Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it morally acceptable to receive money you didn’t earn?
Yes 58 68.24%
No 22 25.88%
I don’t know. 5 5.88%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 08:39 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times

Advertisements

I guess I am ok... I took the money that my grandfather left me. ( He's not a stranger.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 01:18 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Good backdoor unemployment/food stamp thread
Yup, the first thing that crossed my mind when I read the original post and thread title.

A thinly veiled bait thread against those who collect any sort of government benefits, especially welfare/food stamps.

OP can deny this until hell freezes over, but why else post this in the politics section of the forum. If it was just a straight philosophical/ethical question about receiving money one didn't earn, the thread could easily have been posted in more relevant forum sections such as great debates.

Old 12-29-2017, 02:06 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Yup, the first thing that crossed my mind when I read the original post and thread title.

A thinly veiled bait thread against those who collect any sort of government benefits, especially welfare/food stamps.

OP can deny this until hell freezes over, but why else post this in the politics section of the forum. If it was just a straight philosophical/ethical question about receiving money one didn't earn, the thread could easily have been posted in more relevant forum sections such as great debates.
If that's the case, it's not working well for him.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:36 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Imagine what would happen if we ALL, every single one of us on the planet "gives" more money in charity within his/her means, instead of always looking to "receive and get more"?

I guess there won't be many receivers left, many homeless left, many starving left, and many medically uninsured etc left.

It all boils down to human nature, our wishes and our wants - that seems to have no limit once we take this route of having "more".

Perhaps a good balance is required by ALL where we should focus a lot more on giving than receiving.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:25 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Sure.

And any CD member that wants to send me some cash, I’ll provide you all the information you need to do so.

As you were...

Old 12-29-2017, 08:32 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Imagine what would happen if we ALL, every single one of us on the planet "gives" more money in charity within his/her means, instead of always looking to "receive and get more"?

I guess there won't be many receivers left, many homeless left, many starving left, and many medically uninsured etc left.

It all boils down to human nature, our wishes and our wants - that seems to have no limit once we take this route of having "more".

Perhaps a good balance is required by ALL where we should focus a lot more on giving than receiving.
Charity has never made any meaningful impact while capitalism lifted billions out of poverty.

Say what you want about capitalism and their greed, today everything is afforded to us by those greedy capitalists.

Look after yourself and your own family first. The vast majority of us can’t even do that but so many of you think you can fix other people’s problem.

Good grief!

Old 12-29-2017, 09:16 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Charity has never made any meaningful impact
lol

Old 12-29-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
lol
LOL.

Has charity lifted any country out of poverty ever?

Capitalism has transformed many countries like China from a leftist **** hole to the major power of the world. In China alone, that is a billion people out of poverty. India isn’t far behind.

There is no better example than China to demonstrate both the evil of the left and the great success of capitalism.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:22 AM

3,909 posts, read 2,120,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
LOL.

Has charity lifted any country out of poverty ever?

Capitalism has transformed many countries like China from a leftist **** hole to the major power of the world. In China alone, that is a billion people out of poverty. India isn’t far behind.

There is no better example than China to demonstrate both the evil of the left and the great success of capitalism.
I'm still awaiting a explanation of how Saudi Arabia is a liberal country.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I'm still awaiting a explanation of how Saudi Arabia is a liberal country.
What defines the left? It’s totalitarian and government control - state ownership of property including each individual.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Saudi_Arabia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies