Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 05:37 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
What is even more frightening is people like you who think a policeman should stand there and allow someone to kill them. It is called self defense and they are allowed to defend themselves. Maybe you should train the crooks to stop using police as a target in their target practice.
Your view and reality are so far apart that one might question if you are sane.

Unfortunately, this is cop group think, that everyone is out to get them and that everyone wants them dead, therefore it's us against everyone else and F them.

This is dangerous, delusional thinking and it should be rooted out of police forces. Unfortunately, it is the majority opinion within them and is largely to blame for deaths like Shavers.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:39 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I think, in the past juries did not want to accuse police of being negligent, irresponsible or responsible for death because it somehow meant an indictment of all officers. So people were willing to turn a blind eye to many of the killings that were not necessary or excessive force. Those victims were the sacrifice to protect the integrity of all officers and in most cases were minorities, lower income folks, 'not the best of society'.

I think that practice has done a disservice to all officers who have integrity, who act responsibly.
I completely agree. I get accused of being anti-cop when I am not anything of the sort. I am anti-bad cop. The bad ones make them all look bad because of it being so hard for some reason to come out and condemn the bad ones and they all are not bad.

We are slowly seeing progress.

Searching for a 40 year old white female but they handcuff and place in the cruiser a scared to death 11 year old black girl.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b078950283d6bc

They say that they wanted to make sure no one was armed. Fine, you can search her (with consent) without cuffing her and placing her in the back of the cruiser. This has to stop.

My daughter would have acted the same and my response would have got me arrested.

Old 12-14-2017, 05:53 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Why do police keep getting off when it comes to killing people?
Because it is politically incorrect to question the police, or any other men in uniform.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:09 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Because it is politically incorrect to question the police, or any other men in uniform.

Obedience to traditional authority figures has nothing to do with "political correctness".

It's seems like consumers of right wing media need to put everything they dislike into a little box so that it doesn't hurt their brains trying to figure out something that is more than black and white.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:14 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
Why do cops continue to keep getting away with killing people under very dubious circumstances at best, and straight-up murder at worst? Even if they manage to go to trial it seems there is a 95% chance he'll be considered not guilty. Everyone from the judge to the jury give cops FAR more of a benefit of the doubt than they deserve and act as if convicting a cop is tantamount to convicting Jesus Christ himself of a crime even when there is clear evidence the cop was fully in the wrong.

Even in the topic dealing with the death of Daniel Shaver where it's clear as day the cops were bloodthirsty sociopaths none were convicted of any crime. Even the judge himself refused to allow a very important piece of evidence of the shooter having a "YOU'RE ****ED" on his own personal weapon. Are the judges/juries involved somehow pressured/bribed into getting a cop off? It's just crazy how cops can use the "I feared for my life" as an excuse to murder people. Hell, even had Daniel Shaver not been an adult male but a 12 year old girl I bet they would've still gotten off saying something like "It looked like she was pulling a gun from her panties". I dare you to disagree.
it the message on his personal weapon really important to the case?

I mean, if anyone watched that video and thought it was by the book they damn sure wouldn't change their mind after seeing 2 words on the gun.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:16 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
and you se what happens when a cop wants to testify against bad cops.. they end up killed by their own weapon while their partner runs across the street to hide.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Obedience to traditional authority figures has nothing to do with "political correctness".
When their actions are defended no matter what, even when the actions are criminal, it boils down to trying to be politically correct and show support no matter what. I support the cops, but if they break the rules, the book needs to be thrown at them just like everyone else.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:20 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Here in Toronto Canada the Sami Yatim story played out late at night on a deserted Toronto streetcar, troubled young man armed only with a pocket knife and in need of some counselling was surrounded by cops,one of whom decided to put 9 bullets into the kid, the cop was later charged with murder and was sentenced to 6 years . Heres the chilling video of the incident =

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lG6OTyjzAgg

Old 12-14-2017, 07:22 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Part of it is that the civilian that gets shot faces the situation that goes downhill once in a lifetime, literally. The policeman faces it several times a day. If they walk away, then who will enforce the laws and protect your sad butt? The courts have to give them the margin of doubt.
One of my pastimes is YT videos about bullies in cars. Imagine if all of these offensive people were armed and you as a policeman was there to defuse the situation? The officer has no idea what they are walking into.
This is why I believe in carrying. A person, cop or not, should be allowed to defend themselves.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:25 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Your view and reality are so far apart that one might question if you are sane.

Unfortunately, this is cop group think, that everyone is out to get them and that everyone wants them dead, therefore it's us against everyone else and F them.

This is dangerous, delusional thinking and it should be rooted out of police forces. Unfortunately, it is the majority opinion within them and is largely to blame for deaths like Shavers.
Yet anti-gunners think all society should have to protect them are the cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies