Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2017, 10:55 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,099,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
If I were on a date and some woman started in with all this feminazi crap I would politely excuse myself saying I needed to use the restroom and just leave.
I don't do passive-aggressive....I'd flat out tell her I do not put up with that BS and wish her luck in finding some beat down beta male that will cower to her needs.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:56 AM

11,914 posts, read 6,501,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Simple genetics. We are wired for survival, to excel at those things that allow us to live and prosper. Mayo is just a simple condiment and as such is not that far up the evolutionary scale of things to identify. Beer, however, is LIFE.

(Oops, was that mansplanin?)
LOL - Nope, not mansplaining, I think you just came up with the Rosetta Stone Answer many women have been searching decades for!

Old 12-30-2017, 10:57 AM

19,428 posts, read 12,075,024 times
Once I was pumping gas and some guy came up fast and grabbed the nozzle out of my hand and mansplained that I did not have to hold the handle down, I could click it and it would automatically pump, which he did for me. As I backed away in surprise and gasped.

See, I know how to pump gas, I know how to set it on auto. But I was only pumping a small amount of gas and was almost finished. So his assault caused me to have to spend more money than I had planned which he should have paid for. But I was too shocked to do much of anything. I told the cashier who cracked up shaking her head, said this was a first.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:58 AM

11,914 posts, read 6,501,408 times
Clearly the OP has never raised teenagers.
Teensplaining puts mansplaining to shame.
Thus my favorite bumper sticker: "Quick - hire a teenager while they still know everything."

Last edited by mountainrose; 12-30-2017 at 11:28 AM..

Old 12-30-2017, 11:08 AM

21,402 posts, read 10,475,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Oh, I was talking about the people in here who said things like the decline of our nation started when we allowed women to learn to read, write, vote and work. Basics that they would love to take away again, I would suspect, leaving us as second class. I’m no third wave feminist or anything. I just like being able to make choices for my own life.
They were joking.

Old 12-30-2017, 11:13 AM

17,505 posts, read 17,408,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Once I was pumping gas and some guy came up fast and grabbed the nozzle out of my hand and mansplained that I did not have to hold the handle down, I could click it and it would automatically pump, which he did for me. As I backed away in surprise and gasped.

See, I know how to pump gas, I know how to set it on auto. But I was only pumping a small amount of gas and was almost finished. So his assault caused me to have to spend more money than I had planned which he should have paid for. But I was too shocked to do much of anything. I told the cashier who cracked up shaking her head, said this was a first.
I am a guy and NEVER lock the nozzle open. One reason is possible static discharge when grabbing the nozzle again and the other is I’m less likely to forget the nozzle in the car and drive off. Such a feature is generally for vehicles with large gas tanks.

Old 12-30-2017, 11:17 AM

5,306 posts, read 2,093,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
They were joking.
Well, I have seen enough people in this forum who hold these sorts of opinions that were serious, so it’s hard to tell for sure.

Last edited by latimeria; 12-30-2017 at 11:27 AM..

Old 12-30-2017, 11:17 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,556,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Simple genetics. We are wired for survival, to excel at those things that allow us to live and prosper. Mayo is just a simple condiment and as such is not that far up the evolutionary scale of things to identify. Beer, however, is LIFE.

(Oops, was that mansplanin?)

I am probably guilty of "mansplaining" with my wife. She's a great person but when it comes to things like, shall we say, mechanical aptitude, that's one of those genes that did not get turned on. Sometimes it takes explaining (or questioning) in a really long, simplistic way, to get an explanation of say what's wrong with the car that makes any sense. BELIEVE ME, this is NOT by choice. Just had that kind of conversation with a co-worker with a teenage daughter the other day. "I put the key in the car and it won't go" (literally what was said). "OK, step me through it, did the lights or radio come on when you turned the key" "yes". "Is the engine RUNNING and it won't move?". "I dunno". ARRRGGGGHHHHH. Trust me on this-most men much prefer women that they don't have to explain really simple stuff to.
The difference is probably this: When a woman tells a man about a problem most of the time she just wants someone to listen and be sympathetic. Men want to solve problems so they set about thinking (and explaining) how to "fix" said problem. Hence we get stuck with that derisive moniker - "mansplaining"

How about we just accept the differences without stereotyping ?

Old 12-30-2017, 11:25 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,752,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelica65 View Post
Of course men will deflect, say it's not a thing, say we're just crazy but any women that have dealt with lots of men especially in a working environment will know exactly what I mean. Hell, even on message boards such as this mansplaining and even EXTREME MANSPLAINING is a huge issue, and honestly I think it should be a bannable offense. I particularly hate it when men try to talk about women's health issues, or women's body parts as if they have a clue what they are talking about.
I hate it when someone believes that "mansplaining" is an actual thing. Why use a cutesy word to veil an actual dislike/hate of anything men?

Basically what you're doing is attacking men and when they defend themselves you call it something else and then attack that. I also dislike people who preface a feeling with "honestly" because that implies you need to differentiate when you're trying to be honest.

Men can't even have an opinion with such women. It's just more of the same division by mostly childish extremists who have yet to grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
The difference is probably this: When a woman tells a man about a problem most of the time she just wants someone to listen and be sympathetic. Men want to solve problems so they set about thinking (and explaining) how to "fix" said problem. Hence we get stuck with that derisive moniker - "mansplaining"

How about we just accept the differences without stereotyping ?
Oh, if only!

Old 12-30-2017, 11:31 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,873,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
If women knew what they were talking about I wouldn't need to mansplain everything.
Wow, dude...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.