Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:48 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod2828 View Post
It's burdell again.. the guy who prejudges who is or isn't a patriot. I own my own business, make really good money and pay lots of taxes. I also stay out of trouble, plan to have babies to pay for your social security, and plan to have educated babies who will be productive members of society.

It's nice to hear from you. Hope you are doing well.

WHERE did I question anyone's patriotism?

What I said was it's easy to say "I'd go if drafted" when it's common knowledge there is no draft.

You ask: "I'm curious how your "stay out of their business and they will stay out of ours" approach will work?"

You seem to believe it's a fight we need to be engaged in yet are apparently content to "stay out of their business" I'm curious why you're not enlisting? Or is it only a worthwhile fight for others?

Last edited by burdell; 03-20-2008 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2008, 05:33 PM

473 posts, read 1,245,593 times
I haven't enlisted because we have the best voluntary army in the world. I can do more good for my country by using my economics degree and growing my business. If I was fresh out of highschool and didn't have a great academic future, I think I may have enlisted. To each his own. If the draft does happen again, I'll be in line to sign up before they send me my letter.

I don't understand the other part of your question about staying out of their business. That is what the democrats think, not I. I'm confused.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:52 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
I haven't enlisted because we have the best voluntary army in the world. I can do more good for my country by using my economics degree and growing my business. If I was fresh out of highschool and didn't have a great academic future, I think I may have enlisted. To each his own. If the draft does happen again, I'll be in line to sign up before they send me my letter.

I don't understand the other part of your question about staying out of their business. That is what the democrats think, not I. I'm confused.

Your OP is clearly disparaging of those who believe "stay out of their business" and those who sit back and judge yet that's exactly what you choose to do.

Democrats think"stay out of their business, etc." and you don't?

That's nothing but pure rationalization. By choosing the path you have you're clearly choosing to avoid the battle you claim is so important to our future I see nothing that says anything but you believe in the fight as long as its not you doing the fighting.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:37 PM

1,573 posts, read 4,063,635 times
Quote:
I haven't enlisted because we have the best voluntary army in the world. I can do more good for my country by using my economics degree and growing my business.
Then I guess you think all that conservative banter is not worth anything to you personally? Just as long as you keep getting your small business tax cuts and can hire people for a low minimum wage?

At least have the courage to acknowledge that Conservatives don't have the market cornered on the issues of terrorism and war?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies