Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 10:01 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
I'm not sure we are. Since so many of them just say "no!" because somebody told them facts or what to do, one can't help but think that their reaction is very similar to that of a small child who says "no!" to everything. They can never objectively support their position - it's always personal feelings, unverifiable rumors, or absurd fake news websites. Never facts, logic, or reason with them.
Yet you yourself have presented no facts. None whatsoever. Why believe you? Because you said so? lol

All you've done in your silly posts is say people who dont want the income tax are bad people who are crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 10:35 AM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The only lunacy is people who believe your post has merit. It's already been proven to you that before we had the income tax in 1913 we did just fine. But go ahead and ignore that fact.
"we did just fine" and "fact" in the same sentence. Yes, very quantifiable, your "fact".

Old 12-18-2017, 10:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This has been covered endlessly. No you did not have to collect much in taxes when dirt roads were acceptable.

Not as likely if I had to send it in next month. What happens if I do not?

I care about a workable system.

I pay taxes when I buy a car, transfer a car title, put tags on it and get it inspected yearly. I pay for those roads....

Don't pay your income tax. I will not hurt you.

I care about your liberties and freedoms, along with mine.
Repeal the 16th Amendment and take us out of bondage.

Old 12-18-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
"we did just fine" and "fact" in the same sentence. Yes, very quantifiable, your "fact".
Do you actually think we were a 3rd world country compared to everyone else in 1913? Do you actually think taxation is the reason we have technology which has improved our lives? Do you actually think it was taxation that brought us the automobile and the assembly line and the airplane?

Now again point out to me in the post that I responded to where facts were presented. That was the point of my post. Was that too hard to figure out while you were busy trying to be clever?

Old 12-18-2017, 11:20 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
The only lunacy is people who believe your post has merit. It's already been proven to you that before we had the income tax in 1913 we did just fine. But go ahead and ignore that fact.
No it hasn't.

Old 12-18-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I pay taxes when I buy a car, transfer a car title, put tags on it and get it inspected yearly. I pay for those roads....

Don't pay your income tax. I will not hurt you.

I care about your liberties and freedoms, along with mine.
Repeal the 16th Amendment and take us out of bondage.
That's great that you pay your tax bill. Once again since you did not address it. What about those that do not?

Old 12-18-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
No it hasn't.
Yes it has. See what I did there?
That you didn't try to refute any points I made is telling. All because "you said so".

Old 12-18-2017, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Yes it has. See what I did there?
That you didn't try to refute any points I made is telling. All because "you said so".
You've made no points. We are not going back to the 19th century.

Old 12-18-2017, 01:37 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
Quote:
Do you actually think we were a 3rd world country compared to everyone else in 1913? Do you actually think taxation is the reason we have technology which has improved our lives? Do you actually think it was taxation that brought us the automobile and the assembly line and the airplane?

Now again point out to me in the post that I responded to where facts were presented. That was the point of my post. Was that too hard to figure out while you were busy trying to be clever?
I actually think it was taxation that enabled our country to execute the idea of puttting a man on the moon, so yes I think in some ways taxation has helped technology through NASA. I did not say it was "THE reason" but that's your red herring of choice obviously.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
You've made no points.
Of course I did. All one has to do is go back and look at my posts. Your post is dishonest

Quote:
We are not going back to the 19th century.
No ones saying that but you. Pathetic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies