Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 12:27 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,909,892 times

Advertisements

What? Did Steve Bannon just send out a message that gets picked up by every tinfoil hat on the far right? This non-story doesn't even merit one thread, never mind two.

FYI for those members in Atlanta and everywhere else:

Tamarisk trees are considered an invasive, noxious species in the American West of which I believe Palm Springs is a part of. Someone who encourages these nuisance trees to grow is indeed driving down property values. Tamarisk trees crowd out native trees and suck up oceans of water from the soil and aquifers and just transpire it off into the desert air where it does no good for anyone. We are very jealous of our water rights and how our water is used in the arid West.

Quote:
The impacts caused by tamarisk in the southwest are well documented. These prolific non-native shrubs displace native vegetation and animals, alter soil salinity, and increase fire frequency. Salt cedar is an aggressive competitor, often developing monoculture stands and lowering water tables, which can negatively affect wildlife and native vegetative communities. In many areas, it occupies previously open spaces and is adapted to a wide range of environmental conditions. Once established in an area, it typically spreads and persists.
https://www.nps.gov/grca/learn/natur...c-tamarisk.htm

There's nothing to see here people, move along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 12:29 PM

27,534 posts, read 16,005,124 times
I golfed some times at a course surround eventually, by blacks. It’s no longer a golf course. Probably could have used some trees.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:30 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,167,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Another non-starter from the Internet's equivalent of a supermarket tabloid. No wonder you people are always shrieking "Fake News!" You folks are expert at it.
Try the first link.

Some people just want others to lead them by the hand.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:31 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,590,407 times
damn.. you guys need help.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:36 PM

296 posts, read 231,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Of course the trees aren't racist. But the tree planters/planners likely were.
They block the windows of the homes from getting hit with white golf balls. And you know it's really the golf balls that are racist.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:42 PM

36,163 posts, read 30,636,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Obviously they should give all the black people in the neighborhood lifetime memberships and free golf for the indignities they suffered having to look at those racist trees obstructing their view of the golf course.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:45 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,585,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Liberalism is without a doubt a mental disorder
this.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:55 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,288,658 times
Quote:
Residents, led by real estate agent Trae Daniel, who moved into the neighborhood 14 years ago, have made four demands of the city. They include: removing the trees; building a 6-foot privacy wall for residents who want it; installing netting or something similar to prevent errant golf balls from flying into residents' yards; and planting new trees similar to those seen along other parts of the course.
Translation: I shall buy property already impacted by the trees, claim racism, then force the city to pay to increase my property value as well as the property values of houses I sell as part of my job as a real estate agent thus increasing my commissions.

No wonder race hucksters are still going strong. Buncha dough still to be made. Somewhere Al Sharpton is smiling.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:59 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,093,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Brer Rabbit. If that's not racist, I don't know what is!

Old 12-19-2017, 01:11 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,273,004 times
It is quite common for a golf course to remove trees that have begun to block the views of those residing along it. It is also common to plant trees to block golf balls from hitting homes in specific situations.

This is somewhat different as Tamarisk grows dense and fully block the views and includes within it a chain link fence. The request of the tract includes not only removing the trees but providing strategic nets to block balls and replacement trees to landscape the area similar to the rest of the course.

The whining about the trees would appear to be nonsense. This is apparently the only place on the course where such trees were planted in such a manner. That would suggest different rationale than elsewhere on the course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies