Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 07:59 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
It is also a protest against "fake reviews" as the reviews of last jedi are at 94% positive and the audience is at 50%. This is a legitimate concern. I watched three movies this weekend that were critics favorites. They were all horrible and Amazon reflects that I am not alone in my thinking.
I have found that whatever the self proclaimed self important "critics" say, it usually means the opposite for the movie in question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2017, 08:01 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
You know that these " alt right trolls" are just paid drones working for Disney to generate controversy and get media attention for an otherwise boring movie, right? Fake racism, fake sexism, fake news.
I have to admit though that I look at every single character and robot in the new movies and just... zzzzzzz.......
You mean like the ones for Rogue One right? Rogue One had similar complaints last year.
Why some Trump supporters are boycotting the new 'Star Wars' movie - Business Insider
Star Wars: Donald Trump statements not included in Rogue One | EW.com
Rogue One: Alt-right supporters create #DumpStarWars to boycott film | The Independent
'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' is anti-Trump, so people are boycotting it? Please. - The San Diego Union-Tribune

Old 12-25-2017, 09:17 AM

18,559 posts, read 7,362,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
If "women and minorities are capable of being leaders and doing great things" is a social justice warrior thing, then we're in a lot more trouble than I thought. It's almost 2018, folks. This shouldn't be controversial.
Why would the year be relevant? And why are you still using the misleading term "minorities"? If you mean "non-whites", say "non-whites". Stop promoting the lie that whites are a numerically and therefore politically dominant group in this world. Whites are about 12% of the world's population. Whites are "minorities". And so are men, compared to women, since women outnumber them.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
While this may seem petty, it does go to show that the alt-right and white nationalist/supremacist movements do not value women as being equal to men, and that a woman's proper place is in the kitchen so to speak.

I've stated this before and some didn't believe me, but it's something I've seen on forums I've investigated years ago.

Alt-right trolls wage war on
Typical alt-right loons. Good thing Steve Bannon gave them a place to congregate in Breibart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Seems like nearly everything being produced for film and TV has a social justice message from the loons.
or FOR the alt-right loons who see everything as a social justice message. What tripe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
OP is right. Glad to someone else studied this issue. Shouldn't be surprising that they would attack strong women figures like the ones in movies as much of the Alt-Right's young male following came about as a result of Gamergate.

No women on here would defend them if they were exposed to the mindset. This has nothing to do with M/F traditional roles (I personally don't have an issue with that myself). I have been exposed to the Alt Right enough to know that they feel women are sub human. Even the women they have relationships with they refer to as "breeding sows". All you have to do is visit their forums to see I am right.

For some odd reason a thread was shut down about Alt Right women who are now admitting this and are saying they are being trolled themselves. Not sure why it should be controversial that they are attacking their own women. Anyone who has read their forums even briefly should know what they are dealing with
I've seen the complaints of the alt-right women who seem shocked that they are being treated like chit by the alt-right men. Me - I say they should have seen it coming.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:30 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Star Wars ended in 1983.

Garbage not worthy of its name since then.
Agreed.

Though I do appreciate some of the dazzling special effects in the new movies that weren't possible in the late 70s early 80s.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:33 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You have made it clear that YOU do not value women as equal to men. That's what you're doing when you denigrate the things that women disproportionately do (and like to do), like cooking.

Now, how about some evidence to back up your claim that "white nationalist/supremacist" people share your views?
Wow. It's 2017 and people believe women are biologically programmed to like cooking and housework.

Do women like it or are they just doing it out of obligation?

Old 12-25-2017, 09:41 AM

3,187 posts, read 1,507,450 times
I am going to post this article in case anyone is interested. It's very comprehensive and explains that negativity toward women was integral to the rise of the Alt-Right. Not minorities - but superiority over women has been it's driving force and how it has indoctrinated young men in the numbers we are seeing today. I have been watching this unfold for years. It's actually worse than I originally thought.

How the alt-right’s sexism lures men into white supremacy
The movement’s many online communities prey on male insecurity to advance a racist political agenda

But one foundational aspect of the alt-right’s various belief systems has been significantly downplayed following the election — even though it may be the key to understanding the movement’s racist, white nationalist agenda. While it’s true that the movement is most frequently described in terms of the self-stated, explicit white supremacy that defines many of its corners, for many of its members, the gateway drug that led them to join the alt-right in the first place wasn’t racist rhetoric but rather sexism: extreme misogyny evolving from male bonding gone haywire.

https://www.vox.com/culture/2016/12/...sm-recruitment

Old 12-25-2017, 09:45 AM

587 posts, read 304,635 times
More cia bots following clapper and brennans appearance on cnn

spam bots

Old 12-25-2017, 09:55 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Does Spock come back to life in this one too?

Old 12-25-2017, 10:36 AM

6,734 posts, read 4,413,618 times
I saw the first one back in the 70's. Do the newer ones have Luke Skywalker texting while driving his speeder. Or maybe by then they learned to outlaw that behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies