Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 04:00 PM

18,566 posts, read 10,489,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
As I said, you must be very young. Baseless allegations they are not. Plenty of facts. You know what they are, you just won't admit it.

As for Condoleeza and Colin Powell (the Democrats always bring this up), they weren't transmitting classified information on their private servers. This claim that, "well they did it too," was discredited long ago. Hillary tried to excuse herself making that claim. Powell called her on it.
Powell tried to call her on it and he was reminded and then corrected himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2017, 05:05 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,023,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
As I said, you must be very young. Baseless allegations they are not. Plenty of facts. You know what they are, you just won't admit it.

As for Condoleeza and Colin Powell (the Democrats always bring this up), they weren't transmitting classified information on their private servers. This claim that, "well they did it too," was discredited long ago. Hillary tried to excuse herself making that claim. Powell called her on it.
I'm far from young and my critical thinking skills require more than a trump or Limbaugh opinion for me to accuse some one of corruption or criminal activity ,but you stick to the narrative you believe ,personally i require much more valid proof before condemning the woman.

Old 12-12-2017, 05:24 PM

18,401 posts, read 7,003,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
No, because they won't go to prison on accusations alone. Stop confusing the criminal standard with the political one.

Would you want to hire someone if you knew that 12 women were currently accusing him of sexual assault?
It depends on if I believed them or not.

And if they didn't raise the accusations about something that supposedly happened decades ago until they new I was considering hiring him..... I'd probably be a bit suspicious of their motives for waiting until that exact moment.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:30 AM

14,862 posts, read 8,484,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Not much of a defense of Trump...
Actually, there is a tape recording in the possession of attorneys, which will no doubt be released at some point soon that has an anti-Trump operative offering a woman $200,000 to claim Trump sexually assaulted her.

Obviously, there has been a well coordinated army of establishment hacks in the media, intelligence community (NSA, FBI, CIA), and politicians from both parties doing everything they can to smear Trump, and thwart his agenda ..... it’s one thing to suspect such fraud as to use paid players to falsely allege misconduct, but an entirely different ballgame when you have HARD EVIDENCE of it.

We already know that Trump and others were illegally spied on by the NSA ......from ILLEGAL surveillance to phony dossiers paid for by Clinton cronies, to paying women to make false accusations.... a disgusting display of corruption never before seen in American politics, while at the same time, the same players attacking Trump have been protecting the Clintons and their decades long criminal enterprise.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:35 AM

16,237 posts, read 5,824,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
No, I don't think this should be the new normal. What should be the new normal is women should be heard when they come out and there should investigations to see if there's any truth to the matter.

What's not normal is for these women to be called liars, shamed, threatened, fired or worse!

What's also NOT normal is for a man, who's been accused of sexual misconduct by no less than 16 women and caught bragging on radio and video about doing it, voted President!
Isn't that how the Clintons and the democrats handled it when Bill was accused?

Old 12-13-2017, 08:41 AM

33,465 posts, read 17,986,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
No, I don't think this should be the new normal. What should be the new normal is women should be heard when they come out and there should investigations to see if there's any truth to the matter.

What's not normal is for these women to be called liars, shamed, threatened, fired or worse!

What's also NOT normal is for a man, who's been accused of sexual misconduct by no less than 16 women and caught bragging on radio and video about doing it, voted President!
Many men engage in locker room talk. Get real ! How many times have I read on CD that she is hot and I would do her.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:47 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,720,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Magna Carta: an introduction

Everyone has the right to due process, to be perceived innocent until proven guilty and that there chrachter should not be stained without proper evidence and scrutiny.

These basic human rights go all the way back to Magna Carta and Habeas Corpus, and are enshrined in US Law (the Sixth Amendment to the United States Constitution) as well as the European Convention on Human Rights (Article 6) as well as national laws and Article 10 of the Universal Declaration of Human Right.

An accusation remains just that an accusation unless there is the necessary evidence to prove it beyond any reasonable doubt in a Court of Law, the threshold for Criminal cases being beyond 99% certainty.
Again, you’re confusing the criminal standard with a political one. It’s patently absurd that so many of your pretend you withhold judgment of a person unless all claims made about them are “verified by an independent tribunal” as one of my fellow posters so eloquently put it.

If your daughter told you that her cousin raped her 15 years ago, would you just be like “tough, unless it’s proven in a court of law I choose not to take you seriously. I absolutely will not form an opinion until that happens.”

I’m seriously in awe of the mental gymnastics I’ve seen displayed by those on the right. It’s like when a republican is accused you need to have every claim verified by a crime lab before letting any sort of accusation have an effect on whether you’ll vote for someone.

Spare me your phony high-minded “due process” garbage, that has nothing to do with any of this. When you’re electing someone to an important political position such as a United States Senator, it is serious business. You take into account who they are as a person. If that person is a potential pedophile, you know what? Maybe let’s hold off on electing this person whose character we’re not so sure about. I think it’s fair to take into account 12 accusations of sexual assault when evaluating someone’s character.

You can reference the Magna Carta, the Constituiton, or whatever other document you think has fancy words a justify your position, but they’re all inapposite. It’s simply high-minded rhetoric used to cloak naked partisanship.

Old 12-13-2017, 08:52 AM

79,902 posts, read 43,896,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Many men engage in locker room talk. Get real ! How many times have I read on CD that she is hot and I would do her.
One accusation against someone like that generally does not bring a person down. That episode with Trump would be minor if not for the fact that he is a jerk as a person.

Yes, most men have seen a pretty woman and made a comment. Everyone understands that. It's natural. Trump makes you believe that he is the guy that would walk up and grab someone by *****. That's not understandable or natural.

Old 12-13-2017, 03:01 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,632,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
This is now the new normal in America. If someone makes an accusation against you and does it in the public arena then you are automatically assumed guilty. Now it's up to you to prove your innocence.
Exactly. The new way to win an election is to drum up sexual harassment charges just prior to the vote. Your opponent is then consumed with efforts to prove that he is innocent.

Old 12-13-2017, 03:04 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,632,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
I’m seriously in awe of the mental gymnastics I’ve seen displayed by those on the right. It’s like when a republican is accused you need to have every claim verified by a crime lab before letting any sort of accusation have an effect on whether you’ll vote for someone.

Spare me your phony high-minded “due process” garbage, that has nothing to do with any of this. When you’re electing someone to an important political position such as a United States Senator, it is serious business. You take into account who they are as a person. If that person is a potential pedophile, you know what? Maybe let’s hold off on electing this person whose character we’re not so sure about. I think it’s fair to take into account 12 accusations of sexual assault when evaluating someone’s character.
Hmmm.... kinda like the Dems did with Clinton?????? He was accused of multiple rapes but the Dems totally ignored all of those women.

You can't have it both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies