Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 02:50 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,454,985 times

Advertisements

We all deep know that this country isn't moving forward nor is it really moving backwards we haven't has happened that in a good way that helped BOTH parties. I've asked this of several people in here who keep on bashing the other party. The reason I am asking is because there has to be SOME common ground Some where we the U.S can keep spinning our wheels any longer. It's way past to start acting like adults and stop acting like 5 years olds.

Can anyone think of something that they felt good about perhaps the other party did that helped everyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 02:53 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,686,505 times
I'm thinking.......I'm thinking................

Old 12-19-2017, 02:57 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,147,048 times
I think infrastructure is something we can all come together on. Admittedly I'm not fond of Trump's approach of offering tax breaks to private companies to build toll roads. But I think this is an item we can find common ground on and actually make some progress.

Of course this was before we were another $1.5 trillion in the hole...

Old 12-19-2017, 03:11 PM

20,409 posts, read 12,314,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
We all deep know that this country isn't moving forward nor is it really moving backwards we haven't has happened that in a good way that helped BOTH parties. I've asked this of several people in here who keep on bashing the other party. The reason I am asking is because there has to be SOME common ground Some where we the U.S can keep spinning our wheels any longer. It's way past to start acting like adults and stop acting like 5 years olds.

Can anyone think of something that they felt good about perhaps the other party did that helped everyone?
you mean like JFK did when he cut taxes?

or am I just doing what you are trying to stop
I will be honest. I think things have been so toxic its going to come down to one side beating the other.

I think what you are seeing now is some parts of the republican side accepting the fact that the left has been at war with them and now they have joined the fight. I think what you are seeing is republicans finally fighting back.

I predict it wont end pretty.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:15 PM

36,857 posts, read 17,262,821 times
Quote:
Unless they both fold I don't think anything they've done or will do is going to benefit me.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:17 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,652,470 times
I agree with increased infrastructure projects, to the extent that the program does not become a giveaway to private contractors. But we have been behind on bridge safety for some years now. Something I think about whenever I use an old bridge...

Also - enact a permanent provision that fed law enforcement not prosecute marijuana users who are complying with state regulations on marijuana, if those state laws and enforcement meet the standards set out in the Holder memo -

"Typically, when any of the following characteristics is present, the conduct will not be in clear and unambiguous compliance with applicable state law and may indicate illegal drug trafficking activity of potential federal interest:

unlawful possession or unlawful use of firearms;
violence;
sales to minors;
financial and marketing activities inconsistent with the terms, conditions, or purposes of state law, including evidence of money laundering activity and/or financial gains or excessive amounts of cash inconsistent with purported compliance with state or local law;
amounts of marijuana inconsistent with purported compliance with state or local law;
illegal possession or sale of other controlled substances; or
ties to other criminal enterprises."

https://www.justice.gov/archives/opa...cutions-states

Old 12-19-2017, 03:18 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,082,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
you mean like JFK did when he cut taxes?

or am I just doing what you are trying to stop
I will be honest. I think things have been so toxic its going to come down to one side beating the other.

I think what you are seeing now is some parts of the republican side accepting the fact that the left has been at war with them and now they have joined the fight. I think what you are seeing is republicans finally fighting back.

I predict it wont end pretty.

I hope you've fully recovered from whatever caused you to have amnesia for the last decade.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:19 PM

34,264 posts, read 19,266,610 times
Infrastructure is good, and I like that Trump is talking about taking us to the moon again. I did like some small parts of the tax reform-the idea of reducing it to 4 tax brackets was good, but then that got yanked.

The cross state concealed carry is a good thing as well in my opinion.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:25 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,454,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Unless they both fold I don't think anything they've done or will do is going to benefit me.

And I think that's what might have to happen at least to some extent but overall no, neither party has done anything to help all of regardless of party. I've always believed that either party tends to only look out of themselves. Not so much for those who voted for them but for those who line their pockets sure, they might throw a few bones to make us feel like they care but overall it's just a tease.

Old 12-19-2017, 03:27 PM

20,409 posts, read 12,314,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I hope you've fully recovered from whatever caused you to have amnesia for the last decade.
sure whatever. politics has always been a blood sport. but this is different. ive been very much awake.
like when the very evil Dingy Harry Reid stood up in the senate during the battle of Ramadi and proclaimed "this war is lost"

he knew full well what was going on at the time and he did that. Democrats did not condemn his action. Instead they applauded it. Its about time the republicans recognized what is happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies