Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 05:43 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,110,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Shocking to see that my kids names are used for over 27 times!!!! They are not very common names but someone could have a similar name of course but my kids never would have written any of the comments. Btw my kids are very happy with Trumps decision and would never have commented this way!
If you click on each instance, an address is listed and you can see if it is your kidlets or someone else.

Old 12-15-2017, 07:19 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,506,442 times
Great Job OP putting all that info together. Really helpful. It's concerning that they were aware of complaints of false signatures, refused to cooperate with an investigation and passed it anyway.

Also mentioned here was Russian bots. Saw this today too. This web traffic event happened this week.

Internet traffic redirected through Russia in 'suspicious' event

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/tech-a...#ixzz51NzjmOxN

Old 12-15-2017, 07:26 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,434,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Must be dem Russians again?
Ha ha Very funny.

Old 12-15-2017, 07:26 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,902,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Great Job OP putting all that info together. Really helpful. It's concerning that they were aware of complaints of false signatures, refused to cooperate with an investigation and passed it anyway.

Also mentioned here was Russian bots. Saw this today too. This web traffic event happened this week.

Internet traffic redirected through Russia in 'suspicious' event

Read more: Internet traffic redirected through Russia in 'suspicious' event
Super weird...
Quote:
During two brief windows on Tuesday, Internet traffic flowing to companies including Apple, Facebook, Google and Microsoft was rerouted to pass through an unknown ISP in Russia. The activity began at 04:43 UTC and lasted for about three minutes. A few hours later, at 07:07 UTC, the activity resumed for another three minute period.
Quote:
Beyond the targeting of some of the world's top Internet companies, the rerouted traffic was split into smaller blocks than is normally requested by the providers. This suggests the rerouting was a deliberate act with the aim of passing large amounts of web traffic through Russia.
Quote:
It woke on one other occasion this year, participating in another sequence of strange BGP events that were similar to this week's rerouting. During April, traffic to several major Internet companies and financial services – including Visa, MasterCard and Google – was briefly redirected through a Russian ISP.

Between that and all of the strangeness of Russia's connections to pro-FCC repeal comments, the coincidences are odd.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:17 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,506,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Super weird...
Between that and all of the strangeness of Russia's connections to pro-FCC repeal comments, the coincidences are odd.
I agree. Also, I had to do a C-D search on Kaspersky to see if this was mentioned. Posters have started threads with suspicions at end of Nov but no threads that I saw mentioning a ban unless someone posted within a thread.

Trump signed an order Tuesday of this week to ban Kaspersky for federal use. The administration must know something is up too.

President Donald Trump signed into law on Tuesday legislation that bans the use of Kaspersky Lab within the U.S. government, capping a months-long effort to purge the Moscow-based antivirus firm from federal agencies amid concerns it was vulnerable to Kremlin influence.

Donald Trump: Kaspersky Software Is Now Banned in Federal Government | Fortune

Old 12-15-2017, 08:46 PM

26,754 posts, read 22,510,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Ha ha Very funny.
Well yeah...
I was skeptical, initially.
Because from what I saw on Russian sites ( the official position of the director of Association of Electronic Communications of Russia including) - their reaction to the loss of net neutrality in the US is negative.
They see it as alarming trend that other countries could follow...

Old 12-15-2017, 08:56 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,216,138 times
Thanks for starting this thread, OP! I know we talked about this earlier, great job getting it all together in one place. I hope it stays here and not merged into another thread.

Old 12-16-2017, 06:49 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,829,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Shocking to see that my kids names are used for over 27 times!!!! They are not very common names but someone could have a similar name of course but my kids never would have written any of the comments. Btw my kids are very happy with Trumps decision and would never have commented this way!
MMM and just think, you been in here pushing the same fake and false talking points about NN as the people who stole your kids identity. Hell, you probably got brainwashed that way in the first place from the same group. Great job.

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 12-16-2017 at 07:03 AM..

Old 12-16-2017, 06:55 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,072,897 times
This is probably just the tip of the iceberg. I imagine most "public feedback comments" from government hearings are rife with these types of comments to sway decisions.

Old 12-16-2017, 11:51 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,216,138 times
The FCC Is Blocking a Law Enforcement Investigation Into Net Neutrality Comment Fraud

"We all have a powerful reason to hold accountable those who would steal Americans’ identities and assault the public’s right to be heard in government rulemaking"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.