Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 09:30 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,183,320 times

Advertisements

I had no idea that Tumpers could be so down right bitter over something like a movie. I mean, it isn't even out yet and they are crying about it.

It must be a hard day's work to get through life when you think everything that doesn't agree with your mindset is out to get you.

It's just a movie.

Old 12-22-2017, 10:51 PM

23,130 posts, read 12,248,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
I had no idea that Tumpers could be so down right bitter over something like a movie. I mean, it isn't even out yet and they are crying about it.

It must be a hard day's work to get through life when you think everything that doesn't agree with your mindset is out to get you.

It's just a movie.
It doesn't bother me, I'll probably watch it though I won't see it at the theater (I haven't been to the movies in ages, not going to start going just for this movie).
Like you said "It's just a movie", which is the point I was trying to make, but, there will be those on the left who do not understand that and will take this movie as gospel.

I've enjoyed most of Hanks and Spielberg's movies. I never noticed Odenkirk until Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul, but I enjoyed his roles in those shows. Streep I never could stand in anything she's done, I may have liked some of the movies she was in, but not her.

Old 12-23-2017, 01:27 AM

56,990 posts, read 35,090,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

It's just a movie.
All the right wingers are gonna go see it out of curiosity if for nothing else. They’re just perpetrating a fraud online. They’ll all be at the theatre...front and center with a large popcorn, Coke and Junior Mints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
You might want to go back and read the OP. In addition, Spielberg has said in multiple interviews that this film HAD to be made this year, and wanted assurances that it would be. He and Streep, whose popularity is plummeting in the midst of her "playing dumb" with respect to Pervy Weinstein, have both acknowledged the parallels the movie is drawing between the early 70s and 2017.

Just what the world needs. Tom Hanks, who had to learn about the Pentagon Papers, and hypocrite hag Meryl Streep, preaching to moviegoers about politics.

It'll be another flop.
Yeah...Hanks, Streep and Spielberg ALWAYS flop at the box office.

And yeah..let’s just keep pretending that more than tenth of one percent of Americans know the story of the Pentagon Papers when 80% (and I’m being generous) can’t even name the Vice President and probably 95% can’t name one of their senators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Meryl Streep is in it. Not for me. I predict it will be as big at the box office as Ishtar.
Yeah...that Meryl Streep. Queen of the flops.

Old 12-23-2017, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It doesn't bother me, I'll probably watch it though I won't see it at the theater (I haven't been to the movies in ages, not going to start going just for this movie).
Like you said "It's just a movie", which is the point I was trying to make, but, there will be those on the left who do not understand that and will take this movie as gospel.

I've enjoyed most of Hanks and Spielberg's movies. I never noticed Odenkirk until Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul, but I enjoyed his roles in those shows. Streep I never could stand in anything she's done, I may have liked some of the movies she was in, but not her.
Lol...just amazing.

Yeah, she’s in great movies, but she just sucks in them. You know, she ruined The Deer Hunter, Bridges of Madison County and Kramer vs Kramer! Those films would’ve been better without her.

No wonder they all flopped.

Old 12-23-2017, 01:41 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,408,883 times
I got more than my fill of Streep when she did her thick fake accent in "Holocaust."

Old 12-23-2017, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I got more than my fill of Streep when she did her thick fake accent in "Holocaust."
Didn’t like that film, huh!! LMAO

Can’t say that I’m surprised.

Old 12-23-2017, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strad View Post
Do you people really want a government that can do whatever it wants, even illegal activities, with impunity?
To reporters? Sure.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:09 AM

So people with no education to speak of -- people who, if they studied anything at all, majored in journalism, film, or theater -- that is to say, reporters, Hollywood actors, Hollywood directors -- are going to enlighten me?

Mm. I don't think so.

If I want to be enlightened, I read good books.

History, philosophy, literature. Art, music, science.

I seek out both sides in various controversies.

I don't need Stephen Spielberg and Meryl Streep to clue me in to, well, really, anything.

I don't need journalists -- who are told what to write -- to mis-inform me.

Other than taking a casual interest in finding out what noise is being made at the moment, I pay them no attention.

I don't need to see movies that, again, must satisfy lowest-common-denominator consumer tastes and politically acceptable messaging (by Hollywood and New York standards) to inform me of anything other than what the lie du jour happens to be.

That lie will, in most cases, be what the lie has been for the last twenty, thirty, forty, who knows how many years.

Been there, done that.

Last edited by dechatelet; 12-23-2017 at 02:49 AM..

Old 12-23-2017, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Didn’t like that film, huh!! LMAO

Can’t say that I’m surprised.
I liked it.

I just didn't like the lead over-actors.

At one point, Streep made me think of a wet sponge.

You wanted to wring her out, but drop a pan on the floor first.

And then there was James Woods. I won't even comment on him.

The most ludicrous scene is where two prisoners are hung by their hands, which are tied behind their backs, in such a way that if it were really happening, their shoulders would be dislocated, and they would be in terrible agony.

So there they are, suspended next to each other, and they're chit chatting with each other.

Typical Hollywood crap.

Last edited by dechatelet; 12-23-2017 at 02:48 AM..

Old 12-23-2017, 03:39 AM

23,130 posts, read 12,248,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...just amazing.

Yeah, she’s in great movies, but she just sucks in them. You know, she ruined The Deer Hunter, Bridges of Madison County and Kramer vs Kramer! Those films would’ve been better without her.

No wonder they all flopped.
A typical 'don't think for yourself, you have to think the way that I do' response...locksteplockstep

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies