Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 07:43 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
...Why would he "visit" California??? Most, not all, but most of the State and the policital class there hates him, all his policies and sees him as some kind of 21st century Hitler. I don't blame him and do not see anything wrong with him skipping the State. I live in the Seattle area and I'm pretty sure Trump has no plans to visit Seattle either. Again, I don't blame him one bit.

Trust me, if he would fly into California, most of the State would be crying and seeking out a safe room with on hand stress/trauma counselors with plenty of hot coco and cute fluffy puppies to help with the healing process of all the hurt feelings... After burning down everything in sight.

If he doesn't go there, he's wrong... If he goes there, he's wrong.... Nothing won and nothing lost.

Plus, I'm pretty sure Hillary or Pelosi isn't in a hurry to visit West Virginia or Texas either.
Haha I think you are right

It would probably be great for the trauma counselor industry

Actually our mayor here in L.A called the election results

"Traumatic " and said he felt like protesting too .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2017, 07:54 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I don't really blame him .

CA lib politicians have treated Trump very poorly .
----

President Trump’s love for all things gold apparently doesn’t extend to the Golden State.

Trump is about to become the first president since Dwight D. Eisenhower 64 years ago to skip a visit to California during his first calendar year in office. And he doesn’t appear to have any plans to take Air Force One to the country’s most populous and economically powerful state before he marks his first full year in office Jan. 20.

Where's the California love? Trump is first president in decades to skip a visit in initial year - LA Times
Yes, it seems trump has pretty much ignored California, not sure how smart it is to do with one of the most powerful States but then again he also pretty much stays out of New York these days. Guess he knows where he is not welcome so hence spends most of his time at his private resort. Ignoring States that can throw their weight against you is not smart, but the head snowflake is not known for his smarts when it comes to dealing with others that have the ability to push back and are not sucking up to him. Such a policy can and probably will come back to haunt him, we shall see.............

Old 12-28-2017, 09:26 PM

8,484 posts, read 6,889,316 times
Golden hair. Golden state. Nope. Still it a match.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:29 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, it seems trump has pretty much ignored California, not sure how smart it is to do with one of the most powerful States but then again he also pretty much stays out of New York these days. Guess he knows where he is not welcome so hence spends most of his time at his private resort. Ignoring States that can throw their weight against you is not smart, but the head snowflake is not known for his smarts when it comes to dealing with others that have the ability to push back and are not sucking up to him. Such a policy can and probably will come back to haunt him, we shall see.............
You really don't like our President huh

Old 12-28-2017, 09:32 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Good, get pissed off. As far as I'm concerned, anyone who voted for The Cheeto is my enemy, no love or respect from me; it is impossible to both vote for him and be a good person
And yet you live in Arizona. A long time red state and one that also went to Trump. You apparently love living around your enemies.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:35 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,953,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump only got 8% of the Seattle vote, he's definitely not wanted here. Guessing there's not many parts of California welcoming to Trump either and after his tax plan targeted them, all the more reason for their intense dislike of Trump.
Seattle and California should just join Mexico already. That's what they want and deserve. The rest of America would breathe a sigh of relief.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:40 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Trump has a large golf resort in Palos Verdes. He dosn't visit it much. Dosn't seem to like the West Coast .. gee wonder why??

Old 12-28-2017, 09:41 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,710,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Seattle and California should just join Mexico already. That's what they want and deserve. The rest of America would breathe a sigh of relief.
Canada would be far more logical for Seattle since we go back and forth constantly. And Justin Trudeau would be such a relief. Ultimately the country will probably regionalize and split anyway, we just have nothing in common with each other.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:52 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Trump has a large golf resort in Palos Verdes. He dosn't visit it much. Dosn't seem to like the West Coast .. gee wonder why??
He also owns the 555 California building in San Francisco.

Despite the mutual hate between Trump and California he did support the Olympic bid of the original sanctuary city, the city that may hate him more than any other US city, rather than supporting an Olympic bid from a state that voted for him....

Old 12-28-2017, 09:59 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,600,002 times
I'm surprised that Trump hasn't publicly backed the State of Jefferson movement. You'd think he'd favor creating a red state and in the process reducing CA's congressional delegation and EVs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies