Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 08:53 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
no, a salvation army worker rings a bell.

It is no surprise the CBO would score it as negatively as possible since it was a GOP backed bill and they lean left(spare me the garbage about them being non-partisan when they clearly arent in their actions) and the leftist MSM would trumpet that negativity because thats what they do.
Precisely. I find it amusing that most of the media criticism of the tax plan is based on the supposed “expiration” of individual tax reductions in 2026. Do these people really believe that any politicians in their right minds will not make the lower rates permanent?

The whole tactic is analogous to a doctor saying “yes, sure we’ve fixed your broken arm, but it’s hardly worth it, since in another nine years you’ll probably just fracture the damn thing again!”

Old 12-23-2017, 08:56 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No surprise. Trump is an extremely unlikable person. He's got the flunkies and the cult and that's it.

What kind of 'president,' after getting his legislation passed and his butt kissed by all the empty suits in his party, then gets up the next day, two days before Christmas, and whines, and whines and whines like a child about how "he is not getting enough credit for anything and not getting enough air time on tv."

A pathetically superficial immature self-centered 'president.'

Poor little Richy Rich in his 5-star pay-to-play resort on the ocean! Nobody is lauding him or giving him the praise he deserves. Donny One-percenter thinks he only got coal in his stocking, which should make him happy--he loves coal.

He just gave himself and his family a massive Christmas bonus--they will gain a great deal of money from his tax plan. Heavens forbid he think of those less fortunate than himself at Christmas time. That would be far too much to ask of the golfer in chief, now spending his 107th day on vacation at one of his own properties, courtesy of the USA tax paying sucker.

It's so much more fun to pout and sulk and insult people for not recognizing his --lol-- 'greatness.'

This guy is truly a pathetic putz and has only increased the disdain of the American public for him. Nothing there to respect. Really sickening display of behavior of a person unfit for the office.

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/these-t...im-out-7678341
As long as he operates within the law, doesn't compromise national security, doesn't commit a "impeachable" offense, I'm good with it.

I realize that all you have is to insult him on his wealth, as he is doing a pretty good job so nothing to report that matters for your side.

Geesh, you think that Trump pouts and insults people? You need to read your own posts!

Polling, yet again, for those that can't "google": https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/21/o...h-polling.html

I suppose it is better to clutch onto these polls rather than face the grim realities, so can you really blame them with the party in shambles and the fact that Trump gains more support each day?

Old 12-23-2017, 08:58 AM

25,574 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
How about the CBO report have you read it? Does 1.4 Trillion in added debt ring any bells?
It should! After all there is not one single interested soul in America who has not read about "the 1.5 trillion dollar tax cut". Democrats and the media made sure of that. Most people think the debt was assumed yesterday.

But consider this:
The 1.5 trillion is over 10 years.
Today, the GDP is 17 trillion and the debt is 19 trillion.
In 10 years - at 3% - the GDP will be 25.5 trillion. And the debt will be 20.5 trillion. And THAT is assuming the tax changes result in no significant growth.

So which economy would you rather live in?

Old 12-23-2017, 09:00 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
No surprise. Trump is an extremely unlikable person. He's got the flunkies and the cult and that's it.

What kind of 'president,' after getting his legislation passed and his butt kissed by all the empty suits in his party, then gets up the next day, two days before Christmas, and whines, and whines and whines like a child about how "he is not getting enough credit for anything and not getting enough air time on tv."

A pathetically superficial immature self-centered 'president.'

Poor little Richy Rich in his 5-star pay-to-play resort on the ocean! Nobody is lauding him or giving him the praise he deserves. Donny One-percenter thinks he only got coal in his stocking, which should make him happy--he loves coal.

He just gave himself and his family a massive Christmas bonus--they will gain a great deal of money from his tax plan. Heavens forbid he think of those less fortunate than himself at Christmas time. That would be far too much to ask of the golfer in chief, now spending his 107th day on vacation at one of his own properties, courtesy of the USA tax paying sucker.

It's so much more fun to pout and sulk and insult people for not recognizing his --lol-- 'greatness.'

This guy is truly a pathetic putz and has only increased the disdain of the American public for him. Nothing there to respect. Really sickening display of behavior of a person unfit for the office.

https://www.elitedaily.com/p/these-t...im-out-7678341
You haters are the true pathetics with your nonstop bashing and juvenile name-calling. Do you folks even listen to yourselves? You guys sound so bitter and hateful. I’d like to know what exactly Trump has done to you liberals that makes you so contemptible. Just tell me one thing he has done. Just one.

I am glad he speaks up for himself against the biased liberal media. When they are act as a propaganda for the Left and demonize him and the Republicans unrelentlessly like vicious attack dogs, someone has to let Americans hear the other side of the story.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:05 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
2 people that were indicted for stuff that happened under Obama/Mueller/Holder/Lynch/Comey while working with the DNC and Podesta brothers in the Ukraine. Did you get that? Nothing to do with Trump at all and EVERYTHING to do with the people I mentioned. The 2 guilty pleas were for low level "lying" which is a process crime. Flynn didn't even do anything illegal that he was accused of lying about. Comey was going to let him go because he felt it wasn't a lie, it was just not clear. Mueller decided to charge him for basically nothing just to keep the dog and pony show alive for the peanut gallery.

Nothing like alternative facts to get you through the night. You make me laugh.

Old 12-23-2017, 09:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
I didnt deny it either, your point?
You are arguing that the CBO has made this look negative where the deficit is concerned. There is no way to make it look good.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:09 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,597,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You are arguing that the CBO has made this look negative where the deficit is concerned. There is no way to make it look good.

the leftist MSM are only pushing these negative points they dont mention that the majority of Americans are receiving a tax cut. Personally the tax cut doesn't affect me all that much since I make more than 10k a month anyhow. Its the AMT I wanted to see go away entirely.

For the MSM to only talk about the deficit and not about easing the tax burden on most Americans is fake news at best.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:11 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
the leftist MSM ...
There is no leftist MSM. People who make that claim only reveal how out of touch they have become out on the lunatic fringe.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
There is no leftist MSM. People who make that claim only reveal how out of touch they have become out on the lunatic fringe.
What rock have you been hiding under?
You cannot be serious.

The only one not holding water for the loony left, is Fox and the reason they are on top.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
the leftist MSM are only pushing these negative points they dont mention that the majority of Americans are receiving a tax cut. Personally the tax cut doesn't affect me all that much since I make more than 10k a month anyhow. Its the AMT I wanted to see go away entirely.
I do not care what the MSM is doing. The tax cuts are simply putting the debt off on future generations. That is wrong.

Are you arguing it is ok?

Quote:
For the MSM to only talk about the deficit and not about easing the tax burden on most Americans is fake news at best.
How about talking about how we want things but don't want to pay for them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies