Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 11:55 AM

16,588 posts, read 8,605,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockruhtese View Post
The Superbowl will have 100 million viewers. And all of you will be watching too.
Rest assured this long time football fan will not be watching. Sure I might tune in occasionally to see what the score is, but my interest in the sport has gone down dramatically. I cannot support ungrateful ingrates that disrespect our country, military, police and it's fans.
Add to that the racial overtones of some of these black players who have racial chips on their shoulders about how evil whitey is, and I am finally done.
Had the NFL not worried about the PC crap and demanded the black players stop this false narrative, most would have fallen in line.
I could have at least then blamed the individual players themselves, and not held the NFL responsible. However their fear led the NFL to appease the players, and turn off long term fans, many forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
BS. The NFL is smart in rescheduling the game to a different time, it is about revenue through viewers and it was a meaningless game to be on at that time.
The NFL will do just fine.
Actually, they have once again screwed over fans by doing this. I had my last season tickets sold, and was going to deliver them tomorrow.
The guy just called me to say that the NFL moved the time, and now he cannot go because he would then miss a New Years Eve party. I cannot blame him, but now I must scramble to find someone else to by my expensive tickets.
The price will undoubtedly be lower this close to the game and with a later start time that many people cannot go to for the same reason this guy gave.

So the last game of my final season tickets will be another slap in the face to a long term fan who supported the team for decades.

`

Old 12-29-2017, 11:59 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Most NFL player have completed at least some college. They are actually more educated and better suited to succeed than most conservatives in our country.. They'll be just fine...
Ever look up the % of former NFL / NBA players who file bankruptcy?

Better do that, and then re-think your statement.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:01 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
To the imbecile players just keep insulting your customers. I hope you all have enough skills to work at McDonalds

NFL Cancels Final Sunday Night Football Game
None of that makes any sense.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:02 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Rest assured this long time football fan will not be watching. Sure I might tune in occasionally to see what the score is, but my interest in the sport has gone down dramatically. I cannot support ungrateful ingrates that disrespect our country, military, police and it's fans.
Add to that the racial overtones of some of these black players who have racial chips on their shoulders about how evil whitey is, and I am finally done.

Good for you. As for me, I'll watch enough for us both.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:08 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
BS. The NFL is smart in rescheduling the game to a different time, it is about revenue through viewers and it was a meaningless game to be on at that time.
The NFL will do just fine.

They're losing revenue and viewers. Will they collapse,of course not but they will see a financial loss in the coming years. Between the political BS,endless tv time outs (if you're not at the games you probably don't notice as much),the horrendous refereeing,Thursday night games and the London games.

I've been a season ticket holder for years and use to look forward to Sundays and going to the games but I'll be canceling my tickets after this season. There are many long time season ticket holders around me doing the same and for the same reasons. I haven't watched a Thursday night game in years and most players hate them too. Play on Sunday with one day off and only two days to prep for a Thursday night game usually means injuries and a boring game. Living in AZ I'm sure not getting up early on Sunday to watch a London game that starts at 6:00am! Besides almost every one of those games are a complete blowout.

Of course the Super Bowl will be watched by millions but unless your teams in it how many people are really paying attention to the game? Most are there for the party and socializing and may catch a few plays throughout the game. The numbers don't lie,tv rating are down and overall revenue is low.

Old 12-29-2017, 01:42 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,206,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Had the NFL not worried about the PC crap and demanded the black players stop this false narrative, most would have fallen in line.
I could have at least then blamed the individual players themselves, and not held the NFL responsible. However their fear led the NFL to appease the players, and turn off long term fans, many forever.

Actually, they have once again screwed over fans by doing this. I had my last season tickets sold, and was going to deliver them tomorrow.
The guy just called me to say that the NFL moved the time, and now he cannot go because he would then miss a New Years Eve party. I cannot blame him, but now I must scramble to find someone else to by my expensive tickets.
The price will undoubtedly be lower this close to the game and with a later start time that many people cannot go to for the same reason this guy gave.

So the last game of my final season tickets will be another slap in the face to a long term fan who supported the team for decades.

`
The flex time rules existed long before this year. Not to mention that there is no evening game. So I'm calling BS on the claim that a game time change is preventing someone from attending a NYE party.

NFL Flexible Scheduling

Old 12-29-2017, 01:52 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
The NFL can kill itself for all I care.

First, they've ruined the act of watching a game of football by turning 15 minutes of real action in a 1-hour game into a 3-hour commercial-ridden festival of greed and idiocy. Nothing in my life changes if "the home team" wins or loses "the big game," and I'm not going to sit there for 3 hours watching what could be summed up in a highlight reel.

More importantly, however, is the League's staggering hypocrisy. They will tolerate ANY bad behavior if it makes a buck, and yet dare pass themselves off as "real patriots" and some sort of warped guardians of "real 'merican values." Please... let's take a very quick look at what the League happily tolerates if it brings in money:
- Ray Rice punching out his fiance
- Ray Lewis stabbing somebody
- Mike Vick, a disgusting thug who enjoyed watching dogs kill each for sport - rehired by the NFL right after he got out of prison.
- Deflategate = cheating is OK, if it makes "The Big Game" exciting.
- The concussion and brain damage scandal, hidden by the League for years

And that's just off the top of my head based on local "legends" who are all thugs. You can no doubt add countless more examples to this list, and yet these money-grubbing goons pretend to be "patriotic."

The final nail is the coffin is their laughable rage against the protesting players while wearing patriotism like a cheap cologne. The NFL has no problem with you punching out a women or killing dogs for fun - if you bring in the money, of course - but if you're a black man who dares to take a knee during the anthem, suddenly they pretend to be outraged and expect us to take them seriously. Please... if the knee-taking nonsense increased their revenue, the NFL would make it mandatory. They are sell-outs, not patriots, and they can fold for all I care.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:37 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,327,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciroccot View Post
. He in turn hijacked the NFL with actions deserving of the caption " Do you hear me now?".
This will always be funny to me. He didn't stop the NFL from doing a single thing. He didn't stop a single fake-patriot from enjoying the song or flag. He didn't halt any NFL operations. You snowflakes have always had option to ignore him and enjoy the game. He didn't "hijack" anything.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:45 PM

843 posts, read 1,431,964 times
The NFL is learning from college football's mistake a few years back. The NCAA put the playoff games on NYE and the ratings sucked even when they were fairly good games.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:51 PM

581 posts, read 456,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Most NFL player have completed at least some college. They are actually more educated and better suited to succeed than most conservatives in our country.. They'll be just fine...
Most NFL players are broke less than five years out of the League. "Completing some college" doesn't mean jack sh*t in a society where they want you to have a Bachelor's Degree to be a secretary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies