Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 08:05 AM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Clearly you should spend more time parsing than typing.
I don't blame the folks getting the big breaks, hell i get 5 digits and that is before reorg to take advantage of the new rates.

this bill shifts the tax burden away from the wealthy and direct onto the shoulders of the middle class and poor.

who do you think is going to carry this burden pedro? Revenues will be gutted much much worse than Ryan is telling you. They are using the exist filing data even though they know damn well anyone with unearned income / non salary will figure out how to get a taste of these new rates..
I know i will do very well indeed and we are likely to reorg to get these new rates...

Why you feel the need to defend something that hurts your neighbors is beyond me, i guess you feel some sort of loyalty to a NY coastal elite billionaire who sits on gilded chairs...
Your post is full of hypocrisy. If 'not hurting your neighbors (as you see it)' was truly as important to you as you want people to think it is, you wouldn't admittedly be trying to pay less in taxes as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 08:16 AM

33,313 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
The Children’s Health Insurance (CHIP) program is being cut or outright abolished in many, many states - including my own home state of Colorado. This highly popular program on both sides of the aisle is the main way (if not the only way) that children from working class and lower middle class families are able to obtain medical care. Rather than vote for the funding to continue the program, the republican controlled congress is deliberately leaving it to die a slow (and carefully obscure) demise in some broom closet in the basement of a congressional office building in DC. The children who qualify for CHIP are often stuck in a difficult situation - their parents make too much money to qualify for Medicaid, yet not enough to be able to afford private insurance.

I have a friend with an adorable 7-year-old daughter who has lost her medical coverage under CHIP, and her Mom is frantically searching for alternatives that apparently don't exist. What kind of low life scum would deny that innocent child medical care? What kind of low life scum would deny some of America's neediest children access to things like vaccinations or critical care due to an accident or catastrophic sickness?

The members of the republican party - that's who. A society is judged by the way it treats its most vulnerable members. Our children are our country's hope for a better future. They should be valued and cherished. Instead, they are being cast aside in favor of tax breaks for bloated corporations and billionaires.

What is the upper 1% going to do for the future of our country? I'll tell you what. Stash their billions in even more secret offshore tax havens than before this tax “reform” and make all the use they can of the new loopholes written especially for them. It’s down there in the fine print with only the financial servants of individuals like the Koch bros and Donald Trump to notice - and take gleeful advantage of these new methods of tax evasion.

The upper one percent can never have enough money or enough off shore accounts to satisfy them. If the nation’s children must go without health insurance as a result, Rex Tillerson and Trump couldn’t care less.

I would be less than honest if I didn't admit that things such as this sometimes make me really hate my country – or more correctly – my country’s government made up of greedy billionaires and outright thieves.

A few sample articles about this outrageous situation from across the web:

Tribune Editorial: Sen. Hatch needs to get CHIP funded - The Salt Lake Tribune

Congress should fully fund CHIP insurance for kids this year | The Kansas City Star

Slowik: Millions of children could lose health insurance if Congress doesn't fund CHIP. Does the GOP care? - Daily Southtown

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...rage.html?_r=0
Re the bolded....Why? Does the 7 year old have a chronic condition that needs constant attention?

Old 12-15-2017, 08:20 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueller Time View Post
Says the GOP hack. Wealth inequality has skyrocketed since Republicans unleashed trickle-down economics on the American people. Keep defending it, sucker.
wrong...

wealth 'inequality' has risen in every first nation country...has zero to do with republican policies

Old 12-15-2017, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Hatch needs to retire. He is operating on fumes. He is 83 y/o, been a Senator for 40 years, and said tonight on Bret Baier he'll probably be running again in 2018. I couldn't believe it. He has a hard time talking the last couple of times I've seen him. Ridiculous. It's time for him to go.
I agree, he needs to retire....really think they should put an age limit for politicians.... at like 70

Old 12-15-2017, 08:24 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Kids are short. They don’t have to pull the bootstraps up that far.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:26 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
What happened to all the billions in marijuana taxes? What kind of heartless people would raise billions in taxes from recreationally smoking federally illegally drugs and then let an adorable child suffer without medical care?

Talk about some low life people. Sad. Heartless. No compassion.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You are sure about a lot of things, but you couldnt be more wrong. You shouldnt get a tax break, I shouldnt get a tax break, the rich shouldnt get a tax break.

Do you or do you not support children getting the health care they need? Its a simple question which for people with a conscience should be easy to answer.
isn't that what the ACA was supposed to fix.... even for 'kids' up to 26

Old 12-15-2017, 08:29 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mueller Time View Post
Says the GOP hack. Wealth inequality has skyrocketed since Republicans unleashed trickle-down economics on the American people. Keep defending it, sucker.
They will defend it because a few of them are well off but the majority think one day they will be part of the .01%.

These folks think roads magically pave themselves and schools are evil places where people go to get indoctrinated with liberal ideas.

Half of them had no idea the ACA was Obamacare. I’ll give the GOP credit. They sure know how to rebrand things to make folks hate services they need.

The way the made folks hate “Entitlements” was genius.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:53 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
isn't that what the ACA was supposed to fix.... even for 'kids' up to 26
Are you able to answer, without evoking Obama or something else? Do you or do you not think sick children should get the health care they need? Yes or no?

Old 12-15-2017, 09:19 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
The US Healthcare System is ranked # 47, right after Iran.

Healthcare is rationed everywhere. In the US, we do it by income.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies