business stopped being part of communities and placed the Worship of the God of Greed above all else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies