U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-29-2017, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Loleta, CA
1,141 posts, read 957,421 times
Reputation: 1609

Advertisements

Wow what a shock, people on this forum don't understand climate change.

 
Old 12-29-2017, 02:03 PM
 
Location: USA
7,479 posts, read 5,772,483 times
Reputation: 12319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I think most of the global-warming deniers understand what's happening, but they don't want their stock in fossil-fuels, to go down.
That, and they think "duh gubermint is gonna take away my coal-powered pickup truck." They don't have wit enough to understand that it will be NATURE that takes things away from them, perhaps in the form of affordable fuel, perhaps in the form of drowning coastal cities or starving millions. They honestly think it's all "a conspiracy" without any evidence to back up their silly viewpoint.

In my experience, climate change deniers in general have no respect for nature. Not only are they they types who'd gladly pave over the forests and use the Grand Canyon as a landfill, more importantly they stupidly challenge nature in the hopes of proving themselves "more powerful," "smarter," or some other lunacy. I think over the people I know who stupidly drive into blizzards and ice storms without good reason, or who take no precautions whatsoever when it comes to preparing for weather-related disasters or emergencies, and every single one of them is also a climate-change denier and honestly seems to think they can "beat" nature if they just keep driving in blizzards to prove themselves the "bigger man." Loons.
 
Old 12-29-2017, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Central Illinois -
21,399 posts, read 14,293,591 times
Reputation: 14525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I think most of the global-warming deniers understand what's happening, but they don't want their stock in fossil-fuels, to go down.
Naw, most of them are just nihilists, like Trump, and privately want to see everything burn down around them. I think that, coupled with mental illness and stupidity, explains why so many in this country reject science.
 
Old 12-29-2017, 02:13 PM
 
22,870 posts, read 12,203,928 times
Reputation: 7229
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They almost froze completely in 2014, but this year it is the first time in 40 years.

https://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/region_map.html


That global warming thing, sure sucks!
Only because you refuse to educate yourself about what global warming means to our climate.

Don't bother reading up -- it will interfere with your ability to show your ignorance on this issue.
 
Old 12-29-2017, 02:16 PM
 
21,331 posts, read 11,538,892 times
Reputation: 12172
Donít question liberals religious beliefs. Global warming causes heating and cooling. It is responsible when there are a lack of hurricanes and and abundance of hurricanes. It is even responsible when too many people move into an arid area, plant all sorts of vegetation that dries and burns and causes wildfires. Global Warming is all powerful. Amen.
 
Old 12-29-2017, 02:23 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
3,679 posts, read 1,404,852 times
Reputation: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Donít question liberals religious beliefs. Global warming causes heating and cooling. It is responsible when there are a lack of hurricanes and and abundance of hurricanes. It is even responsible when too many people move into an arid area, plant all sorts of vegetation that dries and burns and causes wildfires. Global Warming is all powerful. Amen.
Do you accept that CO2 has a positive forcing on the atmosphere? Thats a fact. Let's see if you accept a fact.
 
Old 12-29-2017, 02:36 PM
 
21,331 posts, read 11,538,892 times
Reputation: 12172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Do you accept that CO2 has a positive forcing on the atmosphere? Thats a fact. Let's see if you accept a fact.
Explain why CO2 levels in the atmosphere were higher during ice ages than they are today. That is a verifiable fact that these 2nd tier scientists never discuss intelligently.

You are being duped, they are trying to replace faith in God with faith in science that they control. Can’t you see that?
 
Old 12-29-2017, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
3,679 posts, read 1,404,852 times
Reputation: 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Explain why CO2 levels in the atmosphere were higher during ice ages than they are today. That is a verifiable fact that these 2nd tier scientists never discuss intelligently.
Don't bring this down rabbit trails. answer ths question -> Do you accept that CO2 has a positive forcing on the atmosphere?
 
Old 12-29-2017, 02:38 PM
 
23,860 posts, read 11,864,057 times
Reputation: 10069
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They almost froze completely in 2014, but this year it is the first time in 40 years.

https://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/region_map.html


That global warming thing, sure sucks!
I blame AGW.
 
Old 12-29-2017, 02:39 PM
 
1,751 posts, read 444,502 times
Reputation: 1583
Is there any experts on climate science here?

No?

Then please, shush. Lifting talking points off the internet blogs, Fox News and talk radio does not mean you are informed about this topic, it just means your good at listening and repeating like a good parrot.

Last edited by Eli34; 12-29-2017 at 02:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:14 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top