Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 09:00 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,257,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Half of Americans hate America, why shouldn't everyone else?
And yet, they keep coming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 09:00 AM

2,414 posts, read 2,987,138 times
We're certainly not the leader of the free world anymore. If we're going to be isolationists now, why do we allow the government to steal our taxes to pay for our enormous military? Instead of worrying about pennies going to widows and orphans, we should be demanding a reduction in our military and the taxes that pay for it.

Old 12-21-2017, 09:09 AM

833 posts, read 520,605 times
First of all, who cares? Second, it has nothing to do with Trump, but rather it's social media that's tearing apart the fabric of society all across the globe. Images of America were once relegated to hearsay, fantasy, photography, and news reports. Dreaming of a visit to the USA was a big deal. Now you can see anything you want with the click of a mouse or the swipe of a phone screen - and LIVE if you want. There is no mystery to anything anymore. And let's not forget that anyone can put forth an opinion or propaganda or facts and easily sway millions in a matter of minutes.

Social media is the downfall of society, not any politician or country.

Old 12-21-2017, 09:11 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
And yet, they keep coming.
Mostly the poor for our generous welfare programs.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:12 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
I am not a globalist...so I don't really care what other countries think about the USA.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:45 AM

716 posts, read 393,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
As long as we are a blind, rich, 'sugar daddy'; everybody loves us! Once we say you have to work for a living or conform; we lose popularity! How dare we demand loyalty or respect!
Regarding the OP's point, Republicans couldn't careless what the world thinks.

It's so sad tbat Republicans demand loyalty and respect of the racist in the WH instead of America, but that's what cultists do...

Old 12-21-2017, 11:35 AM

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times
I would care if I thought that the people answering these polls knew even remotely what they are talking about.

Old 12-21-2017, 11:50 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,133,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
[/u][/i][/b]Regarding the OP's point, Republicans couldn't careless what the world thinks.

It's so sad tbat Republicans demand loyalty and respect of the racist in the WH instead of America, but that's what cultists do...
No! Cultist demand loyalty and they have no plan of their own other than: I hate Trump! Tell us how you would make America better for Americans and legal immigrants. Then come back tell us how racist we are! By the way; you did not notice that more Blacks, Hispanics and other minority's are now working since President Trump took office? You can shout all you want; but look at the results. Obama had eight years and he did not do for the minorities what Trump has accomplished in one year. Perhaps you should rethink who is really a 'racist'! Just because you are Black or another minority dies not mean that you cannot be a racist!

Old 12-21-2017, 12:09 PM

19,626 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Interesting how it fell that far in just one year. It couldn't be that they are scared of us having some backbone finally.

I would care what they thought of us if I believed they had our interests in mind at all, as we have always had to appease theirs. I don't even buy it when foreigners say they feel bad for us, it's not like Trump was appointed king, we elected him.

Much of the time when I have travelled I felt although people were nice and friendly, underneath they wanted something from the American, if only to take a little passive aggressive shot at the US, and there are many stories where this bears out to be true. We as Americans really ought to try to work it out between ourselves, because if we end up in trouble no one will really be there to help us, not without us suffering a great deal for it.

I don't believe anyone out in the "global community" ever gave one damn about us except for what they can get from us.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:20 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Really? Who gives a s***?

IF you care about this country then you should.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies