Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 10:35 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,426,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I can't think of any other way to explain why Trump is still so popular among his base. A lot of people I know who voted for Trump aren't particularly satisfied with everything he's done, they just prefer him on his worst day to a Democrat. They will continue to support Trump like their high school or college football team during a bad season because after all, he is their guy, warts and all. Would you say this is the case among the people who still support Trump? Do you actually think the guy is honest and is doing a good job or do you just think he's better than a liberal?
Many of those 36% voted for Obama.
You have to add 12%-15% on any Donald Trump polling. It is the correction for error as verified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 10:40 PM

20,663 posts, read 8,430,038 times
I voted and campaigned for Trump because of his policies, not his party. I liked the fact that he wasn't a career politician. I never vote for a political party and have switched mine several times in my lifetime. People who vote a straight ticket are too lazy to think for themselves.

Old 12-19-2017, 11:07 PM

7,302 posts, read 3,376,705 times
I think that the liberal media's behavior is so consistently abhorrent over recent years, to the point of costing and ruining many innocent lives not to mention ruining the institution of the mainstream press (via fatally compromising its integrity) for perhaps decades to come, that I would rather see Robert E Lee's dried bones in the White House than anyone who the Left thinks is acceptable.

If we're being honest.

The media, for whom the liberal base transitions between lauding and giving a pass, causes so much system corruption, at present, that, yes, I'll vote for anyone or anything who makes them uncomfortable.

If they represent the fatal institutional corruption, then it follows that anything that is "not them" is good because it will cause change that can then be used to reform the institutions to a less corrupt state.

If we do not have our institutions, then we have nothing because we have only chaos by definition. It certainly isn't real civilization. A corrupt media is a non-starter for a first world society. There are many reasons to detest corruption in institutions, but the media is perhaps the only one that cannot be managed according to its degree of corruption. For the media, they either have and act according to their integrity or they consistently do not. In the case of the modern mainstream media, that ship sailed a long time ago. Presently, they don't even make a motion toward the form of journalistic ethics. If I can say one thing for them, its that, at least when they aren't complaining out of fear of reprisal for their bad behavior, they aren't pretending that they have ethics. The corruption is all very out in the open.

Old 12-19-2017, 11:09 PM

736 posts, read 351,253 times
I won't vote for a Democrat until they get rid of the SJW and political correctness.

Old 12-19-2017, 11:13 PM

34,151 posts, read 18,431,661 times
The Democrats have gone so far LEFT, and have become so divisive with Identity Politics, I can't imagine voting for one at this point. Maybe if they became less extreme? Naaaaa. They've pretty much screwed themselves. If the Republicans had a clue as a party, they wouldn't be fighting Trump as much.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:05 AM

29,452 posts, read 16,378,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
That's because of California, New York, and a few other states that she won.

And don't forget the illegals voting, votes from dead people, and votes flipping from Trump to Hillary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I would say she won California overwhelmingly. Outside of California, Trump had her beat by almost 1.5 million more votes. But all this spilled milk; the popular vote is really meaningless in a electoral Presidential election.
You cant use the "run up the score " argument against Hillary, and not use it on Trump when it comes to Red states.

You also cant just exclude California either.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:43 AM

18,755 posts, read 18,021,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Democrats have gone so far LEFT, and have become so divisive with Identity Politics, I can't imagine voting for one at this point. Maybe if they became less extreme? Naaaaa. They've pretty much screwed themselves. If the Republicans had a clue as a party, they wouldn't be fighting Trump as much.
Some of us Trump supporters on City Data were Democrats. I was a Democrat most of my life. Heck; I am a retired 30 year Teamster and our leaders always wanted us to vote Democrat. However, there was one time they encouraged us to vote Republican and I felt betrayed by my union. That was when they encouraged us to vote for Reagan.

On the other hand I saw that workers stopped getting raises that kept up with inflation. I saw the start of part time jobs. I saw benefits diminish and union losing power. Nothing good was happening with our current leadership. Workers, especially in the private sector; were taking a beating. I finally realized that it was foolish to support those that did not help my fellow workers. This realization was hard since I was taught, since childhood, that the Democrats represented American workers. Those in the public sector faired better - but they rely on the taxes paid by those in the private sector.

What caused the Democrats to turn their backs on the very people that built the Party? I always thought they wanted the votes of illegal immigrants and their friends. Today I do not think that was entirely the case. When you look at the money behind the push for open border Democrats, like the one and a half billion to get Hillary into office; it is more complicated than that. There is obviously a lot of special interest money backing these anti- American politicians. There are plenty of Republicans that march to the same drumbeat as those on the other side of the isle.

Trump was the last hope for American workers. Automation is poised to knock us down one more notch. Hillary we saw as simply another Obama (maybe worse). We had no other choice and, fortunately, President Trump is making good on all of his campaign pledges or at least is making an attempt. We could not expect that out of Hillary; what did she run on - "I hate Trump"?

Old 12-20-2017, 03:03 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,880,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I can't think of any other way to explain why Trump is still so popular among his base. A lot of people I know who voted for Trump aren't particularly satisfied with everything he's done, they just prefer him on his worst day to a Democrat. They will continue to support Trump like their high school or college football team during a bad season because after all, he is their guy, warts and all. Would you say this is the case among the people who still support Trump? Do you actually think the guy is honest and is doing a good job or do you just think he's better than a liberal?
Yes for the most part they are die hard Republicans/conservatives.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:06 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,269,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You cant use the "run up the score " argument against Hillary, and not use it on Trump when it comes to Red states.

You also cant just exclude California either.
Both candidates knew very well the rules of the game, so I dont understand why the popular vote keeps popping up like somehow Hillary deserves a red ribbon and a Payday candy bar, Lol.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:07 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,880,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Trump's represents voters that are normally unrepresentable because they work for a living.
This is absolutely a statement based in nonsense and pure baloney. LOL.

Unpreventable because they work for a living -- what does that even mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies