Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 08:16 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
More like conservative values mean get off your A$s and chip in. Another is donating your time and money to charity.

Not everyone thinks take take take, give me half of your stuff or we'll riot.
The one side of the argument has been intelligently presented and not disputed by anyone. There simply is NOT enough well paying jobs for everyone. Fact.

You are stuck with hyperbole.

How is my argument that we need to demand the billions back from the banks that they owe us before handing out bonuses and $20 million dollar salaries, demanding anything other than what the taxpayers are owed?

Why should we continue to make sure the few can continue to do this while telling the waitress and ditch digger, too bad?

Old 12-23-2017, 08:16 AM

50,275 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Where the Dems went wrong is when they started introducing those programs to illegals and their spawn. If they had kept those benefits and tweaked them some for AMERICANS ONLY, there would be more Dem voters. So sick of paying for EVERYONE ELSE.
Exactly

Right now we have a huge homeless problem and the libs are talking DACA.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Where the Dems went wrong is when they started introducing those programs to illegals and their spawn. If they had kept those benefits and tweaked them some for AMERICANS ONLY, there would be more Dem voters. So sick of paying for EVERYONE ELSE.
Allowing children to starve is after all what a Christian country should do, right?

Old 12-23-2017, 08:19 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
WTH would that have to do with financial planning and Trump? Finances != your health.

If I am stricken with cancer I'm not going to try and blame it on something like my govt.

What's the saying, the world needs ditch diggers too.
Did I say the government is to blame for pancreatic cancer? Why no. No I didn't.

What is has to do with planning is that no human plan is safe from being destroyed by unforeseen circumstances - **** absolutely does happen. Planning is good, and I've done a lot of it myself, but only an idiot believes that his/her plans can't be derailed by forces beyond his/her control.

And what it has to with Trump in particular is that in spite of his promises to protect SS and Medicare, the tax bill that he just signed into law won't pencil out over the long term without significant reductions in spending, and Ryan has made it clear that he intends to find those savings by cutting SS and Medicare, and I'm pretty sure he'd still like to wipe out the ACA as well.

For years, the number one cause of bankruptcy has been catastrophic medical bills - you know, the bills that insurance won't pay. That is what health has to do with finances, and you are a ****-poor planner if you haven't thought about that.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:20 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Um no
Um, yes.

You have people paying 100 times more in Federal income taxes than the average person while using the same government resources, and Democrats say those people are ripping off everyone else. Why? Simply because they have more.

That is a FACT.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:20 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Allowing children to starve is after all what a Christian country should do, right?
Let their OWN COUNTRY provide for them. We have our own impoverished people to take care of.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:21 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No children in the US are starving to death outside of child abuse.

The US has a childhood obesity problem.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:22 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,926 times
The man in the OP's story worked 29 years at a big corporation and didn't have any savings ?
Did all those people in the article not save and relied on a company pension ?

Those weren't min wage jobs here but decent paying jobs.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Let their OWN COUNTRY provide for them. We have our own impoverished people to take care of.
The children of illegals that are able to access benefits are citizens of this country like it or not. You can only access these benefits if your children were born here.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:23 AM

50,275 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Did I say the government is to blame for pancreatic cancer? Why no. No I didn't.

What is has to do with planning is that no human plan is safe from being destroyed by unforeseen circumstances - **** absolutely does happen. Planning is good, and I've done a lot of it myself, but only an idiot believes that his/her plans can't be derailed by forces beyond his/her control.

And what it has to with Trump in particular is that in spite of his promises to protect SS and Medicare, the tax bill that he just signed into law won't pencil out over the long term without significant reductions in spending, and Ryan has made it clear that he intends to find those savings by cutting SS and Medicare, and I'm pretty sure he'd still like to wipe out the ACA as well.

For years, the number one cause of bankruptcy has been catastrophic medical bills - you know, the bills that insurance won't pay. That is what health has to do with finances, and you are a ****-poor planner if you haven't thought about that.
Here's my advice. If you have "catastrophic" medical bills hire a professional to dig you out. Trust me, there are ways to avoid clearing out your bank account.

Or you can be a moron and just be broke. It won't matter to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies