U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 10:18 AM

17,069 posts, read 8,717,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Newt was right about Trump having a great shot of becoming president. Newt saw the supporters at the rallies and was amazed. He knew and I too knew Trump had a good shot after I went to two rallies. The people were fired up for a win.
Could be. I thought he was just being contrarian. I like Newt, but I just don't have faith in most political pundits on either side due to their track records on prognostication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 11:04 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 12 days ago)

58,082 posts, read 40,870,133 times
Quote:
The resist movement by the democrats will finish off the Democratic party. It has become the party of hate,division and lies.

Gee, who knew the GOP was so progressive?

It became that party in 2008.

Old 12-30-2017, 11:33 AM

6,751 posts, read 6,143,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Any wonder why Gingrich was deposed from his job as Speaker and is no longer taken seriously in politics?
I've never wondered about that.................

But I have wondered about how many people besides me realize he sounds like Kermit the Frog.

Old 12-30-2017, 12:11 PM

32,771 posts, read 13,851,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Record budget deficits? Do you know 2018 deficit is $440 billion, and that Obama regularly ran deficits of over $1 trillion annually?

You're trying to re-write history.

All the Republicans have to do is pass a healthcare bill, and an infrastructure bill, and they will keep their seats in congress, if not gain seats.

Now if the Republicans will do that, remains to be seen.
The budget deficit for 2018 is predicted to be $440B, they have not included infrastructure, tax reform, DOD and the disaster aide. They don't even have a real budget, that will take place next month assuming that they can reach agreement and don't just kick it ahead.

The budget deficit for 2017 was $666 B, 2015 $438B.

There was a very good reason that congress ran deficits in 2009, etc, its called the great recession.

Congress cant pass a health care bill they already proved that, they should be able to pass an infrastructure bill but not sure where they are getting the funding. They also just increased the federal cost of health care by removing the mandate.

Old 12-30-2017, 12:19 PM

5,371 posts, read 2,726,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
This is the sort of disconnected-from-reality thinking that is not going to end well for Democrats. Doug Jones barely beat an accused pedophile. It should have been a landslide. The lesson from Alabama is that the Dems are in serious trouble and have learned nothing since HRC's loss to Trump. I beg you (Dems) - please get your heads out of the sand and produce a viable alternative to Trump for the next election. You guys just don't get it.
But he beat him in ALABAMA! A deep red, right wing Evangelical stronghold. You can keep pretending this is insignificant if you like, everybody has a right to an opinion.

Old 12-30-2017, 12:46 PM

18,284 posts, read 9,475,270 times
Quote:
The resist movement by the democrats will finish off the Democratic party. It has become the party of hate,division and lies.
I agree in the short term that the demonic rats will be wiped out in 2018 and again in 2020 but loss of power for 6 consecutive election cycles may even cause the rich leftist ideologues in control of "the Rats" to reasses and moderate their hate and intolerance of "deplorables".

Old 12-30-2017, 01:00 PM

18,744 posts, read 7,277,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I agree in the short term that the demonic rats will be wiped out in 2018 and again in 2020 but loss of power for 6 consecutive election cycles may even cause the rich leftist ideologues in control of "the Rats" to reasses and moderate their hate and intolerance of "deplorables".

GOP Senate map is GOLD in 2018.

Dems run in deep red states, where opponent will lack baggage.

Trump in many of them polls >50% popular.

2020 is GOP Silver. Good, not great map.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:01 PM

2,142 posts, read 823,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
But he beat him in ALABAMA! A deep red, right wing Evangelical stronghold. You can keep pretending this is insignificant if you like, everybody has a right to an opinion.
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that Evangelical types are as offended by pedophilia as anyone else, if not more so. The Dems suffered a rude awakening when Clinton lost to Trump. To this day, the Democratic party comes up with all sorts of wild excuses why they lost, even though the real reason is as clear as it can be. Same thing with Alabama. There's a really valuable lesson to be learned, but the Dems are so giddy with joy that they actually won something, they're missing the bigger picture: They lost to a friggin' accused pedophile. Whether you agree or not, that's a huge red flag indicating that something is seriously wrong with the Democratic party.

Old 12-30-2017, 01:48 PM

25,841 posts, read 39,055,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
looks like another big year for Republicans in 2018

Newt Gingrich: ‘The stage is being set’ for GOP landslide in 2018

Newt Gingrich said Thursday that Democrats are headed for a major political upset in 2018, mostly due to the mainstream media’s dishonesty and the party’s inability to learn from its own mistakes.

“The great political surprise of 2018 will be the size of the Republican victory,” the former Republican House Speaker wrote in a column for Fox News. “After members of the elite media have spent two years savaging President Trump, lying about Republican legislation, and reassuring themselves that Republican defeat was inevitable, the size of the GOP victory in 2018 will be an enormous shock.”

Moderator cut: copyright violation

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...for-gop-lands/
Many people aside from Gingrich say the same thing. Democrats have no policies other than "impeach" and having to deal with the downslide of the Democratic Party.

In 2018 we will see the Clinton Fusion GPS, Dossier, Uranium One, Comey, email scandal and more coming out even more. On top of the corruption at the top of the FBI will exposed more by other employees who are sick of getting the FBI's name slandered due to the top of the FBI doing so wrong and colluding against President Trump.

Old 12-30-2017, 02:03 PM

78,289 posts, read 33,358,137 times
I've been saying the same thing for a long time. It is a partisan source but it's true that unless the (D)'s learn that they can not beat the (R)'s at their game, they are going to lose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or