Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 03:41 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
If moore wins it is bad for republicans to elect such a man. if moore loses it is bad for republicans to lose an important senate seat. terrible choice for republican voters in alabama.
They would still have a majority in the Senate, if he wins that majority may very well be short lived, pick your poison.

Old 12-12-2017, 03:51 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Roy Moore is a West Point graduate and an American hero.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:12 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I'm sorry but I can't grasp what you are trying to say here. Democratic support of who will be remembered in a way that will have a negative long term impact?
I wasn't clear, republic support of Moore will hurt the GOP long term.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
He was a commander for the MP's in Vietnam, never saw any action.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:20 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,622,028 times
I’m not expecting miracles from Alabama. Moore is a freaky guy.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:24 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/powerp...=.17976e21551a

Personally, I have no doubt that if Luther Strange had won the GOP primary in Alabama, we wouldn't even be talking about this election because the result would be a foregone conclusion that he'd win.

But as it stands, it seems like a "heads they win, tails we lose" situation for the GOP. They either lose the seat to a Democrat, or they get to have Roy Moore on the ticket in every race in every state in 2018. And most voters in other states aren't going to be thinking "I don't care, even if he IS a child molester, I'm not voting for a Democrat."
Luther Strange would have mopped the floor up with Moore had the poor innocent non-political lady victims opened up their pieholes a couple of months ago, huh?

Funny how timing works out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
tell that to the little girls he assaulted
The same exact little girls who would have done the same exact thing at the same exact time had Luther Strange beat he ass.

10-4 good buddy on that one.

Last edited by McGowdog; 12-12-2017 at 04:40 PM..

Old 12-12-2017, 04:34 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
tell that to the little girls he assaulted

Old 12-12-2017, 04:40 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Roy Moore will win the election in Alabama and that’s fine by me. I don’t expect different from Alabama.

What I don’t want is to have to listen to Roy Moore “preach” to the rest of the country.

Alabamians don’t like people from out of state telling them anything and I don’t want to hear anything that comes out of Alabama especially if it’s that child molester.
Word. Roy Moore is a theocrat more than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Having a Democrat in a Red State seat is losing more than unsubstantiated allegations against a Senator. I do agree he should sit down, shut up and vote for party lines.

I predict in 30 days Dems will have fabricated new "crisis" and Moore will be very old news. May even be more Frankens / Dems accused of harassment which will be the flavor of the day.

In 8 months people will be saying "Moore who?"
Moore will be old news only if he loses. If Moore wins - the Dems will bring up his name every chance they get.

Quote:
Bannon is intent on destroying the Republican party. He believes he can resurrect it from the ashes and elevate himself.

but looking at him he will likley die of liver failure before then.
Gawd, did you see him at that latest rally? He looks like his 'check liver' light is on again and he hasn't showered in a week or three. There is just no excuse for looking that unkempt.

Quote:
lol, the AL Black vote goes to jones hands down. If they show up jones has a real shot, it would be a massive massive upset.
If every black person in Alabama voted - Moore would still need white voters to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
If moore wins it is bad for republicans to elect such a man. if moore loses it is bad for republicans to lose an important senate seat. terrible choice for republican voters in alabama.
I agree and that is why I wonder they voted for ROY MOORE in the primary??? Why? He was a horrible candidate even without the pervert baggage.

Old 12-12-2017, 04:43 PM

272 posts, read 134,516 times
This article by the washington post is just terrible and why people have lost faith in the media to even be intelligent and perceptive about politics.

This isnt about the republican party , its about the growing power of steve bannon!!!

He wants to destroy the establishment republican party!!

Democrats are not pouring money into Alabama because they think roy moore is going to damage the republican party. This election tonight could determine the supreme court for a decade

Old 12-12-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
This article by the washington post is just terrible and why people have lost faith in the media to even be intelligent and perceptive about politics.

This isnt about the republican party , its about the growing power of steve bannon!!!

He wants to destroy the establishment republican party!!

Democrats are not pouring money into Alabama because they think roy moore is going to damage the republican party. This election tonight could determine the supreme court for a decade
No only the right wing and Trump lost faith in the media, it’s not going anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies