Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 10:57 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall;50505579[B
]Guaranteed student loans + no vetting process (anybody is approved) = bubble.
[/b]
The government, did, in fact, force mortgage lenders to provide loans to unqualified applicants. I remember clearly in the mid 90s friends in the mortgage industry worried that they were being told that qualification standards did not apply to certain demographics.

Abuse of deregulation is a 2 way street. Nobody forced anyone to take out a mortgage or student loan they couldn't afford.

A "good" education is NOT the same thing as a college degree. A master HVAC tech has a better education than someone with an MFA.

There's affordable housing if you're willing to sacrifice. When I graduated from college with a degree in Comp Sci, I shared a small house (1,200 sqft) with 3 roommates and worked a part time job as a security guard. That opportunity is still very viable, yet everyone thinks they deserve to make $100K right out of college and live alone in a 3,000 ft house. It's about choices. And having a part time job is apparently fodder for humor these days.

I could go on and refute every single item you posted, but nothing is going to change your mind. You've bought the liberal talking points hook, line and sinker.
You are thinking way to simple. Who said we should pay for student loans, I say college education should be affordable and not be a for profit business, too many equate paying more is better which benefits the elites. People who are responsible and go to community college to not end up in debt, end up at a disadvantage in the job world due to not having gone to a private institution. I personally would rather my taxes pay for higher education and or trade schools. To me that equates to a healthier, smarter society. If that is too progressive for you, lets turn to student loan debt, like with most laws there will be rules laid out correct? A max cap depending on career field, one year liberal arts for people to feel for what they want to do in life, standardized test for enrollment just like on a high school level. there wouldn't be a free for all, but an opportunity for all. Invest in our future, that is our kids. Every cent towards that is worth it.

Please show me articles of the government forcing mortgage lenders to give loans to unqualified applicants. Unless you are talking about discrimination, in which case it was proven that minorities were receiving higher interest rates than their counterparts. Which is why Wells Fargo and I believe Bank of America was sued by the DOJ.

Like i said this is where the youth vote comes in. Im not sure how old you are however, how much did you ay for your home and at what age? Many young adults also have 4-5 roommates, many young adults are bartending on the side while still in school. Where are people getting off that young adults aren't working hard and or entitled? But hey lets ignore the income disparities that continue to rise, inflation and stagnant wages.

and go ahead refute, Im still waiting for why you support the military industrial complex and find nothing wrong with liquor and tobacco consumption but turn your nose up to marijuanna that has medicinal qualities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2017, 10:59 AM

1,721 posts, read 1,148,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
A disproportionate amount of Americans currently pay zero taxes. Zero. Zilch. Nada. None. I assumed that we mutually knew that heading into this discussion. How do you propose then that this disproportionate population of non-paying Americans contribute toward universal healthcare?
Everyone pays taxes. You mean income taxes?

If a person has any legit job at some point in life they paid taxes on their income, which went to medicare. A disproportionate amount of Americans are paying into something they may never receive either due to death or wealth.

Old 12-26-2017, 11:01 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Why don't you answer the question on the thread asking the Republicans a similar question? Funny how you say people are deflecting here and then do exactly the same on another thread, there is a word for that, starts with an H.............
No sequitur. Republicans have won control of the government.

And more importantly the topic is about the Democrats. It's right there in the title.

So I ask you the question. What will Democrats do to win elections in the future?

Old 12-26-2017, 11:05 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,377 times
They are willing to shut down the govt for a bunch of illegals...who would vote for that?

Old 12-26-2017, 11:07 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
No sequitur. Republicans have won control of the government.

And more importantly the topic is about the Democrats. It's right there in the title.

So I ask you the question. What will Democrats do to win elections in the future?
So sorry, but it is very relevant when it comes to your posting "style". Good you know that fact, now you do know that whatever goes right AND wrong is on the Republicans and trump, that is how it works.

As I said, you seem to be selective in what is in a thread title, that is a known fact.

Not being Republicans or trump minions is going to be plenty for many voters, watch and learn.

Old 12-26-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiedog9 View Post
They are willing to shut down the govt for a bunch of illegals...who would vote for that?
Considering who the illegals are, yes, they would vote for that, the majority support DACA or don't you know that?

Old 12-26-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
So sorry, but it is very relevant when it comes to your posting "style".
So you don't have an answer to the very simple question. "What will Democrats do to start winning elections" and instead try to make it about me yet again.

This point proved again.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/50505668-post62.html

Old 12-26-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
So you don't have an answer to the very simple question. "What will Democrats do to start winning elections" and instead try to make it about me yet again.

This point proved again.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/50505668-post62.html

You answered a question with a question, nope does not pass the smell test.
Yes, unlike You, I did answer your question, unfortunately my post must have triggered you and you could not actually read my entire short reply to you. Poor thing, awwww

Old 12-26-2017, 11:21 AM

Quote:
You answered a question with a question, nope does not pass the smell test.
Yes, unlike You, I did answer your question, unfortunately my post must have triggered you and you could not actually read my entire short reply to you. Poor thing, awwww
Nope

So .....

What will Democrats do to start winning elections?

<crickets>

Old 12-26-2017, 11:21 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Nope

So .....

What will Democrats do to start winning elections?

<crickets>
What did they do in New Jersey? Virginia? Alabama?

They should keep doing it - whatever it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies