Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 11:07 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,145,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Honestly, I worry about the ones who will lose their health insurance. I'm just not that selfish to think about my gain.
How many of these people are you going to buy health insurance for using your tax savings?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2017, 11:08 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
How many of these people are you going to buy health insurance for using your tax savings?
Calculator shows I get nothing...nada.....you are the one getting the BIG bucks.....well so says a guy who works for Fox News & John Stossel -- LOLOLOLOL.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Lott -- a conservative reporter. I wonder if he is biased?
Quote:
Calculator shows I get nothing...nada.....you are the one getting the BIG bucks.....well so says a guy who works for Fox News & John Stossel -- LOLOLOLOL.

Which one of the line items in the report do you think was calculated incorrectly? Please point out which calculations had conservative bias applied to them.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:18 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
When people don't have health insurance, we all pay for them. So get used to paying more for your insurance.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:23 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,642,722 times
Quote:
If only there was some kind of search engine, so we could look this information up for ourselves ...
Well, I was kind of hoping that the person who posted the link could explain the source before I spent the time entering my personal financial data into a website with no identifying information, but, since you encouraged me to talk to my dear friend google, here goes:

Exec producer for Stossel Productions. Sr producer for @reason. Write for FoxNews.com. Created ElectionBettingOdds.com.

I checked his ElectionBettingOdds site as well. It gives Trump a 27% chance of being re-elected and 50-50 odds of leaving the presidency early. Depending on how you feel about Trump, that might give you pause (or not) when relying on his "calculator" as your tax consultant.

I guess I'll just wait for the official IRS calculator.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
When people don't have health insurance, we all pay for them.
I think you misunderstood my question, so I'll restate it. How many uninsured people are you going to offer to insure by having the insurance bill sent to you for payment? The answer to this question will take the form of a number.

Quote:
So get used to paying more for your insurance.
When trump eliminates the mandate, my insurance costs will drop by 100%.

Old 12-15-2017, 11:53 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Which one of the line items in the report do you think was calculated incorrectly? Please point out which calculations had conservative bias applied to them.
No -- because it isn't worth my time.

I am not going to debate content from a guy who works on the John Stossel show -- lol. That would be like suggesting you take information from someone who works for Don Lemon -- I don't think so!!!!!

Old 12-15-2017, 11:59 PM

Quote:
No -- because it isn't worth my time.

I am not going to debate content from a guy who works on the John Stossel show -- lol. That would be like suggesting you take information from someone who works for Don Lemon -- I don't think so!!!!!
Ok. Then just present the numbers that you derived based on the tax plan and I'll figure out the discrepancies myself.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:30 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Honestly, I worry about the ones who will lose their health insurance. I'm just not that selfish to think about my gain.
Thing is-no one "loses their health insurance". THe only change is that those that can't afford a horribly overpriced, Obamacare compliant plan are no longer penalized for not being able to afford it.

Old 12-16-2017, 12:36 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Oh wow, you would save $1122 and you are happy with that when corporations will save millions. Yeah most of us do have the facts....the rich will prosper even more on the backs of the middle class, which is us. This is why we are fighting this.
Actually I'll save about $2,200 of the nearly $11,000 currently taken from me by the federal government. A 20% cut in taxes is nothing to sneeze at. If you don't want your tax cut, you are more than welcome to send it to me. Or just mail it to President Trump, since he's the one responsible. On top of that, the business tax cut will help everyone and spur business growth (as well as the extra spending power we all have). Now it's understandable how this upsets you liberals-having individuals progress as a result of their own efforts, rather than being dependant on government handouts-destroys the basis of liberalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies