Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 10:01 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
You mean all the racist white guys the left wants to erase from history? Gotcha.
Ever hear of Crispus Attucks? How about Samuel Fraunces? Charlotte Forten? Peter Salem? Etc, ect., etc.

Gotcha back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2017, 10:04 AM

It is disheartening to see how many Trumpites posting in this thread appear to be unable to distinguish between a dramatic/comedic role played by Rob Reiner almost 50 years ago and Rob Reiner himself.

Meatheads, indeed. Of course, I suspect much of this constant cry of "Meathead!" is either the criers' immature sense of humor, or deliberate and very transparent efforts to irritate, in the absence of any reasonable argument and rational defense of their POVs.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:07 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, the witch hunt is being exposed, take to the streets.

Taking to the streets isn't going to stop this Russian conspircy theory from being exposed for what it is anymore than taking to the street changed the election results.

I say to the left, relax, take a deep breath and just accept that there was no Russian collusion, and Trump isn't going to get impeached.
Your conclusion is evidence enough of delusion.

ALL the US intelligence and law enforcement agencies conclude that Russian election interference is beyond doubt. That Trump thinks this somehow lessens his election win is also a logical conclusion which leads to one massive blind spot for his administration.

Impeachment? Unlikely, unless both the House and Senate control change.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:07 AM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
They already did "take it to the streets" last November. And you progressives have been bellyaching ever since. They overturned your regime. If you want them to "take it the streets" again, perhaps they will give you another slap in the face.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How many times did the SC overturn Obama and his administrative policies?
I will let you look that up.

The SC has not overturned anything Trump has accomplished.
What has Trump accomplished, other than dividing the country, feathering his own nests, creating doubt and suspicion among the populace, damaging the United States' relationships with our traditionally closest allies, selling out our publicly owned natural heritage to extractive industries, having a peculiarly close relationship with Vladimir Putin and his cronies, threatening freedom of the press and free dispersal of information, encouraging racism and sexism and supporting racists and sexual abusers, and firing those who finally had enough of his corruption?

Really bigly "accomplishments", but hey, he's making Amerika Grate Again.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:13 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
What has Trump accomplished, other than dividing the country, feathering his own nests, creating doubt and suspicion among the populace, damaging the United States' relationships with our traditionally closest allies, selling out our publicly owned natural heritage to extractive industries, having a peculiarly close relationship with Vladimir Putin and his cronies, threatening freedom of the press and free dispersal of information, encouraging racism and sexism and supporting racists and sexual abusers, and firing those who finally had enough of his corruption?

Really bigly "accomplishments", but hey, he's making Amerika Grate Again.
Trump has reduced needless regulation, appointed an excellent SCOTUS judge, and is on the verge of a Tax Plan, among other things. Obama was the ultimate Communist DIVIDER. You are delusional.

Old 12-17-2017, 10:14 AM

27,546 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Rob who?

Old 12-17-2017, 10:15 AM

As for rallying in the streets should Mueller be fired, I just got out my well-worn sign, handmade last February: "Russia Out of the Oval Office", redone to read "Trump Out of the Oval Office". It's good for several more rallies, if need be...

My guess is that if Trump attempts to fire Mueller, it will happen when he is safely away from Washington, in Mar-a-Lago for Christmas, and when many Americans are also away from their homes and engaged in holiday activities. Who's likely to march in the streets on Christmas Eve, or Christmas Day, or New Year's Eve?

Though I can certainly see New Year's Day parades becoming peaceful rallies. Last-minute parade units could consist of flag-waving patriots with red, white, and blue signs demanding justice and truth and democracy be restored, to make American Great Once More.

I miss my country...

I'm packing my sign and a small American flag in my suitcase, and hoping I won't need to use them.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 12-17-2017 at 10:24 AM..

Old 12-17-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Trump has reduced needless regulation, appointed an excellent SCOTUS judge, and is on the verge of a Tax Plan, among other things. Obama was the ultimate Communist DIVIDER. You are delusional.
His "Tax Plan" (no idea why you unnecessarily capitalized it) will greatly benefit big business and the wealthy, at the expense of the poor and middle class, and will grossly increase the national debt. Even comfortably well-off upper middle class individuals will suffer, as they own their homes, have no children, and their charitable contributions may be very limited, as will deductions for state and local taxes. I am in this last category. It appears my taxes will go up. I am not alone. Charities will also suffer if donations are no longer deductible resulting in fewer services to those in need.

As for "needless regulation", for whom is it "needless"? Ah, yes, the wealthy owners of extractive industries, the polluters and destroyers. The rest of us certainly don't find environmental regulation "needless", nor do we appreciate seeing our national public lands - OUR national public lands - dismembered to benefit extractive industries that devastate the land, water, and air.

Who's "delusional", once again?

Old 12-17-2017, 10:27 AM

25,689 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
What has Trump accomplished, other than dividing the country,
The country was divided long before Trump was even a consideration. The difference is that before that time, you were giving the other half the finger, and now the other half is giving you the finger. Live with it. We did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies