Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,528,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Yes, I know, thus my point about the Lord of the Rings being written years ago.

As for your second point about Littlefinger and the brothel, there was far more to sex and nudity to GOT then the brothel. They could have easily added more sex scenes or at least nudity to all the seasons if they wanted to (for instance additional scenes between Jamie and Cersei). They choose not to.
The Brothel was a central location, it had purpose. Main characters visited it, a main character owned it.

Changing the story(again based on a book), only makes sense if it actually helps the story, like making Sansa take the place of fake Arya.

creating a new brothel( which again, with the Faith militant, wouldnt have even been possible till this season) wouldnt help move the story along in anyway.

As for Jamie and Cersei, in the books, they have grown apart and he is thinking of leaving her just as he did at the end of this season. They have likely already had sex for the last time in the books and the same is now true in the show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 02:07 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times
In 2017 network tv and it's advertisers have flooded their broadcasts with large number of blacks, interracial couples, and interracial children. What are they up to?
Diversity, direct marketing, or some other hidden agenda?
If Diversity is their quest then they are off their target. In the US the white/black ratio is about 5:1. Yet on the morning network news the news readers are mostly women and mostly black. The white male is a rarity. If diversity, then where are the Native Americans, Hispanics, Asians, etc.?
Could they be directing sales to blacks? Why focus advertising on a minority? Why spend a boatload of money on advertising on the lessor number of people?
What to do you think the tv networks that are owned and operated by private corporations are up to by featuring so many blacks in lieu of other races?

At night I like to sit down hand watch a funny sitcom. It seems the funny sitcom has been replaced with politically motivated garbage that seeks to promote groups such as blacks, LGBT, and other controversial subjects. i.e., black-ish, that usually starts with, "...us black people...or, white people just don't get it...etc" is reverse racism. Or Superior Donuts that features a young black man from the hood who is portrayed to have the wisdom of the ages. By his own words he refers to his boss as an "old jew" but the old jew doesn't get upset he owns it and says he is an "cheap old jew."
For the past twenty years tv has cast blacks in positions of authority. Morgan Freedman played God. Gays are cast as talented and wealthy. In The Middle a white working American family is cast as poor and struggling.

I believe there is a deeper motivation for all the blacks now on network tv. I can only guess at what it is, but there is little doubt that the material on network tv does affect our children and grandchildren.

BTW, network tv is rebroadcasting many of the older tv shows. However I have yet to see any Archy Bunker shows or Good Times. Why is that?

Old 12-28-2017, 02:10 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,546 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I can't do what they play on the show cuz I don't watch TV. I can only go by what they are in real life.

Neil Patrick Harris is gay but played a straight guy on How I Met Your Mother. Sara Gilbert is gay but played a straight woman on the show you mentioned Big Bang Theory.

All straight characters aren't played by straight folks either.
Not sure what that really has to do with it though. You said they were over represented. If you dont watch TV or dont want to look at the stats based on characters(OP said characters), then what is the point of posting in a discussion thread ?

Old 12-28-2017, 02:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by este914 View Post
Well, they totally made SW an SJW/PC hugbox. The main character is, of course, a woman that is incredible at everything right out of the box. A total Mary Sue. All the bad guys are straight white men. Whereas the good guys are an amalgamation of every different race/ethnicity there is.

Good video about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPsRp7uUXUk

Also, I especially find it absurd when SJWs and the PC police like to use examples from many decades ago. When the U.S was 90 or so % white.
LMAO...stop it.

The Andy Griffith show was about a Southern town in North Carolina, and there wasn’t a black face to be found on it.

And Griffith was from the poor side of Mt. Airy, North Carolina...the side of town where ALL the black folks lived.

The United States May have been 90% white in many areas, but minorities made up HUGE percentages of the population in other areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I had problems with the movie based on story line merits, not whether or not enough races were represented, so it’s not always that. I am reserving judgement until the next one to see how it all ties together.
Yeah, but the alt-right types ain’t bytching about the story line. They’re mad at a black lead and the potential for a few interracial relationships.

Old 12-28-2017, 02:50 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Not sure what that really has to do with it though. You said they were over represented. If you dont watch TV or dont want to look at the stats based on characters(OP said characters), then what is the point of posting in a discussion thread ?
Because minorities are over represented IMO.

So are attractive people and young people.

Old 12-28-2017, 03:11 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,948,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The OP is probably a Star Wars fanatic! LMAO

I’ve noticed that they’re all up in arms nowadays.

Apparently every liberal on the planet must be a Star Wars fanatic then. Every damn one has been "up in arms" since the election and it is only getting worse. LMAO!!

Old 12-28-2017, 03:33 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
In the western world (which is mostly white) there is a lot of flack for not being "diverse" enough, not having enough non-white characters, lots of flack for beauty standards based off white people etc. etc. Given that depending on what western country you are talking about white people can make up the decent to good majority of people, so why is it somehow inherently bad that white people are portrayed the most in most aspects of society?

Do you think it's bad that if you went to Japan and looked at all their media/film the vast majority of actors are Asian? Or that if you look at their beauty magazines the vast majority are of Asian women? Same for countries like China, Korea etc. Same deal if you go to Africa, pretty sure the vast majority portrayed will be African. Or take India and Bollywood, vast majority of actors are, of course, Indian.

So to me it's just seems ridiculous when non-white people living in predominantly white countries say stuff like "Most of those you see in TV/Movies are white" "Beauty standards have been based off white women" "White people make up the majority of x" etc. etc. etc. Yeah, so? It kind of makes sense all of that will be based off of whoever makes up the majority if not the vast majority of people. That goes for whatever country. Yet apparently only white/western countries get lots of flack for it. Another way to look at it is that I am a woman and a big gamer yet understand why most video games are made for and marketed towards men. So do you think there is something wrong with it? If so, should we not be complaining big time to Japan and China, Korea etc. that they don't advertise a lot more African, Indian and Middle Eastern women? Or even white women for that matter?
Actually, there were many women, blacks, Asians and Latinos who helped settle the West too.

Old 12-28-2017, 03:36 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
In the western world (which is mostly white) there is a lot of flack for not being "diverse" enough, not having enough non-white characters, lots of flack for beauty standards based off white people etc. etc. Given that depending on what western country you are talking about white people can make up the decent to good majority of people, so why is it somehow inherently bad that white people are portrayed the most in most aspects of society?

Do you think it's bad that if you went to Japan and looked at all their media/film the vast majority of actors are Asian? Or that if you look at their beauty magazines the vast majority are of Asian women? Same for countries like China, Korea etc. Same deal if you go to Africa, pretty sure the vast majority portrayed will be African. Or take India and Bollywood, vast majority of actors are, of course, Indian.

So to me it's just seems ridiculous when non-white people living in predominantly white countries say stuff like "Most of those you see in TV/Movies are white" "Beauty standards have been based off white women" "White people make up the majority of x" etc. etc. etc. Yeah, so? It kind of makes sense all of that will be based off of whoever makes up the majority if not the vast majority of people. That goes for whatever country. Yet apparently only white/western countries get lots of flack for it. Another way to look at it is that I am a woman and a big gamer yet understand why most video games are made for and marketed towards men. So do you think there is something wrong with it? If so, should we not be complaining big time to Japan and China, Korea etc. that they don't advertise a lot more African, Indian and Middle Eastern women? Or even white women for that matter?
Here we go again.

A brand new member is already race baiting and trolling.

Please tell us how much is uncle Vlad paying you to do this.

Old 12-28-2017, 03:39 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
It's not bad.

But the way that it has seemingly become fashionable.... almost mandatory, to over represent minorities and LGBT characters and relationships in numbers and frequency that is disproportionate to their actual population in reality is just kind of silly.

It's to the point where it's getting kind of ridiculous.....

If you were an alien judging Earth by looking at our TV shows and movies, you'd think half the planet was gay.

Example: I just watched Atomic Blonde with Charlize Theron who plays sort of a female James Bond.....and of course there's a lesbian scene with her and another character.

Now, don't get me wrong..... Charlize Theron is absolutely gorgeous.... and it doesn't bother me a bit....

But was it really necessary to the plot line?
Are most sex scenes necessary to adventure type movies? I'd say no.

And what is just the right level of representation for non-white, non-male people?

Old 12-28-2017, 03:46 PM

18,458 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Well, they totally made SW an SJW/PC hugbox. The main character is, of course, a woman that is incredible at everything right out of the box. A total Mary Sue. All the bad guys are straight white men. Whereas the good guys are an amalgamation of every different race/ethnicity there is.

Good video about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPsRp7uUXUk

Also, I especially find it absurd when SJWs and the PC police like to use examples from many decades ago. When the U.S was 90 or so % white.
Considering it took place a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away, isn’t the more important question to ask “Why are humans over represented?”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies