Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2017, 01:07 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,148,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
DACA recipients don't vote because they aren't US Citizens.
Yet!

Dems look at the long haul. 10, 20, 30 years? No problem. 3 millions were amnestied in 1986. That 3 million has easily grown to 10 and they are all eligible to vote today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 01:13 PM

79,906 posts, read 43,928,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Yet!

Dems look at the long haul. 10, 20, 30 years? No problem. 3 millions were amnestied in 1986. That 3 million has easily grown to 10 and they are all eligible to vote today.

If you don't concentrate all your effort on the top few percent you might get some of those votes.

Old 12-31-2017, 01:13 PM

40,930 posts, read 48,909,839 times
Even Libs like their gated and walled subdivisions to keep the rift raft out. This is just on a larger scale.

Old 12-31-2017, 01:19 PM

3,526 posts, read 2,827,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Are you purposely avoiding my question? Can we raise taxes to pay for the wall?

Anyone?
I say we pay for it out of the foreign aid and UN budgets.

RR

Old 12-31-2017, 01:20 PM

33,801 posts, read 16,806,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
I say we pay for it out of the foreign aid and UN budgets.

RR

I second that

Old 12-31-2017, 01:30 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,089,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm quoting the former FBI Director, Robert Mueller. He said that those from known terrorist countries have slipped through our porous southern border and disappeared into our country. We shouldn't allow anyone in here from known terrorist countries. That's why Trump is vetting the refugees from those countries more effectively because they are higher risks for terrorism. Here are the links proving that the good walls do work and don't try and tell me that illegal entry via our southern border has been so drastically reduced that we don't need a wall. As for the costs I'd rather pay $25 billion for a wall then to see the continued rising of costs of more illegal immigration.

I may be off base but your forum name causes me to suspect you have a vested interest in illegal immigration and why you are so adamantly opposing the wall.

Where U.S.-Mexico border fence is tall, it works

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...toryId=5323928
Yes, way way off base. If you had bothered to search it on Google instead of assuming it must be Hispanic or something, you’d see it is the Latin genus name for a certain type of rare fish. Science nerdy and absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I am white. No personal vested interest besides ones like my tax money being spent unwisely. It needs to go first and foremost towards actual realistic things like true visa and job reform, the latter especially likely to drastically reduce southern border crossings. Then we can see if a large expansion of walls is still needed.

You don’t think things may have changed in the 10 or 11 years since your articles were written, like my articles from this year point out?

Last edited by latimeria; 12-31-2017 at 02:19 PM..

Old 12-31-2017, 01:46 PM

18,521 posts, read 7,278,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
The Texas Lyceum survey would appear to be pretty good evidence and gives good data on who was surveyed.
No, it doesn't. The questions are stacked, and the sample is clearly unrepresentative. However, you're right that continuing Mexican immigration and high birthrates will turn Texas "blue" within 15 years. That's the whole point of resisting immigration. Our country is being taking from us just the same as if it were a military invasion.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:39 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,242,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
No, it doesn't. The questions are stacked, and the sample is clearly unrepresentative. However, you're right that continuing Mexican immigration and high birthrates will turn Texas "blue" within 15 years. That's the whole point of resisting immigration. Our country is being taking from us just the same as if it were a military invasion.
Nonsense. It is all there including the demographics, ethnic, income age etc. Appears to be a rational sample of Texans in roughly the right proportions and the questions do not appear to be leading and are cleanly asked.

Your problem is that you simply do not like the answers.

The purpling of TX is a virtual certainty already. Illegal aliens are not going to change that.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:46 PM

18,521 posts, read 7,278,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nonsense. It is all there including the demographics, ethnic, income age etc. Appears to be a rational sample of Texans in roughly the right proportions and the questions do not appear to be leading and are cleanly asked.
You can tell that the sample is skewed by the answers regarding other elections. As if Texas would vote in a Democrat senator in a landslide! And the relevant question is extremely leading. Since you don't know the size of the penalty, it is in fact meaningless even if you think it was fairly presented.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:59 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,242,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
You can tell that the sample is skewed by the answers regarding other elections. As if Texas would vote in a Democrat senator in a landslide! And the relevant question is extremely leading. Since you don't know the size of the penalty, it is in fact meaningless even if you think it was fairly presented.
Just check the relative vote polled for Trump versus Clinton in 2016. Trump gets 55% of the Trump plus Clinton vote in their poll and in reality. That says they do a good job of reflecting TX views.

Again you simply do not like the answers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies