Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2017, 10:57 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
When it's a sin to look at another human being of the opposite sex and be attracted to him/her, my answer to your question would be that we are living in a very sh**** era. Thank god for the gift of vivid imagination; with that, I can live in any era I like and tell an imaginary someone they look nice today without being threatened by court action.
Exactly.

I volunteer at a VA hospital. I told the older veterans, "You look very handsome Mr. so and so." or "you still got it. If I am your age, I'd ask you out." It makes them very happy. Sometimes, a compliment is just a compliment. I'd say this though, If I were a man, I would not have made such comments if the older veterans were women.

Only a fool, or a very insecure person, or a person who has never been hitted on by somebody, or a person who is fishing for complimoent would believe, "Lily, you look nice today" = I want to be in bed with you. lol

Old 12-14-2017, 10:59 AM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
No I stay very far far away from American women or at least the very liberal unbalanced ones today because I don't want to be accused of anything. hugs and handshakes are now gone. fist bump is the only think I do for anyone. You can thank American Feminism for that.
I don't touch or look (as in face-to-face conversation) at anyone anymore. Nor do I take conversation to more than a casual, factual level--NEVER personal. It's not worth the risk. I'm waiting for the Japanese to develop robotics and AI to a more convincing level. I'll be the first customer.

Old 12-14-2017, 11:00 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Some men can, some men cannot.

I personally don't know any men who cannot control themselves.

To what extent? Can I think about it? Can I mumble to myself? Can I whistle? Can I say you look hot today? How about just saying good morning, in an exaggerated way, while looking at your enormous cleavage?

How did you get asked out on a date? If he controlled his desires to bath in your essence?

Old 12-14-2017, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
To what extent? Can I think about it? Can I mumble to myself? Can I whistle? Can I say you look hot today? How about just saying good morning, in an exaggerated way, while looking at your enormous cleavage?

How did you get asked out on a date? If he controlled his desires to bath in your essence?
You can do all the above.

In my opinion, the best approach is to simply introducing yourself, if the woman is a total stranger.

"You are very pretty, my name is Jason, I am wondering if I can take you out sometimes." That will do.

I've dated a Marine who whistled at me. He turned out to be one of the most genuine, giving, kind, loyal man I've ever met. I am not ashamed to admit, "He had me at hello" Of course, he is super hot, that helps a lot

Old 12-14-2017, 11:06 AM

25,721 posts, read 18,797,332 times
Quote:
Exactly.

I volunteer at a VA hospital. I told the older veterans, "You look very handsome Mr. so and so." or "you still got it. If I am your age, I'd ask you out." It makes them very happy. Sometimes, a compliment is just a compliment. I'd say this though, If I were a man, I would not have made such comments if the older veterans were women.

Only a fool, or a very insecure person, or a person who has never been hitted on by somebody, or a person who is fishing for complimoent would believe, "Lily, you look nice today" = I want to be in bed with you. lol
Yep. Sadly, the "era of warmth" (and I'm NOT talking about jumping into bed warmth) is gone. People nowadays are as cold as ice. I can at least be thankful that my younger years were spent during a time that I could be attracted to a woman and actually give her indication that I was in any one of my silly little ways at the time, and if she were interested in me the same way, she would return those indications (not call a lawyer). And that if she were not interested in me, we would simply move on. Believe it or not folks, if someone gives you a hint that they are attracted to you, it is not a demand that you go to bed with them. At least it never was with me. I've been married twice. I've "been in bed" with exactly two women--those two. Point being (at least for me and MANY men out there) that initial attraction is not an attempt at rape or an attempt to demean or enslave you.

Old 12-14-2017, 11:07 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
I don't think the bold means

"women have no competence and success of their own to delight in."

When a man is successful, he has earned himself respect and a woman, who expects or doesn't expect luxuries from her man (Coz most 21st century women are able to afford their own luxuries), it feels amazing to be with a person who is able to achieve his own goals.

This doesn't mean that only successful men deserve the respect.

Why would anyone prefer someone successful, because they are good at what they do. 95% of it isn't that they are successful though, it is that they are driven towards a goal and won't stop until they are successful.

For example, I am financially successful enough to take care of myself. I still prefer a guy who has his own career goal and is driven enough to accomplish that goal. How much he makes is irrelevant. As long as he is comfortable with his income level, and is moving toward his career goal, I consider him a successful man.
Not true in all cases depending on how he got there. If he steps on people and do dirty dealing on his way to the top, not everyone is going to respect that no matter how successful he is. Trump is a good example of that.

Old 12-14-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yep. Sadly, the "era of warmth" (and I'm NOT talking about jumping into bed warmth) is gone. People nowadays are as cold as ice. I can at least be thankful that my younger years were spent during a time that I could be attracted to a woman and actually give her indication that I was in any one of my silly little ways at the time, and if she were interested in me the same way, she would return those indications (not call a lawyer). And that if she were not interested in me, we would simply move on. Believe it or not folks, if someone gives you a hint that they are attracted to you, it is not a demand that you go to bed with them. At least it never was with me. I've been married twice. I've "been in bed" with exactly two women--those two. Point being (at least for me and MANY men out there) that initial attraction is not an attempt at rape or an attempt to demean or enslave you.
Yes I agree.

Old 12-14-2017, 11:11 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
History likes the patriarchy, if you really want me to refer to it.
I'm sure it was a woman, that cleaned your sewage drain, and fixed the roof leak for you..... Yes, you need a man.
We have women roofers and plumbers, no women don’t need a man to love her life, sorry to burst your man bubble

Old 12-14-2017, 11:12 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
I've been married for 25 years now. How we have stayed together so long?
We put a dollar in the jar every time we have sex. With the understanding come Christmas, that is what I spend on her Christmas present. Works well.
How romantic, perhaps with a better mindset on your wife, women and romance your bow wouldn’t be bent

Old 12-14-2017, 11:12 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Quote:
I am a beach girl and always wear bikini on the beach. Some people call that slutty. So I don't know.
I've solved your problem! You're welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies