Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 08:09 AM

8,313 posts, read 3,921,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
I'm not a Democrat or a Republican.

But the Republicans going in and intentionally breaking the system without replacing it? ...yeah they own it now.
Careful. Bipartisanship is strongly discouraged here. You are actually a "liberal" I can tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 08:12 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,842,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It is. We ALL know how many times the CBOs projections have been wrong.

Uh huh... and they said there was no way GDP growth would reach 3% in Trump's first year. So... WHY do you believe the biased quacks?

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/30/trum...r-fetched.html

How are you not yet totally embarrassed to be asserting the biased quack's opinions?
Its not only the CBO that is doubting the projections from this tax cut.

So far Our Dear Leader hasn't completed a year in office. I can point to quarters of growth during Obama's administration that exceeded 4%.

I don't know why so many believe a quack like our Dear Leader. He has promised job growth that is simply not achievable unless we start allowing huge migration to America.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:17 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I only make $52,000/year, and take home about $40,000 after taxes and benefits. So I could only give each of those people one penny if I gave them every cent I had and became impoverished myself.
So... you DON'T want to pay. Got it.

And, you're math-deficient. $40,000 or even $52,000 divided by 35.7 million = 0.1 cent

This is why debating with lefties is pointless. Cognitive deficiencies.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:17 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Cut spending.
Works for me.
Unfortunately it's not something that government has ever done.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Its not only the CBO that is doubting the projections from this tax cut.
And it wasn't only the CBO that said 3% GDP growth was impossible in Trump's first year.

It's really chapping the left's hides that we now have a pro-economic growth President. Too bad.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
You think employer provided insurance didn't go up too?

Lol.....that's cute.

I get mine through my employer..... my premiums tripled and my deductible quadrupled after the ACA was passed.

And just last year we were informed that everything but prescriptions now goes towards the deductible.

Which means office visits and the like are no longer covered by a co pay.....I pay full price for everything until I hit my now massively expensive deducible.

Every year.

Nice try though.
Clearly everyone's experience is going to be different. My employers provided insurance didn't even double, perhaps that was because it was already a full feature plan.

At the time of the ACA passage I sat on the board of a non-profit with a few full time employees. Our costs went down because the employees were no longer buying insurance as individuals which we reimbursed.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:35 AM

Quote:
And it wasn't only the CBO that said 3% GDP growth was impossible in Trump's first year.

It's really chapping the left's hides that we now have a pro-economic growth President. Too bad.
Again you know that he hasn't been in office yet for a year. GDP growth is quite different by quarter. Who says I'm against growth. I'm very glad the economy has been growing for 8 years now. Most of my assets are in the stock market; therefore I love it when the stock market goes up.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:49 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
So... you DON'T want to pay. Got it.

And, you're math-deficient. $40,000 or even $52,000 divided by 35.7 million = 0.1 cent

This is why debating with lefties is pointless. Cognitive deficiencies.
There is no cognitive deficiency. I just didn't want to do the actual math, because your post is ridiculous.

It would actually only be enough to give 4 million people one penny each, good point. I was just illustrating how ridiculous your point was. Why should I alone have to fund Medicaid and none of the other 200,000,000 workers have to contribute? Why single me out as a strawman?

Old 12-21-2017, 08:56 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Your 2018 pay stub will look no different since this doesn't take affect until 2019. And do you know why no democrat voted for it. These tax cuts won't last for us normal people...it only lasts for corporations and the rich. This is only one reason democrats were against it. You guys are so gullible. You believe anything Trump tells you
Its the dems fault that the cuts for regular people won't be permanent. The GOP needed the dems for that. The dems were interested only interested in being against what the GOP was doing at the expense of regular people.

Hopefully regular people remember that in 2018 and 2020.

Old 12-21-2017, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
There is no cognitive deficiency. I just didn't want to do the actual math
Well, that's at least you and Barbie... "Math class is tough!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFh8WS0s8UQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies