Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 08:03 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
No surprise that Trump lied. He tells untruths all the time.
Correct:

Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact

Quote:
True (4%)(21)
Mostly True (12%)(57)
Half True (15%)(70)
Mostly False (21%)(101)
False (33%)(157)
Pants on Fire (15%)(73)

Old 12-12-2017, 08:06 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Trump has met tens of thousands of women in his lifetime. I can't remember the names of men I dated years ago if they were not important to me. Dem distraction from all their sex scandals as well as media's own sex scandals, most of which come from the Left.

Click bait instead of real news these days. Sad.

Old 12-12-2017, 08:27 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,509,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Supposedly feminists say they are strong and talented and deserve anything they want but yet if a man grabs their arm, asks for their phone number and talks dirty they are traumatized for life. Helpless a little kittens. Which is it, girls?
The only group trying to bring women down consistently in every way is Breitbart. It's part of their disinformation campaign. Women are neither stupid nor "helpless". They are putting out trash all over the net to say women are both. Some of the weird threads/posts here are clearly part of their M.O.

Example of Breitbart garbage. They have been putting this out regularly for two years:

We’re constantly told that sexism and stereotypes are what hold women back in maths, engineering and tech. But it’s a lie. The real reason there aren’t more female astrophysicists is that the number of really, really smart girls is minuscule.

The Smartest People In The World Are All Men

Debunked by this site: (this site also has writers that uses a lot of big words and cites facts so I doubt it would be of any interest to the Breitbart crowd)

Referring to a phenomenon in which a nation’s average IQ test scores have gradually increased over the years, the Flynn Effect also blows a giant hole in Yiannopoulos’ sexist conclusion. “In the last 100 years the IQ scores of both men and women have risen but women’s have risen faster,” said Flynn in an interview with Forbes Magazine.

“This is a consequence of modernity. The complexity of the modern world is making our brains adapt and raising our IQ.” He later added that the “improvement is more marked for women than for men because they were disadvantaged in the past.” In short, only does the Flynn Effect prove that IQ tests are quite subjective (otherwise their results would remain relatively constant regardless of time and location), but it specifically demonstrates that as social and educational equality begins to have its effect, the gap between men and women starts to close.

Will this silence Yiannopoulos and his fellow MRAs (such as the folks at A Voice for Men, who reposted his article) about the alleged superiority of the male gender? Probably not, but it’s a shame that for all of their talk about intelligence, they have yet to display any of that trait when trying to advance their regressive agenda.

https://goodmenproject.com/ethics-va...-science-mrzs/

Old 12-12-2017, 09:04 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Trump heard bragging he saw beauty contestants naked
https://youtu.be/tyhXSDeU_Oc

Trump "Inspected" Underage Girls In Miss Teen USA Dressing Room
https://youtu.be/AaYKn7_bFiE
There may be some legitimate accusations, I don't believe Trump is an angel. However, the beauty pageant contestants are nonsense & you do yourself a disservice trying to push this nonsense.

Ever see backstage footage of a beauty pageant or a modeling show? Make up artists, hair stylists, producers, craft services people, people all running around while women get dressed and undressed. Completely normal in the context.

The idea that Trump dehumanized them when he asked them to line up and then inspected them is the best part of all That's what a beauty pageant is. The women wanted to be lined up, inspected and then judged on how they look, or they would have joined a book club.

Old 12-12-2017, 09:53 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
this is a lie.

Republicans have been the ONLY party to oust their own who have been found to have sexually harassed or even acted immorally.

Only in the last few weeks have dems even thought to hold their own accountable. you are lying and you know you are lying when you say that republicans have a poor track record.

the TRUTH is democrats have ONLY attacked republicans and have ALWAYS shielded their own until just the last few weeks when yall got woke.

so here is the deal, we republicans will continue to handle our own business, and call YOUR side out for its hypocrisy.

and if we choose to do nothing at all, that's fine to because YALL PROTECTED A GUY THAT KILLED A GIRL.
Great, touche on the Kennedy thing. Clinton too.

So given what you've said, I expect you to put your money where your mouth is and demand, or at least welcome, investigation into Roy Moore and Donald Trump's behavior.

Bet we won't hear a peep out of you now.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:41 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
so taking the bait, I clicked the link.

you know what I found from the link? I found that you are wrong.

The link clearly indicates that Trump was talking about 3 women not pictured... the women mentioned here are different women.

do you work for CNN? If not, I would submit this thread to them. I bet they will hire you.
Just another loony thread from folks suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome. Like was the case with the Access Hollywood tape, its clear that many a leftist don't have a complete grasp of the English language.

From President Trump's tweet (and as mentioned in the OP): "women who I don't know and/or have never met."

The "and/or" is the key part of that statement. President Trump did not claim in that tweet that he never met the women accusing him of misconduct. Rather, the "and/or" slash means that he either does not know them and/or has not met them. This is not mutually exclusive, as the President could have met them in some random capacity, but doesn't have to know them. That's all his statement means. Still, I will take your analysis on the matter, too, though I didn't click through that trash link.

Old 12-12-2017, 10:43 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Probably wasn't illegal then, but does it still make it alright? Would you be okay with an older adult hitting on your teenage daughter? Hell no, you would call the cops on the creep!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Well then it never happened, Moore says so.

Like Trump?
you guy are making a lot of ASSumptions here. all i said was that moore has not been convicted of anything, and there are only allegations against him that are 40 years old, and that moore denies teh allegations.

so why are you ASSuming that i am saying something i am not?

Old 12-13-2017, 12:06 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Do you really believe a rich, successful, man who everyone in the world wants a picture with remembers every person he's been photgraphed with? This is absurd and silly.

A really duh thread.
Donald, is that you???

Old 12-13-2017, 12:26 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Has anyone mentioned that Conyers and Franken were elected by people ignorant of their sexual pasts? If voters had known, would they still have been elected?

Trump's pre-political history with women is irrelevant. Voters knew what they were getting with Trump. If he were doing what Clinton did in the White House that would be a different story.

Old 12-13-2017, 04:27 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Supposedly feminists say they are strong and talented and deserve anything they want but yet if a man grabs their arm, asks for their phone number and talks dirty they are traumatized for life. Helpless a little kittens. Which is it, girls?
Do you realize what it is you just described ,that's assault and any court would convict you! Grabbing someone's arm and talking dirty,what is wrong with you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies