Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 07:13 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,608,272 times

Advertisements

13 million Americans will eventually lose their insurance, 1.5 Trillion in debt. Cuts to Medicare. Thanks, Republicans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 07:18 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,862,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
13 million Americans will eventually lose their insurance, 1.5 Trillion in debt. Cuts to Medicare. Thanks, Republicans
And just think. If the democrats had actually kept their many promises the American voters would not have fired them. Make no mistake the GOP lies as well.
As for the lost insurance? Blame those who promised affordable health care but instead made it more expensive. That would be Pelosi, Reid, and Obama.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:57 PM

57,099 posts, read 26,074,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
As I said before, I'll wait for my accountant to tell me the ups and downs and how it will impact me.
I detest Trump. I am an independent that leans right. Make no mistake I also detest those leftist blowhards that call themselves democrats. They like those on the right have made themselves quite wealthy while in office.
I live in NY and will take a hit, that is not the reason I dislike this bill. Aside from some benefits to the middle class this is obviously a large redistribution to wealthy that in the end will only increases income disparity.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:04 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,103,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
I'm a CPA.

This bill is the biggest rip-off of middle class that can possibly go through.

It is amazing what FOX News and right wing exploitation of uneducated can do, that people actually support that bill is beyond me. Just wow.
Doubt if any of that is true. Especially your profession.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:11 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,103,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I live in NY and will take a hit, that is not the reason I dislike this bill. Aside from some benefits to the middle class this is obviously a large redistribution to wealthy that in the end will only increases income disparity.
Work a little smarter and you can become wealthy yourself. High-tax States need to reevaluate their own tax structure.
No need to repeat the tired slogans of the Left.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:35 PM

57,099 posts, read 26,074,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Work a little smarter and you can become wealthy yourself. High-tax States need to reevaluate their own tax structure.
No need to repeat the tired slogans of the Left.
Well if you are a millionaire you evidently don’t need to work harder you can just hire lobbyists and add a provision. This change was not in either the senate or house bill, it just appeared. Truly a Christmas miracle, and suddenly Corkers concerns regarding the deficit just disappeared.

Stop worrying about the 1%, some how they will survive in spite of the overwhelming odds.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:48 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,624,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Ill wait to see what my accountant says, before I pass judgment. Sorry but left wing hysteria isn't enough for me to form an opinion.

this is easy to understand the change allows an LLC to count the non depreciated portion of hard assets like RE to have the "pass through" profits taxed at 20%. so instead of paying 3x% on your llc income you pay 20% the same as long term investments...

OK so the big Q is how will they be converting REITs to LLCs ????

and if it is easy as it looks Will there be a tsunami conversions?

I have not looked at it for more than a couple of mins and i have not seen the full text of it just the bits quoted...

the guys on the econ forum will likely flesh this out fast and easy.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:49 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,624,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well if you are a millionaire you evidently don’t need to work harder you can just hire lobbyists and add a provision. This change was not in either the senate or house bill, it just appeared. Truly a Christmas miracle, and suddenly Corkers concerns regarding the deficit just disappeared.

Stop worrying about the 1%, some how they will survive in spite of the overwhelming odds.
I think it is the big gift Trump was talking about. He will retain about 40% more of his profits... on qualifying portions of his holdings....

Old 12-18-2017, 08:58 PM

20,712 posts, read 8,494,099 times
Fewer taxes for me. I never itemize -- never had enough deductions -- so a bigger standard deduction helps.

I don't understand why people think everyone will be happy. Some will, some won't. Same with most things in life.

Old 12-18-2017, 08:59 PM

5,722 posts, read 2,184,086 times
Cry some more about it, this bill benefits the middle class. Democrats vote against the middle class by opposing this. They don't want my family to save 3 thousand a year.

Just now from the WSJ:
The Republican tax plan would lead to tax cuts for all income groups in 2019, with the lower-middle-class households receiving the largest tax reductions on a percentage basis but upper-income households receiving the most money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies