Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2017, 08:44 AM

45,550 posts, read 27,160,554 times

Advertisements

Reservations are for the little people.

Woman accuses United of giving her seat to Houston's Sheila Jackson Lee

A passenger on a flight from Houston to Washington D.C. has accused United Airlines of giving her first-class seat to U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee. D-Houston, and then threatening to remove her from the plane for complaining and snapping a photo of the Houston congresswoman.

Her seat, 1A, was taken, she was told. Simon was given a $500 voucher and reseated in row 11, Economy Plus.

Simon later learned that Jackson Lee was in her pre-purchased seat and has alleged that the congresswoman received preferential treatment, which United denies.

Jackson Lee issued a statement on Saturday afternoon saying: "I asked for nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary and received nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary."

In other words, United lets her get away with this all of the time, and passengers just accept the demotion and the bribe.

And it doesn't matter if the race card is overdrawn, she uses it anyway.

"Since this was not any fault of mine, the way the individual continued to act appeared to be, upon reflection, because I was an African American woman, seemingly an easy target along with the African American flight attendant who was very, very nice," Jackson Lee said in the statement. "This saddens me, especially at this time of year given all of the things we have to work on to help people. But in the spirit of this season and out of the sincerity of my heart, if it is perceived that I had anything to do with this, I am kind enough to simply say sorry."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2017, 08:46 AM

20,099 posts, read 9,006,146 times
United Airlines is one of the worst, I avoid it like the plague.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:04 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,755,581 times
Quote:
"Since this was not any fault of mine, the way the individual continued to act appeared to be, upon reflection, because I was an African American woman, seemingly an easy target along with the African American flight attendant who was very, very nice," Jackson Lee said in the statement. "This saddens me, especially at this time of year given all of the things we have to work on to help people. But in the spirit of this season and out of the sincerity of my heart, if it is perceived that I had anything to do with this, I am kind enough to simply say sorry."
She claims to be hard working, sincere and kind, and calls the woman who lost her seat a racist, all in the same breath.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:29 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
She claims to be hard working, sincere and kind, and calls the woman who lost her seat a racist, all in the same breath.
We weren’t there. It’s possible that the woman was indeed a racist. No way of knowing. It is wrong for the passenger to have to give up her seat. But a $500 voucher seems generous.Not sure why any politician needs to fly First Class. I recently saw who I thought was Karl Rove fly Coach on Southwest.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:35 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,644,356 times
Another racist in congress sending a white person to the back of the airplane. When will the white Rosa Parks resist and refuse to move ?

Old 12-25-2017, 10:36 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,592,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
We weren’t there. It’s possible that the woman was indeed a racist. No way of knowing. It is wrong for the passenger to have to give up her seat. But a $500 voucher seems generous.Not sure why any politician needs to fly First Class. I recently saw who I thought was Karl Rove fly Coach on Southwest.
Southwest doesn't have first class, it's all coach

Old 12-25-2017, 10:37 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Southwest doesn't have first class, it's all coach
Yes, I know. But Karl Rove could have flown something else. Couldn’t he? It was an Austin flight.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:40 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,392,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Another racist in congress sending a white person to the back of the airplane. When will the white Rosa Parks resist and refuse to move ?
Row 11 is the "back of the airplane"....LOL.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:43 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,254,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Reservations are for the little people.

Woman accuses United of giving her seat to Houston's Sheila Jackson Lee

A passenger on a flight from Houston to Washington D.C. has accused United Airlines of giving her first-class seat to U.S. Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee. D-Houston, and then threatening to remove her from the plane for complaining and snapping a photo of the Houston congresswoman.

Her seat, 1A, was taken, she was told. Simon was given a $500 voucher and reseated in row 11, Economy Plus.

Simon later learned that Jackson Lee was in her pre-purchased seat and has alleged that the congresswoman received preferential treatment, which United denies.

Jackson Lee issued a statement on Saturday afternoon saying: "I asked for nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary and received nothing exceptional or out of the ordinary."
In other words, United lets her get away with this all of the time, and passengers just accept the demotion and the bribe.

And it doesn't matter if the race card is overdrawn, she uses it anyway.

This is why the swamp must be drained, and it must not only be drained, but then filled in with concrete so it doesn't grow back.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:50 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,219,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
Row 11 is the "back of the airplane"....LOL.
It’s called figuratively speaking.

Being moved somewhere else regardless of whether it is literally at the back or the middle or whatever, in order to accommodate someone else because they are supposedly more important is very reminiscent of the civil rights era practice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies