Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 06:44 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
To be fair...Kaepernick's anthem protest is far more visible and repetitive, additionally he has worn police/pig bacon socks, done activities with BLM, and made more extreme statements. I think Kaepernick is further our on a limb than LeBron, Kerr, or Popovich.
Kaepernick has bought into the BLM lies and been disrespectful to the nation that made him a millionaire simply because he runs fast and can throw a ball (rather poorly actually).

Pop & Kerr are white coaches coaching in a black sport and have to appear liberal to be popular in the NBA culture...(I personally don't respect their Snowflake attitudes.)

Lebron is probably the most gifted basketball player in history or at least since Chamberlain and he has taken great advantage of his talent which is just being smart. I give him credit for being intelligent and a gifted athlete and not doing anything obviously stupid. However, Lebron doesn't have the passion for winning of Jordan or Tom Brady so he falls short in this regard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 07:05 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,100,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
there is a huge difference between James and some other players, black or white. I don't think Magic Johnson or Michael Jordon were hated by the majority of Americans. James has done a lot for charity. For that he is to be commended, but he is also "in your face" and a bit of a egotistical ass. I am not sure people really hate him, they are just a bit tired of him.

Please. Michael Jordan was a whole @ss hole when he played and is still very much a jerk today. I could make an entire thread off incidents just involving MJ being mean to people and sometimes even outright messing folks over. Lebron James does none of that, you don’t hear any stories about Lebron James knocking his teammates out with haymakers in practice (Steve Kerr & BJ Armstrong) just because they didn’t run a play right, or Lebron being at a nightclub and taking the wife of a fan home who came up to him for an autograph. And that’s the PG rated stuff, got loads more stories from when he was a fixture in the Chicago underground gambling scene. Dude was known for literally throwing money in people’s faces. Like these folks idolize you, all that extra “I’m a walking demi god” stuff is not necessary. But yet MJ is not hated as much as Lebron? I wonder why, could it be the fact that he is a Black man who stands up for what he believes in and actually supports his people? Can’t none of y’all name one bad thing Lebron has done, nothing, nada, zilch. But Jordan gets a pass because he says things like “Republicans buy shoes too” and doesn’t speak up on Black social issues. Please. Most of y’all are so transparent on here it’s not even funny.

Old 12-29-2017, 07:19 AM

10,757 posts, read 4,344,063 times
LeBron James is the most vain athlete on the planet.
I mean what kind of 'man' wears a childish tattoo saying "the chosen one"?
And you can tell when he's interviewed, he really believes it.
Also, he's one of the best scorers ever, so why does he insist on constantly passing the ball to his teammates in the final seconds of close games?
Why does he so desperately want to unload that pressure onto someone else?
And he uses the excuse of it being 'the right basketball play', but no matter what kind of shot his teammate is given its still a lot of pressure on that teammate, and LeBron driving to the basket is always a higher percentage shot than a role-player's jump shot.
His tattoo is very ironic

Old 12-29-2017, 07:26 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I see, so kneeling for the national anthem is obviously worse than saying this about the president:

For the record, those words were said by a man who graduated from the United States Air Force Academy and served five years of active duty in the United States Air Force. He was referring to a man who never served a day for any cause greater than himself.
I remember that. That was a sick burn and Trump said absolutely nothing about it. I wonder why?

That said, I don't believe that Lebron James is hated ~ where does the OP get that?

Old 12-29-2017, 08:18 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
He claimed that someone wrote the N word on the wall of his L.A mansion

But no photos of it .

Seems like fake news to talk about how racist white folks are .

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/l...zero-evidence/
With all of the false flag events lately, I can see why people are suspicious, but is suspicion reason to hate someone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Just because he is good at a sport doesn't mean that he should be worshipped. I mean yeah there are those out there who idolize professional athletes, but not all of us do or should.
I clearly never said he should be worshipped, nor do I think he should be worshipped.

I just think there shouldn't be hate for a guy who keeps his nose clean, works hard at his craft, and gives back to society. We should hold him as an example for not committing crimes, working hard, and giving back to society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I remember that. That was a sick burn and Trump said absolutely nothing about it. I wonder why?

That said, I don't believe that Lebron James is hated ~ where does the OP get that?
I posted 3 links to places discussing hate of LeBron. Here is a 4th. In a public poll he was voted the most disliked athlete in America - even above players who have committed felonies and even above players who have beat their wives/fiancés.

New poll says LeBron James is the most loved ? and hated ? athlete in the US - Business Insider

I run into people who tell me that they hate him all the time, but they struggle to articulate specific reasons why.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:19 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
He walks like crazy and gets away with it under the "star treatment" policy.

Then there's the "not one, not two, not three, not four . . . championships" thing.
Lol..he does travel like crazy!

That said, I Love Lebron, but I get why he’s hated. I hate him when he’s beating my team!!

Old 12-29-2017, 08:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
I hate these totally made up posts.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:15 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
He's a narcissistic douche bag. He was so enamored with himself he thought the country would bow down to him and heap praise on him for going to Miami. He's only an athlete, nothing more. A great player, but a douchebag.
Tom Brady is a great quarterback. He's also a cheat and a douche bag.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:17 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,602,920 times
Why? There are a lot of Oakland fans out there.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:28 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,083,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
LeBron is a race baiter, and like Obama injects himself into anything racial when it comes to blacks. Whether it be Trayvon, Ferguson, etc. he is likely to stick his noce in. He is like Sharpton, only not as obnoxious.
Let's remember the racial slur vandalizing scandal on his LA House.... Remember that???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws9cFrFJhFo&t=478s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies