Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 10:45 AM

1,675 posts, read 576,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
What a stupid way to run a country.
The video is 9 min, had you watched this video before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 10:55 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Let's be honest......every liberal city and Democrat governors, especially in la-la land California, are fighting Trump on this. They are sheltering and protecting illegals. No so much with Obama.

they declared war on Trump and our federal immigration law enforcement before Trump took the oath of office.

So let's put things into perspective in Trump's first year in office.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
I already posted a video, here is another one explaining why there are less deportations, holding them is more profitable.
There is a ton of money to be made off illegals and as long as that is the case, nothing is going to be done about it.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:35 AM

62,942 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He absolutely did say that and you only have to understand the language to know that's what he said.

See below for a demonstration.

It's just the liberal and ethnocentric interpretation of what he meant. Only an idiot would interpret it to mean Mexicans that are here legally who passed background checks, etc. Since when have they caused any problems?

Old 12-29-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
See that's where your confused and I know it's hard for some of you but I'm not a Liberal. Insane is voting for a angry man child whose a sexist pig for president.

The wall will NEVER happen sorry and yes people will find a way to get over it, around it or under it. Maybe even though it. You underestimate the human spirt.

Ok, you aren't going to listen to reason nor the factual links that I posted on how the good walls already erected have deterred illegal entry immensely. Calling our president by those filthy names says a lot about you also. Bye, welcome to my ignore list.

Old 12-29-2017, 12:26 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well then let's remove any walls around any of our homes and businesses since they don't deter criminals 100%. Liberal logic.

Liberal logic? What happens if you're an independent and you believe a wall is a waste of money What if you want all of the illegals from all of the countries to stop coming here? Is that liberal logic or just common sense

(Ps I have a fence to keep my dogs from pooping on the neighbors lawns, not to keep criminals out. They will find a way in if they want too bad enough. Damn pretty expensive fence too. )

Old 12-29-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Liberal logic? What happens if you're an independent and you believe a wall is a waste of money What if you want all of the illegals from all of the countries to stop coming here? Is that liberal logic or just common sense

(Ps I have a fence to keep my dogs from pooping on the neighbors lawns, not to keep criminals out. They will find a way in if they want too bad enough. Damn pretty expensive fence too. )

I'm sure there are some independents and Republicans who object to the wall also but it is mostly bleeding heart liberals and especially ethnocentrics that do. If any of them had any sense without an agenda they'd research the facts about how the good walls do work but they're not interested in the facts.

Fences and walls do deter unwanted entry aside from your doggy story. There will always be people determined enough to try but the majority won't. What part of that aren't you getting?

Old 12-29-2017, 03:29 PM

1,675 posts, read 576,711 times
The problem is this current useless logic or like david graeber says: it is like paying somebody to continually take out buckets of water from a leaky roof instead of fixing the damaged roof which is what needs to be done. The same problem exist in the health system [or everywhere for that matter], there's no interest in making people healthy but managing the disease is more profitable.

In a world where goods can flow freely, where violence and wars continue to increase and workers rights dismantled for the sake of corporations, it is no surprise people would escape the worst areas to go some place better; IT'S HUMAN NATURE. The only solutions is to improve social issues everywhere, but that is not good for shareholders profits, they'll rather start wwIII than let people have a decent living, and so the ravaging economic system over human rights continue.

These simple words will get you killed in poor countries, so talking about respecting border laws is plain foolish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjM81tYBew4

Old 12-29-2017, 03:36 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best,” he said in the same speech. “They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Donald Trump: All the Times He's Insulted Mexico | Time
Believe what you want. He was speaking of those who cross the border illegally, and he was absolutely right. Ask anyone who lives near the border. They know he was right. If they aren't criminals, why are they coming in illegally?

You know he's right. You just can't admit it.

Old 12-29-2017, 03:39 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Believe what you want. He was speaking of those who cross the border illegally, and he was absolutely right. Ask anyone who lives near the border. They know he was right. If they aren't criminals, why are they coming in illegally?

You know he's right. You just can't admit it.
I've always understood most illegals to cross legally but to stay illegally...small point but it means most aren't criminals when they come in -- they become criminals (illegal) when they don't leave when they are suppose to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies