Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 09:02 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times

Advertisements

[quote=Mr. Joshua;50408116]

Do you know what "and they let me" means? Or are you daft]

See where trump said " I moved on her like a B? That right there is enough to make anyone doubt that they let him.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:09 AM

14,482 posts, read 11,280,665 times
[quote=reed067;50413129]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post

Do you know what "and they let me" means? Or are you daft]

See where trump said " I moved on her like a B? That right there is enough to make anyone doubt that they let him.
I don't know. What does "B" stand for?

Old 12-17-2017, 01:56 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
This country was not founded on feelings, emotions, or senses of outrage. Only the rule of law. Take him to court. Hold him and the accusers accountable. I have no problem with that.

Nor should any thinking citizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Ah, I see. So the fact that Trump absolutely refuses to acknowledge these many, many women who all tell similar stories about how he assaulted them means he should simply get a free pass? Only the men who come clean and attempt to do the right thing should be punished? You sound like a good little cultist, who knows his master will never, ever do the right thing so in your mind that means he's free and clear.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:34 AM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...-resign-300843

Franken urged to reverse his resignation
The demands from Democrats that he step down were 'the most hypocritical thing I’ve ever seen done to a human being,' Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) says.

Note, the new calls for Franken to not step down come from Dem senators who previously called for him to step down.

As I wrote in this thread in the past, I'll believe Franken is resigning when he actually does so.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:03 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,007,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

The demands from Democrats that he step down were 'the most hypocritical thing I’ve ever seen done to a human being,' Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) says.

Note, the new calls for Franken to not step down come from Dem senators who previously called for him to step down.

As I wrote in this thread in the past, I'll believe Franken is resigning when he actually does so.
That is probably a wise position to take.

It does make one wonder if the Democratic Senators called for Mr. Franken to resign, on the presumption that Roy Moore would be elected? If Mr. Moore had prevailed, perhaps they would then say "Well, looks like people do not care about such allegations', and so reverse their call for Franken's resignation.

Yet, Mr. Moore did not prevail. In the words of the former Governor of Texas: "Oops".

I suppose that "plan B" is to become outraged over the lack of investigation into Mr. Trump's past peccadilloes, and so call on Mr. Franken to reverse his announcement.

I say, as I said before: Mr. Franken should immediately resign, then let him run for that seat again, if he desires.

Yet, I can understand (as explained previously) the rationale in his not resigning immediately, from a political viewpoint, since Mitch McConnell would come up with a way to delay the swearing in of Ms. Smith (obviously, I mean prior to the Tax Reform vote).

One way: the Vice President is to swear in new Senators. If the VP is not present (like, if he is in the Middle East), then the VP is to appoint a designee to do the ceremony.

So! Ms. Smith shows up on the Senate floor to be sworn in. "Goodness", Mr. McConnell would exclaim, "Mr. Pence is out of town, and he neglected to appoint someone in his place to swear this young lady in! Sorry, Ms. Smith, but not doubt you will be sworn in 'in the near future'."

Old 12-18-2017, 09:06 AM

37,801 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
"Minnesota’s governor will appoint Democratic Lieutenant Governor Tina Smith as U.S. senator to replace Al Franken, who resigned after being accused of sexual harassment, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported on Wednesday."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1E71TL

Minnesota will now have two women Senators.

So happy to see another woman in the Senate. I believe we are in the dawning of the the era of women. It's been a long time coming.
She's just trying to get away from the Somalian terrorists.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:24 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

Will be interesting to see what happens. Are Dems actually bothered by a serial sexual harasser being a sitting senator for their party? Or was all the Franken "outrage" a big show to allow them to pretend to take the moral high ground and sink Moore? My money is on the second, but hopefully am wrong. All this trash, from both parties, needs to go. Assuming that the claims are true and that there is evidence.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:49 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Will be interesting to see what happens. Are Dems actually bothered by a serial sexual harasser being a sitting senator for their party? Or was all the Franken "outrage" a big show to allow them to pretend to take the moral high ground and sink Moore? My money is on the second, but hopefully am wrong. All this trash, from both parties, needs to go. Assuming that the claims are true and that there is evidence.
Looking like it was all faux outrage by the Democrats as usual. Check it out:

Quote:
Over the weekend, it seems that some Democrats in the upper chamber have had second thoughts about calling for Al Franken’s resignation in the wake of sexual assault allegations made against him. Too little, too late? Or could Franken actually use this as an opportunity to at least “postpone” his departure and give the Ethics Committee another shot at his case as he’d originally intended? That might depend on how influential his colleagues are, now that they’re suggesting there’s a path to redemption which allows him to keep his job.
Link:

https://hotair.com/archives/2017/12/...-franken-stay/

Democrats are the party of slavery, abusing women, sexual harassment, hypocrisy and lying. Lovely people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies