Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 03:27 PM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What's wrong with "objectified eye candy"?

Tell you what.......what don't you ask the girls what they think of it?

If they have no problems being "objectified"....

Who is anyone to tell them they can't?
^^^^^^^This. Men are exploited by women for their wealth, and power all the time. Nobody is forcing these girls to be grid girls. They are getting paid to do a job, and mostly that job is to look good.

Old 12-15-2017, 03:28 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuMart View Post
F1 'grid girls' under 'strong review' - how did you vote? - BBC Sport

I personally find it weird that this practice is still continued. We have these women whose sole purpose is to be objectified eye-candy standing around with leering cameramen around them. We also have to consider the message it sends when in a motorsport environment, most of the men are drivers, engineers, and team principals and the women are portrayed only as a pretty face. The sport is trying to attract more participation from females and I don't think practices like using "grid girls" is helpful in that endeavour.

Claire Williams and departed Sauber team principle Monisha Kaltenborn say otherwise.

Old 12-15-2017, 03:46 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:

I personally find it weird that this practice is still continued. We have these women whose sole purpose is to be objectified eye-candy standing around with leering cameramen around them. We also have to consider the message it sends when in a motorsport environment, most of the men are drivers, engineers, and team principals and the women are portrayed only as a pretty face. The sport is trying to attract more participation from females and I don't think practices like using "grid girls" is helpful in that endeavour.
Grid girls, just like ring girls, are part of the attraction.

If you are offended by seeing attractive women without much clothing, tune out.

My DNA causes a chemical reaction causing me to be happy and energized when observing such sights.
For you, maybe cheesecake works.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:01 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,961,718 times
I was a SEMA " booth girl" at 18 and 19. It was fun and I got to meet a lot of interesting people. At 18 and 19 it was kind of like being a rockstar for a few days. Lol
No regrets!

Old 12-15-2017, 04:03 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Private businesses and their consensual agreements with employees are and always be a changing game.

Do as you wish, plan accordingly, respect the NAP, live and let live.
Yep. Remember, if a private business decides to deny a wedding cake to gays, they are heroes to the far-right. But if they decide to stop treating women like sex objects, they are villains to the far-right. Hypocrisy for the loss!

Old 12-15-2017, 04:23 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,303,369 times
F1 Grid Girls add value to the racing experience.

Old 12-15-2017, 04:29 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:

You inhabit a bizarre world. Beauty is a wondrous thing, and for you to play it down is a shame.

Hot women are always appreciated whether motorsports, football, or boating.

Glad I don't have to abide by your social rules. J

Old 12-15-2017, 04:32 PM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
Quote:

I think most women are mature enough to know that there is nothing wrong with a person being objectified.
Being a grid girl or cheerleader or model is just a job, and doesn't send a negative message at all.
Making money via physical appearance is nothing new, and nothing wrong.

Old 12-15-2017, 05:29 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Yep. Remember, if a private business decides to deny a wedding cake to gays, they are heroes to the far-right. But if they decide to stop treating women like sex objects, they are villains to the far-right. Hypocrisy for the loss!
The baker should be able to deny the gay couple a cake. The racing outfit can hire who it wants to do what it wants.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:08 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:

I like to objectify other men's daughters, grid girls makes it easy and fun!

I wish we had them at my job at the aluminum foundry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies