U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 06:30 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,314,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
Cuomo and his band of crooks waste taxpayer money (like $15M for gondolas for the state fairgrounds). People who work for NY state, including fire, police, legislature, etc. do not pay NY state taxes when collecting their pensions, but they sure as hell tax my pension. Cuomo, like Schumer, are grandstanders who are in it for their own political gain. Never any facts to back up their whining or they only report half of an issue. Not everyone itemizes (about 3.4 M in NY). People will still be able to deduct $10K of state income tax, and instead of $12K standard deduction, it will be $24K. The child credit has been increased from$1,000 to $2,000 per child under age 17, and allows parents to receive up to $1,400 as a refund, if the credit is larger than their federal income tax liability. So BASIC math shows the average taxpayer is getting a better deal, but Cuomo and Schumer keep whining about the SALT elimination.
That's because Democrats are the party of the rich and well-connected. I'm truly amused that they are complaining about rich people paying higher taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 06:39 PM

18,873 posts, read 7,336,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Great, where is the Democrat tax cut bill?

Hint: There isn't one and there never will be.
They want to soak folks with higher taxes.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:39 PM

32,995 posts, read 13,924,061 times
Quote:
Great, where is the Democrat tax cut bill?

Hint: There isn't one and there never will be.
You mean the GOP was actually looking for bipartisanship. LOL
The main reason for this bill was our corporations couldn’t compete with other countries because of the 35% rate, I have yet to hear a sensible defense. Remember when this started the projection was that this would be revenue neutral. There was no need for this at this time.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:49 PM

12,639 posts, read 7,314,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You mean the GOP was actually looking for bipartisanship. LOL
The main reason for this bill was our corporations couldn’t compete with other countries because of the 35% rate, I have yet to hear a sensible defense. Remember when this started the projection was that this would be revenue neutral. There was no need for this at this time.
The Democrats need the GOP to make a tax proposal? My, they are more braindead than ever.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:21 AM

32,995 posts, read 13,924,061 times
Quote:
The Democrats need the GOP to make a tax proposal? My, they are more braindead than ever.
I am still waiting to hear why we needed to lower the corporate rate to 21%, it should be easy to explain because this was the major reason for the tax bill. Hard to believe that they were able to sell this as a problem.

Old 12-30-2017, 08:25 AM

8,231 posts, read 2,201,359 times
So I decided to do a comparison of 2 areas I'm very familiar with
Poughkeepsie NY
Fort Pierce FL

If I wanted to be really harsh.... I'd have looked for a house in Saratoga County... where taxes are 12 15k on a dump needing roof/foundation work. For the same money. Or worse yet... Beacon LOL

Hmm I wonder why folks want to leave...

Old 12-30-2017, 08:28 AM

17,709 posts, read 8,854,347 times
Cuomo told conservatives to get out of New York, remember? He alienated half the population outside of the NYC metro area.

Quote:
Gov. Cuomo has a message for conservative Republicans — you don’t belong in New York.

Cuomo said Friday that members of the GOP with “extreme” views are creating an identity crisis for their party and represent a bigger worry than Democrats such as himself.

“Their problem isn’t me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves,” the governor said on Albany’s The Capitol Pressroom radio show.

“Who are they? Right to life, pro-assault weapons, anti-gay — if that’s who they are, they have no place in the state of New York because that’s not who New Yorkers are.”
https://nypost.com/2014/01/18/gov-cu...ives-leave-ny/

Old 12-30-2017, 08:34 AM

8,231 posts, read 2,201,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I am still waiting to hear why we needed to lower the corporate rate to 21%, it should be easy to explain because this was the major reason for the tax bill. Hard to believe that they were able to sell this as a problem.
If I ran a multi million dollar operation and had a choice to keep paying a third in profit to taxes which would involuntarily raise overhead and cause me to want to either do a hiring and raise freeze and seek out cheaper sources to remain profitable or possibly outsource labor or offshore production...

I would not stay here that's for sure.
I wouldn't be giving raises.
Benefits would be next to nothing.
My goods would go up in price.
I'd have to cut costs somewhere to maximize profit...

Those taxes are lowered to 21% that's a nice incentive to stay. Good way to lower expenses.

Tell me. Which would you rather pay on a few million?
21% or 35%

Especially if your goal is to hire and expand operations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or