Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 10:02 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I going watch bank stocks. They seem to be down and if this tax bill does what they think its supposed to do business should start borrowing money.
The market is flat today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 10:05 AM

833 posts, read 520,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Lets see the final determination of debt created.

I have never seen trickle down work in my 61 years. There is always hope that it works.

What will happen when money starts to slow down as more and more get trapped in saving and stocks. Not from the bottom of the population, but from the top and corporations.

The Top just gets more in their pockets which will not increase their own spending. As seen when Cohen was in that group of CEO's who said they would not hire more, they will buy back stock and do more M&A. Jobs lost for the middle as the higher paying jobs become consolidated.
Of course trickle down works. You had a job in those 61 years of life, didn't you? If so, your assertion is that trickle down worked for you when you were in need of a job but it works for no one else in this day and time. I believe even you can figure out how stupid that sounds.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Its the one man operations which will be hit the hardest by this bill.
How so?

Old 12-20-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
My Cousin in Indiana owns a small Construction business, and he is not happy with the tax bill at all.
Why? It sounds like he's clueless about taxes and economics.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:12 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus Clay Banger View Post
How so?
I am tired of repeating it, but the S-Corp mandate will force them to take 70% of income as salary, which is subject to 15% payroll tax. This is a massive tax hike for those who were taking the usual 30-40% of income as salary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies