Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which party values education more?
Democrats 110 74.32%
Republicans 38 25.68%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 10:25 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Democrats love indoctrinated drones. That's why they want to send everyone to college, so they can be exposed to and brainwashed by hardcore left wing radicals masquerading as "educators". Indoctrinate them while their minds are still weak and susceptible to brainwashing. Then, they will be perfect little slaves until they are old and feeble, ready to be disposed of and replaced by the next batch of mindless drones in training. Sad that parents and students are devoting large sums of money to this unnecessary practice. Even more sad that lefties have convinced large numbers of Americans that this is necessary for society.

Left wants group think and indoctrination. The right values wisdom over group think, and desires people to think independently and avoid becoming sheeple marching to their own slaughter. Wisdom is not handed out like a college degree. It is acquired via real life experience.
I went to college and I didn't come out brainwashed or indoctrinated into anything. I have many friends and collegues that are educated and their political views are all over the place. This is a myth that has spread amongst the hardcore right to spread false information about the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 10:27 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,074,171 times
Neither party value "education" for itself. Look at how low the standards are now. Look at how "everyone" can go to college with government loans. Look at how many HS remedial classes are taught in college now. Look at the younger generation graduating with government debt in the tens of thousands.

And k-12..why just keep pouring money into it and hope it gets better.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:32 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
You can't definitively say one party values education more than the other. That's complete nonsense. The debate should be on the educational system and what students should be getting out of it.

The biggest problem right now is that liberal professors are preaching a very liberal leftist agenda and that is even trickling down into the lower education levels. Education is for learning, not about someone's cause or philosophy. Let students decide for themselves what they want to believe in.

Old 12-30-2017, 10:38 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Democrats love indoctrinated drones. That's why they want to send everyone to college, so they can be exposed to and brainwashed by hardcore left wing radicals masquerading as "educators". Indoctrinate them while their minds are still weak and susceptible to brainwashing. Then, they will be perfect little slaves until they are old and feeble, ready to be disposed of and replaced by the next batch of mindless drones in training. Sad that parents and students are devoting large sums of money to this unnecessary practice. Even more sad that lefties have convinced large numbers of Americans that this is necessary for society.

Left wants group think and indoctrination. The right values wisdom over group think, and desires people to think independently and avoid becoming sheeple marching to their own slaughter. Wisdom is not handed out like a college degree. It is acquired via real life experience.
So how did you get around the conundrum ? did you not go to school?

Old 12-30-2017, 10:39 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I went to college and I didn't come out brainwashed or indoctrinated into anything. I have many friends and collegues that are educated and their political views are all over the place. This is a myth that has spread amongst the hardcore right to spread false information about the left.
Not all colleges are the same. Overall, colleges seem to slant to the left though. Plenty of radical leftist professors have been caught spreading their hate. Everything from hatred towards whites, verbal tirades against Trump supporters, and so on. Remember the Florida professor who claimed that Texans deserved all the suffering brought on by Hurricane Harvey, just because Texas favored Trump during the election? Sickening to know people think this way. The professor was fired, but they will likely just spread their hate at some other university. And some unfortunate students will have to foot the bill for this pathetic loser's lecture time. What a scam...

Old 12-30-2017, 11:07 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Define "education."

Then people can answer your poll question. Without your definition, it's impossible to answer.

Old 12-30-2017, 11:13 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
We can see from this thread so far that Republicans do not value liberal arts education. So, the social sciences, language, or really any subject that has you thinking beyond cold, hard numbers is greatly undervalued. Unfortunately for the right, the social sciences are the ones that shape people into greater, more empathetic human beings so I'm not at all surprised that Republicans often do not value them.

Trump style Republicans view any education unfavorably. More often than not, they see education as "indoctrination by the left."

That was precisely the point I was making. We see threads all the time on here where someone on the Right is claiming that Professors and colleges are indoctrinating students into "liberal" thinking. Never saw that when I was in school, all they did was try to teach us facts and opinions, and we were free to make up our own minds about what to keep and what to discard.

Old 12-30-2017, 11:14 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Neither

Old 12-30-2017, 11:18 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
I think Republicans favor EDUCATION while Democrats favor INDOCTRINATION.

Old 12-30-2017, 11:19 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
That was precisely the point I was making. We see threads all the time on here where someone on the Right is claiming that Professors and colleges are indoctrinating students into "liberal" thinking. Never saw that when I was in school, all they did was try to teach us facts and opinions, and we were free to make up our own minds about what to keep and what to discard.
[/color]
I think you meant opinions AS facts...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies