Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 09:34 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,802,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Conservatives once again show what their mantra is:

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.
It seems like we're in the midst of a full backlash against intellectualism and reason in this country. It's hard to believe that we as a nation put a man on the moon yet today we refuse to believe the earth is over 6,000 years old and that a bronze-age religious tome has all the answers to the problems in our society and is an acceptable means by which to govern a 21st century nation. It's amazing how far we've fallen.

25,231 posts, read 16,926,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
I read one hilarious theory...How and Why Did Wings Evolve?

Wings evolved because bipedal animals were leaping into the air; large wings assisted leaping. (This is possible; any amount of wing could assist leaping..

Yeah right...lets see now take myself as test subject..my DNA has a board meeting with the aerodynamics engineering department. Hey guys Fordtrucks has been leaping on the road quite a bit lately. Lets help the poor guy out. Voila fordtrucks now has turbocharged jet thrusters on his arms. Yahoo...i can fly like superman!!!

unbelievable...I think I would give more credence to santa claus being real!!!
You are only being intellectually dishonest to yourself, and underestimating Gods capability.

7,447 posts, read 2,829,940 times
It's cool, luckily evolution doesn't need s**tposter trolls to understand it in order to be true.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:39 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,446,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
This thread was made with the sole purpose of sowing discord. The words "Intellectual Snobs" and "Mock those" in the subject line - are meant to cause arguments among American citizens.

There have been many reports of Russian paid posters creating such posts all through social media.

This thread meets the criteria exactly. Do you think C-D has been infiltrated too?
Yes, definitely.

But these Ivan's are going to need to become a little bit more clever about American society. They are starting the most ridiculous threads.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:44 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,626,790 times
The Russian trolls are more clever and nuanced with their posts than OP. Mostly, they blend in and don't blatantly ****post. OP strikes me as some old dude who lives in semi-isolation and spends most of his days looking up conspiracy theories. I've had a couple of family members who fit this mold and I recognize the signs.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:46 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,926,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
The Russian trolls are more clever and nuanced with their posts than OP. Mostly, they blend in and don't blatantly ****post. OP strikes me as some old dude who lives in semi-isolation and spends most of his days looking up conspiracy theories. I've had a couple of family members who fit this mold and I recognize the signs.
I think we all have one of those uncles....

Old 12-30-2017, 09:48 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,446,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Conservatives once again show what their mantra is:

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

BELLIGERENCE IS VIRTUE

CONTRARINESS IS SERENITY

All hail the Donald!

Old 12-30-2017, 09:48 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,919,719 times
Quote:
Yeah right...lets see now take myself as test subject..my DNA has a board meeting with the aerodynamics engineering department. Hey guys Fordtrucks has been leaping on the road quite a bit lately. Lets help the poor guy out. Voila fordtrucks now has turbocharged jet thrusters on his arms. Yahoo...i can fly like superman!!!
Again, you've demonstrated no understanding of how evolution works.

A more apt example is

There are a bunch of fordtrucks milling about on the road.

Actual Ford trucks drive down this road.

Most fordtrucks are so unaware that they do nothing and are obliterated by the Ford trucks.
However, a few of the fordtrucks, have enough intellect to sense the oncoming Ford trucks and attempt to avoid them by jumping. Not all succeed, but more do than the unaware fordtrucks.
More of these aware fordtrucks survive to reproduce than the unaware fordtrucks - resulting in more aware offspring.

After much time, all of the unaware fordtrucks have been eliminated.

All that survive now are the aware fordtrucks, but they are sufficiently differentiated and are now a new species known as chevytrucks.

This is how evolution works. Not that whatever it was that you originally posted.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:50 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,136,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
People who understand basic science = intellectual snobs
Science is merely the study of God's creation. They discover a few things ,give it names but do not fully understand the intricate creation God has created. It is too complex for their finite minds to comprehend.

Knowledge is passed on from generation to generation to learn what discoveries have been made and at times have to refute what they think is fact. Science is just the study of what has already been created by God.

Old 12-30-2017, 09:51 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,443,317 times
Quote:
I read one hilarious theory...How and Why Did Wings Evolve?

Wings evolved because bipedal animals were leaping into the air; large wings assisted leaping. (This is possible; any amount of wing could assist leaping..

unbelievable...I think I would give more credence to santa claus being real!!!
You display the level of scientific ignorance all too typical of conservatives. Please educate yourself with some Biology 101 textbooks. You'll learn about the fossil and DANA evidence collected by scientists in support of evolution that took place over a very long period of time. You'll also learn the drawbacks of the theory in certain aspects and leading scientific hypotheses.

As it is, you sound like you have a similar comprehension basis for discussion as a shrimp examining a nuclear submarine.

What's embarrassing is how proud some conservatives seem to be to be uneducated and ignorant about the world around them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.