U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 07:41 PM

24,903 posts, read 16,545,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Do you think the "great negotiator" idea (probably self-proclaimed) might really just be a result of Trump's ability to bully people and corrupt situations with his money? The traditional sense of negotiating meant coming to a solution that worked well for both sides - and his time in the White House clearly shows that he's incapable of that.
I presume the actual author of "Art of the Deal" is the best authority.
Quote:
If he were writing “The Art of the Deal” today, Schwartz said, it would be a very different book with a very different title. Asked what he would call it, he answered, “The Sociopath.”

But Schwartz believes that Trump’s short attention span has left him with “a stunning level of superficial knowledge and plain ignorance.” He said, “That’s why he so prefers TV as his first news source—information comes in easily digestible sound bites.”

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2...iter-tells-all
Quote:
Donald Trump Has Always Been a Terrible Negotiator

...any successes Trump had in business occurred at the very beginning of his career, including the conversion of the Commodore Hotel to the Grand Hyatt at Grand Central and the building of Trump Tower. In those deals, according to Politico, he demonstrated a modicum of “salesmanship, verve, cunning, and good timing.” But his discipline and focus started to dry up shortly after those transactions and, hilariously, around the time he agreed to write a book called the The Art of the Deal, striking a comically awful agreement—for him—with ghostwriter Tony Schwartz, who said that Trump “basically just agreed” to all of his demands, including “an almost unheard-of half of the $500,000 advance from Random House and also half of the royalties.” (“What should have been a great deal on a book about negotiation actually is one of the most interesting pieces of evidence that he’s not a good negotiator,” Harvard Business School professor Deepak Malhotra told Politico, noting that Schwartz got his name on the cover in the same size text as Trump’s. “I don’t think there’s a better ghostwriting deal out there.”)

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...ble-negotiator

Last edited by sickofnyc; 01-23-2019 at 07:58 PM..
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 07:44 PM

9,805 posts, read 3,319,793 times
rick wilson who? never heard of him.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:45 PM
Status: "Most innocent people need to hire 35 lawyers at some point" (set 10 days ago)

16,897 posts, read 7,524,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Rick Wilson is complete dirtbag...a liberal posing as a "conservative", with more hatred in his heart than most.
That's an - odd - statement. He's been making a living running winning campaigns for Republican candidates for decades. Including Rudy Giuliani. Also worked for Dick Cheney at the DoD. He may not be your brand of conservative, but that hardly makes him a liberal.

The man definitely has a way with words. I laughed all the way through the book. Recommended if you want to mine for innovative Trump insults, because he's sure got 'em.

Old 01-23-2019, 09:12 PM

897 posts, read 604,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Everything Trump touches dies

So when does he touch Pelosi Schumer and Clinton? LOL
Add Schummer to the list.

Old Yesterday, 12:56 AM

2,678 posts, read 740,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
That's an - odd - statement. He's been making a living running winning campaigns for Republican candidates for decades. Including Rudy Giuliani. Also worked for Dick Cheney at the DoD. He may not be your brand of conservative, but that hardly makes him a liberal.

Your CNN talking points don't sway me. I am not some ostrich.

Rick Wilson and the lying "media's" attempt to put them on their broadcasts as "conservatives" (Bret Stephens, Ana Navarao, Bill Kristol et al) does not make them conservative in the slightest.

Bret Stephens has come out in favor of repealing the 2nd Amendment, he wants open borders and HE is a "conservative"? In what twisted world?

Rick Wilson isn't a conservative and the fact that he fought to put liberals like Bush/Cheney in office just proves my point.

Educate yourself on the liberal leanings of George Bush (who I will remind you want a puppet of globalist, anti-American liberal Bill Kristol):

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rticle1086586/

Rick Wilson is a scumbag. EVERY PERSON in my immediate family has a college degree and we're all conservatives. Yet a vile creature like Wilson calls people like me (Trump supporters) "toothless" inbreds. He is no conservative.

Old Yesterday, 01:01 AM
Status: "Most innocent people need to hire 35 lawyers at some point" (set 10 days ago)

Quote:
Your CNN talking points don't sway me. I am not some ostrich.

Rick Wilson and the lying "media's" attempt to put them on their broadcasts as "conservatives" (Bret Stephens, Ana Navarao, Bill Kristol et al) does not make them conservative in the slightest.

Bret Stephens has come out in favor of repealing the 2nd Amendment, he wants open borders and HE is a "conservative"? In what twisted world?

Rick Wilson isn't a conservative and the fact that he fought to put liberals like Bush/Cheney in office just proves my point.

Educate yourself on the liberal leanings of George Bush (who I will remind you want a puppet of globalist, anti-American liberal Bill Kristol):

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rticle1086586/

Rick Wilson is a scumbag. EVERY PERSON in my immediate family has a college degree and we're all conservatives. Yet a vile creature like Wilson calls people like me (Trump supporters) "toothless" inbreds. He is no conservative.
Shrug.

No one thought the Bush/Cheney administration was liberal. Conservatives were over the moon when they won that election. https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-cheney-ticket

You remind me of Humpty Dumpty.

“When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’

’The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’

’The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master — that’s all.”

Old Yesterday, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Shrug.

No one thought the Bush/Cheney administration was liberal. Conservatives were over the moon when they won that election. https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-cheney-ticket

You remind me of Humpty Dumpty.

“When I use a word,’ Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, ‘it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less.’

’The question is,’ said Alice, ‘whether you can make words mean so many different things.’

’The question is,’ said Humpty Dumpty, ‘which is to be master — that’s all.”
You didn't even read the article.

Old Yesterday, 01:12 AM

2,595 posts, read 484,613 times
Then why didn't the White House gone down in literal flames on Trump's first day in office?

Old Yesterday, 01:15 AM

Quote:
You didn't even read the article.
Shrug again.

I don't like Cheney. But both he and I - and most Americans - agree that Cheney is not liberal. Same goes for Dubya.

Doesn't matter how people try to twist the standard definitions. I know it's a thing - but - I'm not buying it. No matter how many Orwellian articles you cite. We have not always been at war with Eastasia.

Last edited by jacqueg; Yesterday at 01:29 AM..

Old Yesterday, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Shrug again.

I don't like Cheney. But both he and I - and most Americans - agree that Cheney is not liberal.

Doesn't matter how people try to twist the standard definitions. I know it's a thing - but - I'm not buying it. No matter how many articles you cite.
And I'm not buying the lying filth that CNN et al are now pushing - that Bret Stephens, Rick Wilson, Bill Kristol and their ilk are "conservatives".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or