Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 04:55 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Absolutely correct. The Republicans have always been the Republicans, but this new strain , who call themselves Republicans, are a Hybrid. Just like Trump is not a true Republican, he is a Trumpian. Has his own values, beliefs, and agenda.

The GOP knows he is not truly one of them, that is why they are not 100% in bed with all of his ideas. (Well, that, and the fact they know he is a loose cannon and dumb as a rock.)
It might be noted that he won because he was not one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 05:09 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Both parties need to die.

Trump may take this country in a new direction, and that's a good thing.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:11 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It might be noted that he won because he was not one of them.

Yes, absolutely correct. He found a big enough segment of our population who were so frustrated by established politics that they would have chosen anyone who was "different". Trump fit that description and milked it perfectly.

A couple of days ago, I had a Canadian couple at work, and posed the same question I always ask foreign visitors..........."So, what do you think of our President". To my surprise, the husband said "We like him !" They went on to say they don't like their own Canadian leader because he is "too nice", and they disliked Obama for the same reason, he too was "too nice".

Donald Trump came along, was rude, crude, and arrogant, and people saw that as strength, somehow. He "says what he thinks", and insults the people his voters would love to personally insult. So, you are right............Trump was a perfect fit for the mood of a lot of disenchanted voters.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:17 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
The mainstream republicans tonight basically showed with all the write in votes and anti moore campaigning ( not to mention anti mo brooks by mcconnell and establishment), they would rather a democrat wins an election to senate than mainstream Republicans lose power.

We gave you the greatest Republican victory in 100 years and what do we have to show for it? A year of cowardice and doing absolutely nothing outside of the Presidents victories, now thanks to your treachery we have another vote for the democrats in the senate and alot more power for the Dems. Two more seats for dems will be enough to block any Conservative court nominee

A Republican senate with power to confirm nominees with 51 votes in the senate just got alot harder, and it wouldnt surprise me if these mainstream republican idiots screw up 2018.

Well done you mainstream Republican pieces of ****, whats the excuse going to be in 2018 for your failures? 2016 was a once in a lifetime victory.
It is the timid mouse Republican establishment that are giving the vote to the Dems. We the people have seen it for years. President Trump is no coward. We voted for a fighter for the AMEEICAN people. Trump is still fighting with all he has. 2018 many more Dem seats are up for election. The establishment better grow a backbone and take a page out of President Trump's playbook or they will lose seats.

Last edited by Taratova; 12-14-2017 at 05:32 AM..

Old 12-14-2017, 05:17 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Since they ALL[/b] sat on their butts and allowed that MADMAN in the White House to Diss everything American and daily attack our Press,and break our laws, I believe it's been proven that the GOP has become totally corrupt, and ANTI-AMERICAN! GOOD RIDDANCE!
So it is "our press" !!!

I'll give ya that for sure.

Dishonest and just as corrupt as the democrat party willing to support and celebrate corruption.

Old 12-14-2017, 10:51 AM

272 posts, read 134,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Absolutely correct. The Republicans have always been the Republicans, but this new strain , who call themselves Republicans, are a Hybrid. Just like Trump is not a true Republican, he is a Trumpian. Has his own values, beliefs, and agenda.

The GOP knows he is not truly one of them, that is why they are not 100% in bed with all of his ideas. (Well, that, and the fact they know he is a loose cannon and dumb as a rock.)
Reagan democrats was the beginning. Pat buchanan recognized it, its shame the reform party imploded.

I voted for trump but I could care less about the republican party. They are as big a bunch of sissies and weak do nothings as the democrats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies