Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who should be charged with murder?
The 911 Caller 17 42.50%
The Police officer on "administration leave" 23 57.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 01:31 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,539,144 times

Advertisements

What a stupid thing to do.
If a cop has reason to knock there is no reason to answer the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2017, 02:12 PM

19,667 posts, read 9,987,712 times
Just murder, plain and simple.

Old 12-30-2017, 02:14 PM

7,473 posts, read 3,983,689 times
So the "prankster" made the call from California...........yet with todays Technology and the massive amounts of money the police have to use..........They could not have checked to see why a caller from California is saying he has hostages in kansas??? Are you friggin kidding me!
If you are possibly going to shoot someone..... LETS BE SURE

Last edited by jeffdoorgunner; 12-30-2017 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: wrong state.......

Old 12-30-2017, 02:18 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,683,251 times
We are all in danger from the no knock and SWAT protocols. Alert your congressman!

Old 12-30-2017, 02:20 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,600,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Apparently he was "swatted" by an anonymous caller
Police kill a man at his home while responding to a fake call - CNN

Sorry unacceptable. Your poorly trained trigger happy goons shot an unarmed man, in his own home, minding his own business while innocently reaching for his waistline. Charges should be filed against the officer/s who shot the victim.
yes, tragic and senseless, but notice the lack of acknowledge by this boob for of any departmental responsibility in shooting a guy answering his door. He should be tossed out of a job too.
Im all for gun control ... for cops.
generally i disgree with almost all your posting. On policing in the USA you are completely correct.

US police put themselves first the public 2nd. they are almost completely unaccountable and the public has been brainwashed to think this endless murder is normal.

Here is a hint to my fellow Americans. There exists nations where no police officer has ever shot and killed an unarmed innocent member of the public.

why? well they are not trained to put themselves first , they are hired to protect the public and put their own lives on the line.

Old 12-30-2017, 02:21 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,863,328 times
Both.

Old 12-30-2017, 02:23 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,125,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
You and I may not see eye to eye on much, but this one you have 100% right. US law enforcement is improperly trained for this sort of situation and tend to resort to deadly force much too quickly and much too often..
Thats where youre mistaken my friend.

Cops in the US are properly trained...for combat and escalating situations. What seemingly is most departments dont get training on is DE-escalating these situations. I also would like to know what kind of training they get to NOT see everyone they encounter as a criminal, to avoid situations like this. Because like you wrote, the chief places NO blame on the department for the trigger happy response. This means he knows his department was only trained in one aspect vs the other. I guess this department wasnt trained on how to read situations.

I would be more accepting of the department if the chief said changes need to be made to prevent this from happening again, as many have actually done, but he didnt.

But I suppose this chief wants to wait until the laws are changed, which needs to be done all over the country. Police should not be discharging until they actually see a gun first. They have the vests, not us. Hopefully the people in this town go to the city council and demand change. Hopefully they will realize this can happen to any of them for no good reason.

Old 12-30-2017, 02:25 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,104,597 times
Caller- involuntary manslaughter
Officer- 1st degree murder(if it's proven the guy didn't reach for anything).

Old 12-30-2017, 02:31 PM

20 years each.

Old 12-30-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
generally i disgree with almost all your posting. On policing in the USA you are completely correct.

US police put themselves first the public 2nd. they are almost completely unaccountable and the public has been brainwashed to think this endless murder is normal.

Here is a hint to my fellow Americans. There exists nations where no police officer has ever shot and killed an unarmed innocent member of the public.

why? well they are not trained to put themselves first , they are hired to protect the public and put their own lives on the line.
Our Supreme Court ruled that cops have no obligation to protect anyone. And so they don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies