Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 09:37 AM

8,390 posts, read 7,646,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
At least the guy is pro law enforcement unlike the last eight years.
How is the President "pro law enforcement" when he says stuff like this:

Tainted (no, very dishonest?) FBI “agent’s role in Clinton probe under review.”

After years of Comey, with the phony and dishonest Clinton investigation (and more), running the FBI, its reputation is in Tatters - worst in History!

Or tries to discredit Mueller, who served with distinction as FBI head for longer than any other FBI director, because he doesn't like the way his investigation is going?

If the President was TRULY pro-law enforcement, he'd be saying, "I totally support Mueller, the FBI, and the Department of Justice in their investigation into foreign government interference in our elections. We MUST get to the truth, regardless of where the chips fall."

By the way, I come from a family with a long law enforcement history. I have two cousins who are police officers. I also had two uncles who were police officers, and a third who actually was an FBI agent. My husband's grandfather was in the secret service. My father, my husband, and my father in law all served in the military (husband and father in law were career military).

So, I know what it means to have respect for law enforcement. Branding the entire FBI as corrupt with one fell swoop is not respect for law enforcement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 09:52 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
How is the President "pro law enforcement" when he says stuff like this:

Tainted (no, very dishonest?) FBI “agent’s role in Clinton probe under review.”

After years of Comey, with the phony and dishonest Clinton investigation (and more), running the FBI, its reputation is in Tatters - worst in History!

Or tries to discredit Mueller, who served with distinction as FBI head for longer than any other FBI director, because he doesn't like the way his investigation is going?

If he was TRULY pro-law enforcement, he'd be saying, "I totally support Mueller, the FBI, and the Department of Justice in their investigation into foreign government interference in our elections. We MUST get to the truth, regardless of where the chips fall."

By the way, I come from a family with a long history of being in law enforcement. I have two cousins who are police officers. I also had two uncles who were police officers, and a third who actually was an FBI agent. My husband's grandfather was in the secret service.

So, I know what it means to have respect for law enforcement. Calling them all corrupt with one fell swoop is not respect for law enforcement.
Weeding out the bad apples is pro law enforcement.
Identifying problems and taking action to correct them is important too. We all have seen situations where changes in personal and policy can improved. Even Mueller made changes but his error was hiding it. Cover-ups are a particular concern when there is no outside agency looking into or doing oversight on law enforcement.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:31 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Weeding out the bad apples is pro law enforcement.
This is very ironic for you to claim since convicting cops who murder and advocating reforms of police department training and oversight seems to be regarded as anti-law enforcement by your crowd.

Old 12-19-2017, 07:51 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Press. Trump will be speaking at the FBI Academy today. Considering recent comments on the FBI this should be interesting.
A.G. Sessions also in attendance.

President Trump will visit the FBI National Academy on Friday amid heightened tensions with the bureau whose reputation he recently described as "in tatters," and its standing as the "worst in history."

President Trump to visit FBI National Academy following comments that bureau is in 'tatters' - ABC News
He should tell them all their bosses are fired for colluding with the Dems & Russians to prevent his election.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:03 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
This is very ironic for you to claim since convicting cops who murder and advocating reforms of police department training and oversight seems to be regarded as anti-law enforcement by your crowd.
Liberal or communist reforms are anti-law enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies