Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 08:58 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Liberals cannot answer anything objectively, not in their DNA.

After harry & nancy led the nation and market into the ditch and the Repubicans were hired to run Congress in 2010, I'm happy Obama signed off trying to accomplish anything and instead just took credit for the fixes the Republicans put in place that caused to rise steadily upwards. Now even happier with Trump and the Republicans making america great again.

On the day after a Presidential elections, the biggest 1 day drop ever was the day Obama was elected and biggest 1 day increase was the day after Trump was elected.
I don't even know what that means to you. Are you saying you are free of bias? Objectively, I don't give credit to long term trends in the stock market to the president be it Trump or Obama. I'm not concerned about short term results because I'm an investor and not a trader. It may be the case that credit does belong with the president but I don't see it that way. I think the pressures on the market are larger than that. You obviously don't see it that way so of course we will disagree on this point...objectively. So what credit do you give Obama then?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 09:54 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:

After harry & nancy led the nation and market into the ditch and the Repubicans were hired to run Congress in 2010, I'm happy Obama signed off trying to accomplish anything and instead just took credit for the fixes the Republicans put in place that caused to rise steadily upwards. Now even happier with Trump and the Republicans making america great again.

On the day after a Presidential elections, the biggest 1 day drop ever was the day Obama was elected and biggest 1 day increase was the day after Trump was elected.
If I was as BIASED as you I would respond with -- conservatives are too ignorant to realize how biased they are.

But I would never make a sweeping statement like that because I don't believe all conservatives are as naively biased as you are. I think most appreciate that they have a bias, others that call themselves liberal also have a bias.

Wait a minute -- what were the Republican fixes again.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:06 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:

Trumpers seem oblivious to facts, but let's try anyway.

January 20, 2009. The day Obama took office. Dow is at 7,149. Nasdaq is at 1,442.

January 20, 2017. The day Trump took office. Dow is at 19,827. Nasdaq is at 5,555.

Overall, stocks climbed about 12% per year for each year that Obama was in office.

I have a huge 401K. I did the math.

Perhaps, I'll start giving Trump some credit for the economy when he has been in office for longer than ten or eleven months. A predicate for that though would be that he could demonstrate actual policies that resulted in economic improvement.

Its not enough to just claim credit for what your predecessor did. Do you understand that? Its really pretty simple.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:18 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,449,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
I know, I know, asking a Liberal to be objective about Trump is like asking a 5th grader to be objective about homework. A few can do it, most cannot.
Anyway... the question is this. How is your 401k/IRA doing? Simple question.

If it is doing as well as mine is, and the gains jump started THE DAY after Election Day, well...really should lead a truly objective person to check at least one column in Trumps favor, right?

Side note: I’ve done pretty good with my football picks this year, so I will confidently predict a majority of Libs will credit Obama’s policies for the economic surge the last year. Sorry, that’s like saying the great meal you had at your favorite restaurant was the result of the guy who peeled the potatoes and took the meat out of the fridge. He was there with the chef, but didn’t contribute anything of importance.
Lol... Bull market of 7 years under Obama continues under Trump and this poster pretends it all started "THE DAY" Trump got elected... probably spent the last seven years downplaying his investment gains.

Then he has the gall to lecture us on being "objective."

Can't make this stuff up. This is what passes for logical reasoning in the IQ-limited right wing mind.

Old 12-17-2017, 11:37 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Lol... Bull market of 7 years under Obama continues under Trump and this poster pretends it all started "THE DAY" Trump got elected... probably spent the last seven years downplaying his investment gains.

Then he has the gall to lecture us on being "objective."

Can't make this stuff up. This is what passes for logical reasoning in the IQ-limited right wing mind.
He may not have had any. The real conspiracy theorists(not saying NYJoe is or isn't) wouldn't invest under Obama. I'm basing this off anecdotal experience I've had with 2 guys at work that talk like the OP and some of the other anti-liberal posters on this board. Both of theses guys got out near the lows and have refused to get back in. I haven't ask them lately about their investments under Trump because I don't want to listen to a rant. They both believe the stock market can go to zero. One of them did briefly mention getting back in the S&P when it hit 2000 a couple of years back. I asked him why he liked it at 2000 and not 700? He had no answer.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:28 PM

5 posts, read 4,408 times
It is my understanding that Trump has deregulated businesses which has contributed to stock market boom.
Will the new tax laws help or hurt me?. Don't know yet.

I did not vote for Trump and do not like his personality
But Trump has called out liberal bs.

The politics of this country went way too far to the left under Obama. And I voted for Obama in 2008 but did not vote in 2012 or 2016.

Liberal political lies that turned me against Democrats:
Calling everyone racist, homophobic, misogynist etc. if you disagree with them.
White men are evil.
The ridiculous focus on 30 something genders.
Blacks, women and gays are victims of white male priviledge.
If you call Muslim terrorism you are racist.
If you are against illegal immigration - you are against all immigration and you are also a racist.
The false narrative of white rogue cops shooting innocent black men just for kicks.
Ignoring the mega crime in Chicago - by blacks.
Ignoring the root cause of blacks being involved in so much crime - black men making babies and leaving. Kids being raised by moms with no fathers in the home.
Obama's verbal support of Black Lives Matter who advocate the killing of cops.

I wish Democrats and Republicans were replaced by a new Truth and Common Sense Party.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:31 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSFGUY View Post
It is my understanding that Trump has deregulated businesses which has contributed to stock market boom.
Will the new tax laws help or hurt me?. Don't know yet.

I did not vote for Trump and do not like his personality
But Trump has called out liberal bs.

The politics of this country went way too far to the left under Obama. And I voted for Obama in 2008 but did not vote in 2012 or 2016.

Liberal political lies that turned me against Democrats:
Calling everyone racist, homophobic, misogynist etc. if you disagree with them.
White men are evil.
The ridiculous focus on 30 something genders.
Blacks, women and gays are victims of white male priviledge.
If you call Muslim terrorism you are racist.
If you are against illegal immigration - you are against all immigration and you are also a racist.
The false narrative of white rogue cops shooting innocent black men just for kicks.
Ignoring the mega crime in Chicago - by blacks.
Ignoring the root cause of blacks being involved in so much crime - black men making babies and leaving. Kids being raised by moms with no fathers in the home.
Obama's verbal support of Black Lives Matter who advocate the killing of cops.

I wish Democrats and Republicans were replaced by a new Truth and Common Sense Party.
The problem with your post is it is based on your emotions, and very flawed interpretation of information.

None of what you list is a fact.

I suspect you know that and you are trolling, overly simplifying - or at least I hope so. Because this is a very emotionally charged, outrages post with no facts......

Old 12-17-2017, 12:32 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times
And just how often do those on the right bring up Hillary, Bill or Obama? I guess double standards don't apply here.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:34 PM

8,382 posts, read 4,366,655 times
Maybe .. when you can ask an objective question.

Old 12-17-2017, 12:34 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times
Quote:
Can you Liberals answer one question concerning Trump objectively?

Quote:
I know, I know, asking a Liberal to be objective about Trump is like asking a 5th grader to be objective about homework. A few can do it, most cannot.

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies